• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Sold : Watch Dogs Legion, the whole NPC shenanigan looks super interesting and ambitious. Also help that I learned that the game is handled by Far Cry 2 director (who apparently also goes against Ubi 'no politic' policy on twitter lol).

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It almost sold me on Astral Chain, but then I remembered that I've never played a PG-developed game that didn't make me go "Ah yeah this is good but also not really my sort of thing".

Tales of Arise is....close. I think I bought Graces F for really cheap in a PSN sale long ago so I think I'll probably try that out as a "giving Tales a second chance" thing if I ever decide to do that but Arise is tempting.

I'm not "unsold" on Avengers like a lot of people but I really need to wait and see on that one. Which I was probably going to do anyways.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Sold: Luigi's Mansion 3. I was wary after not liking the previous game, Dark Moon, but today's segment on Treehouse Live got me completely onboard.
As for CG reveals, I'm excited for GhostWire: Tokyo and No More Heroes 3.

Unsold: Contra: Rogue Corps and Battletoads, both had really poor reveals in my opinion.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Completely sold me on FF7R.
Kinda sold me on Cyberpunk 2077.

Unsold me on Astral Chain and definitely Avengers.

Oct 25, 2017
Sold:
Final Fantasy VII
Watch Dogs 3

Unsold:
Modern Warfare
Halo Infinite
Gears 5
Star Wars
Avengers

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sold me on Luigi's Mansion. That game looks genuinely great with a ton of environments and gameplay variety.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sold: Fire Emblem
I wasn't really jiving with the whole school theme but that time jump and dark-ish plot convinced me.

Half-sold: WD3
The NPC army concept is so damn cool especially with the tailored events and cutscenes, I want to get it just to see how in-depth it goes. Too bad it releases next to FF7, but it went from a "pass" to a "get it at some point."

Everything else was stuff I wanted that was sold even harder.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Unsold: FF7 remake, gonna wait til it's all released in 20 years time, screw buying each part at full price and waiting years to finish the story.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I will buy watchdogs legion. I will not buy avengers.

The rest remained the same for me.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Pretty much was sold on everything shown by Treehouse. Treehouse streams work some kind of hypno magic on games.

Never cared about that Avengers game but seeing it has negative sold me on it.

Keanu sold me on cyberpunk.

Ghost250

Mar 19, 2018
SOLD: Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel's Avengers, Star Wars: The Fallen Order

UNSOLD: WATCH_DOGS Legion, Luigi's Mansion 3

WATCH_DOGS Legion looks like garbage, sorry, but i'm not sorry.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sold (new announcements I'm really excited for, or games I had mixed feelings about before that I have now moved on to being sold on):
FF7 Remake
- it looks like FF7, but with more depth and intimacy added to moments that kind of breeze by in the original.
FF8 Remastered - my favourite FF, now with pretty graphics and updated for modern hardware.
Cyberpunk 2077 - I was umming and ahhing over this for a while, but generally I think this game looks amazing and putting Keanu Reeves in there just tips me over the edge. In fact, I just bought it on GOG, so hurrah for CDPR!
Breath of the Wild Sequel - Breath of the Wild was amazing, and this looks like they're doing that but with a stronger story focus, so I'm in.

Maybe (games I still haven't made my mind up on, but I'm open to seeing more before making a decision):
Animal Crossing
- I've never given AC games much of a chance, but as each one is announced I watch it curiously, wondering if I should jump in.
Zelda: Links Awakening - Still not too sure on the art style, but Links Awakening itself is a good game and I'm sure this is good too!
Doom Eternal - I need to finish Doom first, but I thought that game was a tad too long for what it was. I don't like buying sequels of games I never finished.
Gears 5 - I'll probably get it because it's on Game Pass for PC, but what they showed didn't catch my interest in a way that last year's reveal did.
Super Mario Maker - Still undecided on this one. The good news about online play has tipped me closer to buy, but I'm pretty much holding off until I know how much money I need to set aside for other games first.
Astral Chain - I love Platinum Games, but something about this just rubs me the wrong way.
Luigi's Mansion 2 - This was in my "do not buy" list before, but it actually looks kind of fun. Pretty much in the same place as Mario Maker; once I know how much money I want to spend on other games, I may consider this.
Ghostwire Tokyo - I'm always in for Tango Gameworks, but I need to see more before I buy.

