• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
E3 can be pretty hype but it can also deflate that hype leaving an empty hype balloon. Some games I was sold on by their presentations and others made me unsure about games I was once excited for so...

Sold: Watch Dogs 3. The premise is just fantastic and I'm really interested in collecting all my wokemon.

Unsold: Gears 5, Theres too much competition in the co-op space and the trailer just made me very blah on it. Just seems very by the numbers.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077: Keanu Reeves? YES I AM IN PREORDERED

Watch Dogs 3: i don't wanna be random NPCs, game looks more grimdark (aka Wd1) and not goofy (WD2) not gonna buy at launch but check it out 6-12 months later

Outer World: looks really cool, i'm in

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: looks really fun, i'm in. Preordered with the $100 voucher thing (other game was mario maker 2)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I went through a bit of a roller coaster with Watch Dogs 3. I was pumped for it because WD2 was incredible, but the leaks of the NPC thing made me really skeptical, but seeing how it works made me even more excited than I thought I could be.

Also, the Treehouse demo of Astral Chain sold me on that game, it looks awesome. And while I was always going to buy it, Ultimate Alliance 3 continues to look better and better

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 and Watch Dogs 3. Was super skeptical on how both would turn out but now I'm pretty in for both.

Nov 3, 2017
Sold: Watch Dogs 3, Fire Emblem: TH (although I was already sold on this since the Feb Direct), Elden Ring (just the premise of it is enough for me), Luigi's Mansion 3 (such a flattering trailer and gameplay reveal for the game)

Unsold: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I was already sold on Fire Emblem, but the new trailer made sold me way harder.

Also sold on FF7R, Astral Chain & Daemon x Machina.

Unsold on Pokemon Sword & Shield, sadly. It was starting to actually look really good, but the restriction on what Pokemon you can transfer over is too tough to swallow.

Oct 25, 2017
Sold me:

Watch Dogs: Most impressive game of show to me
FF7 Remake: Combat looks good

Unsold me:

Avengers: The game sounds like it on rails from some of the previews, and what Square showed wasn't interesting at all

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
No. But I'm starting to think FF7R is actually going to be good (I was going to buy it regardless).

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
PKMN S&S has my interest now
its not cramped like the 3ds 3d pkmn games anymore.
maybe this'll be the dream pkmn game

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Sold: Mario Maker2, Zelda LA remake, DooM eternal, Witcher III, Cyberpunk

Unsold: Marvel games, Animal Crossing, Luigi Mansion 3, most Square-Enix games

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks great, Avengers the $100 million game looks generic.

Something about that amuses me.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Star Wars Fallen Order looked a lot better than i would have thought. Didn't really look like an EA-game.

Shen Mue 3 man.. it looks so far behind modern games like Yakuza that it almost looks cartoony. Graphics isn't everything but that production value is probably gonna show in other ways too. Might not hurry my replay of SM 1 and 2...

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not completely sold but I'm more interested in Luigi's Mansion 3.
Unsold on Pokemon.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll likely get Watch Doges but maybe a year or so after launch when I have a more potent PC

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Sold me on Wolfenstein: Youngblood, was already interested in FFVII:R but much more positive about the combat now.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers didn't unsell me, there's plenty of time for them to show more and I know I'll end up buying it. But it was the most disappointing reveal, it went beyond showing nothing and left me actively confused as to what the game was. It definitely came closest to damaging my opinion of the game, even if it didn't quite get there.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Sold on - FF7 remake, Doom

Not sold on but interested - Cyberpunk, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Elden Ring

Kinda put off or at least relegated to wait for sale - Star Wars

Just way too much CGI trailers and no gameplay basically.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I think they sold me on Astral Chain for sure. Looked great. Oh, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Never played a Luigi's Mansion before.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Unsold: FF7
0 chance I'm buying this when even the producer has no idea when the whole project will be completed.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sold: Luigi's Mansion 3, Just looks super clean now and saw pretty much exactly what I wanted to see in it, and Watch Dogs Legion, Far surpassed my expectations for the game, seems super ambitious.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I was already sold on CyberPunk but I'm hype af now after that Keanu Reveal.

