• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Sold:
FF7:Remake
Elden Ring
Baldur's Gate 3
Ori:2
Cyberpunk 2077
Cris Tales

Unsold:
Shenmue 3
DragonBall Z Kakarot

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I bought the first two Watch Dogs day one and enjoyed both, but not too happy with the direction of 3 from everything I've heard and read. Will probably wait a while after launch for when it is cheaper.

Oct 28, 2017
I've thawed a bunch on Cyber punk 2077 due to the shit dialogue writing and editting, but it could be that they picked a poor scene to show off. New tales is a strong buy!

Restored

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: Links Awakening, Doom

Unsold: FF7 (I thought maybe two episodes, but this looks like its gonna be a mess and at least 3 full priced games)

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't sell me on anything I wasn't already interested in, but I'll be passing on the FF7 Remake for sure after what was shown and Fallen Order has now went from "cautiously optimistic" to "will wait for reviews".

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing has changed,but Watch Dogs Legion (game of E3 with Final Fantasy VII Remake) almost sold to me,has my attention now.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it was the best actual trailer, but the whole push behind Cyberpunk and the appearance of Keanu made me think it's a big deal. I'm actively stoked for it.

I feel like we got the best revival of FFVII alongside something that almost feels like FFVII for a new generation (both being cyberpunk RPGs, albeit incredibly different in intent).

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Majority of the Nintendo game I was going to buy anyway so I did not need to be sold on them.

Sold on - FF7 remake, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Watch Dog Legion (Watch Dog truly sold me on the game because I was not interested in it at all by this game but now I'm definitely getting it)

Not sold - Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077 (I originally was not going to put Cyberpunk here because I literally learned nothing about the game to make me land either way, but after learning about the potentially bad minority representation in the game I'm now not sold on it, even if it has Keanu Reeves)

Last edited:

Deleted member 56773

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2019
E3 can be pretty hype but it can also deflate that hype leaving an empty hype balloon. Some games I was sold on by their presentations and others made me unsure about games I was once excited for so...

Sold: Watch Dogs 3. The premise is just fantastic and I'm really interested in collecting all my wokemon.

Unsold: Gears 5, Theres too much competition in the co-op space and the trailer just made me very blah on it. Just seems very by the numbers.

sold:
- luigis mansion 3 looks better than i expected
- astral chain looked a lot more varied/better
- daemon x machina looked better too which i found disappointing from the demo.
- FFVIIR looks better and better the more they show, definitely lets me hope its good.
- Tales of Arise looks...shockingly good for a Tales game heh.
- Doom Eternal - the art direction on these new Doom games is incredible. Graphics mean nothing without art direction.

not sold:
- cyberpunk 2077 continues to look bland and generic and I still dont know why people are into it. The only cool part seems like the hacking stuff but it also looks very confusing to look at
- witcher 3 on switch....i....just dont know how they're gonna pull that off. I could care less about graphics and such, but when a game is made to look a certain way, and can't be supported, it doesn't look good. I recently tried MK11 on switch for a couple days and jesus it was absolutely horrendous. It's like kinda embarrassing that game is on Switch.
- square enix avengers. I'm just not really sure what's goin on with that game or how it's played or anything other than CG cut scene nonsense.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand being unsold on FF7 Remake due to the gameplay, but I'm surprised so many people are unsold on it due to the amount of future episodes.

They've confirmed that the first part will be a "full game" of its own, way beyond a 1:1 remake of the Midgar sections of the original FF7. They're framing each part of the remake as its own game, basically. So in my mind, being unsold by that is like saying you're unsold on the first game of every series because you know there will sequels. I.e. why buy Uncharted when you know there's going to be Uncharted 2-4.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Well I have Gamepass Ultimate for two years and basically half of the Xbox briefing games are launching on the service so I'll be playing all of em.

OP
OP
Kyra

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah....
Plus, I've always adored Watch_Dogs.
UntimelyHilariousAfricanharrierhawk.gif

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was on the fence about Cyberpunk but I'm completely out now (see the various discussion threads). I don't think I'm going to be getting Pokemon Home unless it's, like, free with Switch Online or something given that they've implied it will be effectively worthless.

I'm sold on Luigi's Mansion. That looks a lot of fun. I was never not going to get the new Pokemon either, but the wife and I will probably have to debate which of the two entries to pick up.

I'm still on the fence about putting money down for Shenmue III and Watch Dogs

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
SELL

- FF7 Remake: This was always going to be a slam dunk day 1, but damn if that expert-level presentation and re-reveal not just solidify that purchase in the best way possible. Midgar was always the best part of that game for me, so I'm THRILLED to see it expanded upon and for the game's combat to get modernized in just the right way.
- Trials of Mana: Ask me 3 days ago if I would have cared about a remake of a Mana game. Ask me again today. Totally different answer. Trials of Mana (the remake) looks staggeringly beautiful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7KXJOYWCYw
- Doom Eternal: I haven't even played Doom yet (I know, I gotta get on that), but that frantic, frenetic one-level demo from Bethesda's conference was so fucking wild and crazy and I knew I had to have it asap. Definitely had me screaming "straight into my veins". You know. A rational response!
- Avengers: I needed to see third-person action at the highest visual calibre, the confirmation of being able to play as the Avengers themselves, the promise of an expanded roster and story over time (totally fine with the GAAS model for this game; I think it makes the best business/commercial sense) -- got all 3. Am sold. The designs are fugly, but I'll get over it.

MAYBE UNSELL

- Pokemon Sword/Shield: I'm rubbed the wrong way by the loss of Home/transfer support from previous games. Such a shitty decision. I'm probably still going to be day 1, but it really sours things for me.
- Cyberpunk 2077: I'm not turned off by the controversies, and applaud how they handled the latest one. I'm just wary of the impressions that the gunplay doesn't feel precise and fun, in the same way that Witcher 3 combat felt floaty and unsatisfying. The rest of the game can be fantastic, but if it's messy to play from moment-to-moment, I might be out.