Unsold (as in, games I was excited for until E3, and now I'm not - not gonna bother listing a bunch of newly announced games that I don't care for):
Shenmue III
- the EGS deal soured me as a backer, but I was in for both PS4 and PC, so I'd just play it on console. What really soured me in the end is the gameplay videos. There's "looking like Shenmue" which had a certain charm to it, and there's looking like a cheap piece of shit, which is where Shenmue III is at right now.
Untitled Goose Game - I really wanted this game, now I don't. EGS strikes again!
Jedi: Fallen Order - It looks kinda bland, to be honest. I was excited for a single player Star Wars game, but this just looks a bit ho hum to be honest.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
The destiny-like Avengers game. I didn't follow anything surrounding the game, but this type is just not for me. It is what it is.

Oh and watchdogs 3. Seems to go more towards gunplay, and that sucked ass in 2.

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
Unsold:

FF7 Remake: not interested in being sold a game piecemeal.

Watch Dogs 3: was hoping the jokey tone would go away this time, it has not.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
The Watch Dogs 3 preview took me from "Watch Dogs is rubbish" to "Watch dogs is maybe not rubbish?"

It's Ubisoft though, so they'll likely find some way to disappoint.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
E3 sold me on Cyberpunk even more and made me super interested in Watch Dogs 3. Can't wait to hack shit as a grandma.. that stuff looked so goofy and fun.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Sold: Watch Dogs 3 - Clint Hocking, post apocalyptic Brexit wasteland setting, and seemingly procedural storytelling are all a big win in my book

Unsold: Griftlands - it's now a roguelike deck builder? Not my kinda thing

Still sceptical: Avengers - seriously what is this game supposed to be?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
DragonBall Z Kakarot - Want me some DBZ RPG
PC Game Pass - Who isn't
Cyberpunk 2077 - Looks amazing
FFVII Remake - Looks great.
Watch_dogs Legion - Love the concept
Doom Eternal - Its Doom but more
Wolfenstein - Its Wolfenstein but more
Dying Light 2 - Zombies shown during the day SOLD
Marvels Ultimate Alliance 3 - The Avengers looked so bad this is now on my buy list.

Unsold:
Avengers - Looked so bad it sold me on MUA3
Battletoads - Dont like the art style
Star Wars - Looked incredibly uninspired and boring
Shenmue - EGS+ Already looking shit put it in the bucket for me.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Moreso, Cyberpunk (but that seemed inevitable as they show more stuff).

Didn't get into 1 or 2, but WD3 is at least interesting fot me to consider.

Otherwise, Game Pass.

In terms of no opinion/no change, FF7, but I wasn' the hugest fan of the original and I've since fallen off the FF wagon. The hybrid system does seem neat, but I'm still wait-and-see.

I wasn't really unsold on anything. Everything else is pretty much wait-and-see. Just because I'm hyped doesn't mean I'm shunning it forever.

Maybe Switch? I knew we weren't getting new hardware, and Panzer and Mana are cool, but if I ignored Octopath and Mario (and played BOTW on wii U), these didn't really sell me. Looking like I'm going to be a very late adopter of the Switch.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Sold: Majoras Mask 2 : Breath of the wild boogaloo .

Unsold: Gears 5.....I'm not sure where to begin here

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sold : FF7R
Unsold : Avengers
Confused : gears 5 no SP gameplay 3 months before launch

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Sold:

WD: Legion. I was skeptical due to the leaks, but in action...... easily the best game of the show for me.

Unsold:

Gears 5, absolutely mind boggling showing. The trailer was cringeworthy, and showing off some pre-rendered cinematic trailer for a new pve mode instead of a few minutes of campaign gameplay.... just staggeringly stupid.