I was cautiously optimistic on FF7 pre E3 but after Sqaures conference I'm absolutely sold. I was worried about how they would implement the battle system and what they showed looked great. All the characters are looking awesome and Midgar looks really moody. I'm really looking forward to this remake.

Totally unsold on Avengers. Has none of the charm of the movies and they didn't show any game play.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sold me on watch dogs heavily as well as luigis mansion

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Sold:
Astral Chain
Watch Dogs Legion
FFVII Remake
Luigi's Mansion 3

Unsold:
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Marvel's Avengers

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I was hyped for the idea of Final Fantasy VII Remake, but it wasn't until the extended gameplay preview that I felt sure it's going to be exactly what I want. The combat system looks just right, and it almost goes without saying, but the graphical style is a 10/10. The characters, environments, and effects are so appealing.

Likewise for Astral Chain. While any Platinum action title is a day one purchase for me, the Nier Automata and Metal Gear Rising influence that was apparent in the gameplay demo shot my enthusiasm through the roof. The attack animations and combat mechanics are 100% on point, per Platinum's usual, and little things like the long list of tutorials and the synergistic stuns and attacks with your character and your mech dude speak to the depth and solid design principles I've come to expect from one of my favorite developers.

I'm so glad a developer like Platinum is still making top-of-the-line pure action games with novel twists. The stylish action genre probably would have died if it weren't for Platinum and Capcom.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: FFVII Remake. I have no particular love for the original, and everything I'd seen from the remake just reminded me of FFXV (which I really didn't enjoy at all). But God, that demo Square showed off fucking shredded, and I got swept up into the hype right alongside the live audience that were losing their minds.

Unsold: I don't know if Avengers really counts, because we hadn't seen anything from the game beforehand, and since they didn't have any gameplay to show we still haven't. But I was hoping for something different all the same. What they showed just looks like a high-budget but still low-rent version of the MCU movies, aping all the visual style but with pale imitations of the characters we're all familiar with. I feel like they should either have gone further away from the MCU, with a different team lineup, or just leaned into it and made an MCU game. This just feels like a halfway point without the strengths of either choice.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sold:
-Luigi's Mansion 3. Confirmation of co-op makes it an instant buy, plus the single-player looks interesting.
-Mario Maker 2, at least as soon as that online co-op with friends patch comes.

Unsold:
-Possibly Pokemon Sword and Shield. Still haven't 100% decided, but not being able to use any Pokemon I want seriously deflated my hype.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Unsold:
Griftlands

Sold:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Cris Tales
Romancing SaGa

Almost Sold:
Watch Dogs Legion
Wolfenstein Youngblood

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Watch Dogs Legion will be any fun to play, but I honestly really want to see how their "recruit anyone" system works in terms of narrative and gameplay.

I couldn't be bothered to to play more than a few hours of Watch Dogs 1 and I just completely skipped Watch Dogs 2, so I guess that is something of an upgrade.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I highly doubted FF7R and that gameplay totally put me on board.

I've enjoyed Watch Dogs since the first game but didn't think the third would look so damn good.

I knew Luigi's Mansion would be solid in the end but that showing really blew me away.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, maybe Minecraft: Dungeons. I'm not really interested in Minecraft in general, but it looked interesting.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: Doom Eternal. I doubted they could do anything but a straight up sequel. Seems like they managed to add some meaningful features to core gameplay loop.

Unsold: Watch Dogs. The first two games were so-so, not nearly good enough to spend time with. The third one doesn't seem to change that in any way. Incidentally also unsold: Ubisoft game pass. They have almost nothing interesting coming.

Avengers. What little the presentation managed to tell me was this: it will be another Anthem. The license will be enough to keep a lot of people interested but that's not enough for me, there's way too many quality games to spend time with a (supposedly) mediocre monetized GAAS license game. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
E3 pretty much killed FFVII Remake for me by making it clear how fucking long and costly it's going to be to finish that game's story. Square Enix is either going to go bankrupt before it's over or it's going to cost $200 just to see the damn ending.

Nothing was really sold for me either. This E3 was shit.