• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dpunk3

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts, USA
Exactly as title says. A year ago, the idea that the democrats had a shot at taking one or both houses of Congress was pretty farfetched, but now not so much. The GOP has done so much irreversible damage to their image, both from Trump and self-infliction, that the democrats not only stand a chance but everyone I talk to (who has even voted for Trump) now only see democratic candidates as their only option.

Personally, I wasn't even politically interested until the Scarlet Scoundrel got elected into office. I also didn't think the democrats stood a chance at taking any of the houses, but now not so much. The GOP is no more than black stain in my mind, much in the way I have to scrape dog shit off my shoe.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you're registered to vote because the Trump administration is going to make it hard for people to get out to the polls next election so they can retain power.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
damage to our country or to their party?

cuz I expected the damage to the country to happen (honestly its worse than I though w/ kids in cages), but I don't think they've done to much damage to their party.

those who are for them will justify it regardless of whats been happening. and anyone who was against them, is still against them.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Yes.

I have this Bernie Bro co-worker thinking Hillary would get us into a nuclear war and would rather have this.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This all happened in ultra slow motion. Everything has been telegraphed with the subtly of a supernova.

It was so obvious that even Trumpers knew what they were getting.

I think only centrists and moderates thought it was just going to be same ol same ol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
No. I had hoped the jokes about the administration being too stupid and incompetent to do anything were true.

I thought I would see them endlessly bumbling and blowing themselves up. Instead, they're endlessly bumbling and blowing themselves up while starting horrible practices as well.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't expect this much damage to the country. I thought there would be at least the minimal amount of republicans in congress and the senate necessary to still maintain any semblance of checks and balances. That was obviously giving the GOP too much credit.

I did fully expect this much damage to the republican party, but it's failed to meet my expectations in the opposite way as damage to the country. I for sure thought some fraction of republicans would denounce Trump on day 1, and form some kind of center right party. But again, I was apparently giving the GOP too much credit.

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Personally, I wasn't even politically interested until the Scarlet Scoundrel got elected into office. I also didn't think the democrats stood a chance at taking any of the houses, but now not so much. The GOP is no more than black stain in my mind, much in the way I have to scrape dog shit off my shoe.
Ehhh, leave the cute nicknames to the idiot in the oval office.

But yes, viewing it all from the left it seems like a shit load of damage that should cause every voter to run in the opposite direction. If 2018 and 2020 put Dems back in control, then at least that's a silver lining to this administration. But boy, if the GOP keeps hanging on in spite of it all, that should be all anyone needs to see to know that this country is totally finished.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least one person did.

What a horrible person, am i right?

seeing her get eviscerated on the old board after she lost was horrifying. she killed him in all three debates and had a pretty detailed plan for jobs, healthcare, immigration and economy and yet everyone turned on her as if she was the worst candidate to every run for office.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GOP doesn't even try to help people who aren't rich. Of course things would go to hell (quicker) when they're in charge.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
At least one person did.

I'll take the current situation of maybe getting a DDD trifecta in 2020, but goddamn I wish I could go to sleep and wake up from the nightmare of this presidency.

Fuck everyone that didn't vote to prevent this. Like the tweet says, y'all knew what was on the ballot (or willfully ignored it)

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This won't do damage to the Republican Party.

The thing that's fascinating about the Republican Party is how they've convinced people to vote against their own interests. The GOP is all about helping the rich get richer, but they still rope in poor people and the poorest states. It's kind of incredible, if it wasn't so damaging.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
The GOP has become an insurgency against the government. It's amazing to me how they haven't done more damage then they already do, it's a testament to how truly incompetent they are.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
Exactly as title says. A year ago, the idea that the democrats had a shot at taking one or both houses of Congress was pretty farfetched, but now not so much. The GOP has done so much irreversible damage to their image, both from Trump and self-infliction, that the democrats not only stand a chance but everyone I talk to (who has even voted for Trump) now only see democratic candidates as their only option.

Are you too young to remember Dubya? Because it seems like this is going to be an issue Dems face every 8 years as the newest half-generation doesn't have a collective memory of the previous GOP monstrosity.

Oct 25, 2017
What a horrible person, am i right?

seeing her get eviscerated on the old board after she lost was horrifying. she killed him in all three debates and had a pretty detailed plan for jobs, healthcare, immigration and economy and yet everyone turned on her as if she was the worst candidate to every run for office.
And it was because she's a woman. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
I expected worse. Trump has been thankfully far more self destructive and inept at certain things than I feared. Plenty of time left to make up the difference...

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I remember the dread washing over me when I learned Trump won. I wanted to slap everyone who was saying stupid shit like "relax, nothing's going to change".

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Dark dark times that will go down in history. This is something we expect from Russia or something.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I didn't quite expect the diplomatic damage, but the policy and social damage, definitely. I'm also still anticipating the inevitable economic collapse, and I won't really be too surprised if there's a stupid war.

So, basically all I didn't expect was the President throwing Starbursts at allied world leaders.