Avengers. I mean god damn, this just looks like the most bland, uninspired thing ever. I know we haven't seen any gameplay from it, but just the way the characters look, and the tone.... Maybe I'll change my mind when they show gameplay but this was a complete hype killer.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not completely sold but I'm more interested in Luigi's Mansion 3.
Same. Otherwise... I'm pretty much where I was with everything else (was always going to buy the new Tales, FF7R, etc).

Maybe unsold on Avengers? I'm not sure I ever was since I don't like the Tomb Raider games Crystal Dynamics has made.
Sold:
DragonBall Z Kakarot - Want me some DBZ RPG
PC Game Pass - Who isn't
Cyberpunk 2077 - Looks amazing
FFVII Remake - Looks great.
Watch_dogs Legion - Love the concept
Doom Eternal - Its Doom but more
Wolfenstein - Its Wolfenstein but more
Dying Light 2 - Zombies shown during the day SOLD
Marvels Ultimate Alliance 3 - The Avengers looked so bad this is now on my buy list.

Unsold:
Avengers - Looked so bad it sold me on MUA3
Battletoads - Dont like the art style
Star Wars - Looked incredibly uninspired and boring
Shenmue - EGS+ Already looking shit put it in the bucket for me.
Oh, forgot about that. Completely unsold.

Last edited:

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Sold:
WatchDogs (biggest Surprise)
Astral Chain
Zelda (both)
GamePass (for $1)
Wolfwnstein
Marvel (Switch)
DOOM
Luigi's Mansion
No More Heroes 3
Animal Crossing
Outer Worlds
CyberPunk
New Dark Souls+LOTR+RRMartin_like

Maybe Fallout 76?

Unsold:
Stadia
Demon ex machina
Jedi Fallen Order
FIFA (again)

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm now sold on Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Watch Dogs: Legion due to Uplay+. I would have probably waited for Breakpoint to hit $20 and maybe picked up Legion at full price (if not, probably at $40ish) before, but I'm just gonna buy a month of Uplay+ when these games release

I might be now sold on Luigi's Mansion 3. I liked what I saw, but the lack of a specific date makes me think it'll be delayed, and if it gets delayed to the hectic Q1 2020 I'll probably pass on it at launch

Possibly unsold: Avengers, but I need to see real gameplay and read in-depth impressions before I make up my mind

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I got sold on so much stuff it's hard to keep track of. Steam wishlist has been a blessing, this is just from the KF games showcase:

5fgkWa3.png

Gonna be harder to keep track of the console stuff though.

Only really unsold on Daemon X Machina. I played the janky demo and that trailer at the Nintendo Direct didn't look like much has changed.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Unsold me on Pokemon Sword and Shield. I'll wait for the third version, with all the Pokemon in it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I had written off FF7 remake off before they showed us gameplay (not a fan of real time jrpg). Now I'm 100% on board

Aug 22, 2018
Sold: Luigi's Mansion 3, WD Legion, Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, Astral Chain, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Animal Crossing (close friend really wants to play this in co op), and Link's Awakening.

I feel like this is kinda cheating since most of my sold is games I was already interested in so count it as doubling my hype

CG trailers that got me interested: Deathloop, Ghostwire, Halo Infinite, NMH3 (hell yeahhhh), and BOTW2.

Unsold: Gears 5, Avengers, and Fallen Jedi.

They way MS presented Gears just have me feeling ehhhh about it, and same with Avengers which I was really looking forward to seeing. With Fallen Jedi it just made me feel underwhelmed, and there's way too many games coming out in the same timeframe I'm way more interested in.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dogs 3 is mine.

That is all. No idea what Cyberpunk is going to be like, Vampire Masquerade might be worst than I expected, and I'm already playing a game the seem better so far (Deus Ex Mankind Divided).

Speaking of Deus Ex, Avengers undersold me in parts, but I really need to see gameplay first. So few starting characters.