UNSELL

- Watch Dogs: Legion: I was iffy anyway (not having been a WD/WD2 fan to begin with), and while I applaud the unique hook of Legion and what a paradigm shift it is for this kind of game and the series, it's not for me. I'm all about playing as a significant character, so NPC recruits and make-my-own-story isn't appealing to me. Unfortunately, it was a nail in the coffin for me.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Sold:
FF7:R
Watch Dogs Legion
Doom Eternal
Cyberpunk 2077
SW Jedi Fallen Order

Unsold:
Marvel's Avengers

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unsold:

Gears 5: I don't the sense that XBOX has confidence in that game. And I know people will jump on that but that is the vibe I got from the botched showing of the game.

Shenmue 3:
I honestly don't know what that game is after watching the latest gameplay vid.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Lot of stuff that I'm buying or not buying, but these are the ones that my opinion was changed on.

Sold: Watch Dogs Legion, Telling Lies

Unsold: Pokemon Sword/Shield, Marvel's Avengers, Final Fantasy VII Remake

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold : Final Fantasy 7R (was on the fence), Watch Dog Legions (Had no interest now I can't wait)

Unsold: Gears 5 (looked horrible visually imo) and Marvels Avengers (GAAS and looked janky, I'll pass for now)

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
E3 made me more hesitant on Pokemon Sword and Shield thanks to the whole debacle regarding what Pokemon you can and can't transfer. I have Pokemon in Gen 6 that I spent a ton of time on and I want to be able to transfer all of them. I'll probably still buy it in the end because Pokemon is basically a social event for my group of friends, but I don't see myself buying it right away.

I'm more interested in Luigi's Mansion 3 now that we know it ditches the mission structure from Dark Moon (that was the only thing making me hesitant about buying it). I'll likely end up grabbing it since I did enjoy the original.

I was pretty much already decided on everything else that I wanted before the show (Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, and DOOM Eternal), though E3 sold me harder on them.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: Watch Dogs 3. It doesn't mean day one, since there are way too many games to play.

Unsold: Avengers. I might change my mind, but in the current state I don't know it is worth my time, even if cheaper than lunch.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
I'm sold on the FFVII Remake, watching Cloud and Barret banter through the demo, and new twists to familiar enemies, gives me reason to go back one more time.

subtropisch

Jun 23, 2018
Sold on: FF7 Remake. While I am still skeptical on whether the full project will be good (or even finished at all) the first game looks amazing IMO. I can't wait to play it in March. Also, Link's Awakening. I think I had to get used to the art style, but I love how it looks now. September can't come soon enough.

Unsold on: Pokémon Sword and Shield. The more I've been thinking about it the less I am willing to accept different standards for Pokémon than for other games and the level of quality Game Freak delivers is just simply not worthy of the $60 price tag. If they at least didn't always actively remove improvements in favor of stupid new things.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Sold:
Luigi's Mansion 3 --- the gameplay addition looks so amazing and creative
FF7 Remake --- they really put alot of thought into this, I'm excited.

Unsold:
Vampire Masquerade 2 --- god that demo on IGN look super rough.
Watch Dogs Legion --- really...? playing as any NPC? didn't Agents Of Mayhem just did that? aside from maybe having one short introduction mission for the NPC, it's just going to be one of those samey game again.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big fat L for triple A big named games. Big win for Nintendo this year for me.

Unsold:
Star Wars
Avengers
Gears 5

Sold:
Luigi's Mansion 3
Links Awakening
Marvels Ultimate Alliance
Pokémon
FF7 Remake

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Sold:

FF7R - really like the aesthetics and combat.

Need to know more:

MFS - need to know how Microsoft is handling systems integration and mods(realism > graphics) ,
Astral Chain - nice theme and combat, don't like how it looks.

Will pick up but wait for sale:

WD3, as usual for an Ubisoft game.

Won't be picking up anything else until we get more info for games like Elden Ring.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Sold : Marvel Ultimate Alliance & Astral Chain.
Got my interest : Watchdog, Trials of Mana
Unsold : Marvel's Avenger ( would need a redesign of the characters among other things ), Star Wars.
Made me want a refund : Shenmue 3.

Apr 21, 2018
Sold on Astral Chain. It looks incredibly unique and ambitious and awesome. It's practically a quasi-open world futuristic adventure. The action looks insane. Performance is wonderful. Detective elements actually look well done. It might be PGs most varied and ambitious game.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I wouldn't say sold yet, but I'm intrigued by WatchDogs Legion for sure. And FF7 Remake didn't interest me much before, but that looked really good as well!

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to play as an old lady kind of sold me on Watch Dogs Legion, a series I've never been in to. And I'd buy it at launch for sure if it was a fall 2019 release, but next year is looking packed and I'll probably wait to pick it up on sale.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
sold: watch dogs legion (old lady squad on camden mkt!) and the outer worlds
there are other games, like FF7 and Astral Chain, that I'm now with a better opinion on them, but they were already on my buy list.

Unsold: battletoads (the artstyle didn't work for me), Grandia HD collection (just a psx port? just no) and doom eternal (I really enjoyed doom 2016, but this looked too much like a expansion to me)

Obviously Cyberpunk in the sense that it went from pre-order to wait and see given what it shown. I still have interest in it cause of it themes and are willing to response to the criticism but something to keep an eye out.

Watch Dogs Legion got me interested with it theme despite Ubisoft bs on politics.
Astral Chain - Oh snap. Seeing it in action gave a better impression.