• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julian

Oct 27, 2017

Has China been downplaying the numbers? I for one would be shocked!

According to the report, late on Saturday evening, Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker", showed confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

And while the number of cured cases was only 269, well below the official number that day of 300, most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.

edit: I had never heard of the site and was suggested it by a coworker. Apologies for signal boosting

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes dude, 25000 people have died of coronavirus in the last month and China has somehow kept it a secret using their UFO technology.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Tyler Durden wrote articles online.......

giphy.gif

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
you forgot the question mark in your post title.

and that should clue you in not to post this article.

Nov 9, 2017
I think its very possible they are deflating the numbers somewhat since it is very heavily impacting their economy at the moment and they are known liars. I seriously doubt there is any merit to this article, however.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way could that scale of death be kept a secret. If it was a) that fatal and b) that infectious - we'd have seen it in other countries now too. The evidence from other countries where 2019-nCoV cases have sprung up does not match.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i wouldn't be surprised if china was hiding their numbers

But man is zerohedge untrustworthy

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me but yeah I have no reason to believe that source

Pretty much this. I think, whilst this could be correct, the damage of spreading it around when it might not be is worse than the benefit of being informed if it is.

Therefore best not to post it unless/until there is more corroboration.

Status
Not open for further replies.