I won't be sold on Final Fantasy 7 Remake no matter how good the gameplay looks until the complete story is done. Hopefully it finishes before Earth dies, or the project is abandoned.

Deleted member 36037

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I was sold on a ton of games but as for previously announced AAA games I'd say these four games are the ones that either exceeded or let down my expectations:

Sold: Avengers and Cyberpunk. Not a big Marvel fan but it looked like it would offer way more of a single-player experience than I had anticipated. Cyberpunk made me want to finally play Witcher 3.

Unsold: Watch Dogs 3 and Halo Infinite. Really preferred the light-hearted fun tone of WD2 over this dark and edgy doom and gloom scenario. Might just as well have brought back Aiden Pierce as a leader of the resistance. For Halo, I was really hoping that it would be a sort of reboot for me to be able to jump in but instead it looks like they'll continue with their 20 year long existing universe and story. Both will probably still be fun and good games that I one day play but they're hardly day one locks anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
How did that unsell you from Halo? It looked awesome.
Nope,
Overly dramatic is not the direction I want Halo to continue pushing.
Also didn't need a Cortana scene in such a small showing to remind me how bad 5 was.

Last year's teaser had fresh/CE vibes, this just looked like more 5
Music and aesthetic are the only elements doing it for me.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch_Dogs 3 sounds cool, I yet have to play 2 so I didn't know if I was interested or not. Can't say it sold me yet but I'm intrigued.

The Outer Worlds looked clunkier at the last showing, it felt pretty good this time around. Given it's on the Pass I'll play it regardless, but my interest increased a lot.

The Star Wars game is not something I'll pick up full price, but it looks action-packed and spectacular enough to warrant a playthrough down the line. I'm in.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Sold
Watch Dogs Legion. Really a surprise as the first two did nothing for me. The premise of this one sounds amazing. Grandma crew hype!
FFVII Remake. Looks great, and it seems they are making thoughtful gameplay decisions.

Unsold
Marvel's Avengers. Just awful.
Star Wars. Looked boring.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Sold:

Luigi's Mansion 3 - I thought Dark Moon was OK, and hearing that NLG was developing this was concerning. But they addressed this in feedback that they took the critique of that game to heart and designed this game to address those elements. Plus the game is really gorgeous and charming.

Daemon X Machina - I was interested before, but still wary after the demo impressions. But they also released a statement about the changes and fixes they have implemented because of the demo feedback, and the performance looked faster in the trailers and gameplay.

Final Fantasy 7 R - I wasn't too sure about this, I mean I knew it'd look visually but wasn't sure about the gameplay or direction. The walkthrough of the gameplay and the amazing remake of the First Boss Battle really sold me.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - It could go away after gameplay reveal, but I love the aesthetic and design set by Ikumi Nakamura in modern realistic (not anime) Tokyo with so much Japanese spirit/ayakashi influences in the paranormal elements

Trials of Mana - After the surprise that this even existed, I was sold just for how much better it looks than the previous Secret of Mana remake and how true they've stuck with the character art and designs. I just hope the music is better composed and produced than the first remake's was.

Unsold:

Elden Ring - I mean it's not really fair since it was just revealed. But there's nothing there yet to really sell me (and I had to pick something I was interested in for this category)

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Sold:
Evil Genius 2 - If it holds a candle to 1 I'll love this game
Planet Zoo - Been waiting for something that can live up to Zoo Tycoon 2 for way too long, hoping this is it.
Empire of Sin - Gangster XCOM? Yes please

Maybe Sold if more info:
Watchdogs Legion
Cyberpunk 2077

Unsold:
State of Decay 2 Heartlands - This game needed expansions that *expand* on the basegame, not DLC that just creates side minigames. None of their DLC have convinced me to come back to the game.

Last edited:

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Unsold: Watch Dogs Legion

Super impressive from a technical standpoint, but this franchise is heading in a direction I don't want it to go. All the wacky over the top stuff is just bad.