• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Sold:
DQXIs
Panzer Dragoon

Unsold:
Pokemon (the decision to arbitrarily remove certain mons made me go from a maybe buy to hell no)

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
Sold:
FF7 (at least the first "game")
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Death Stranding

Unsold:
Avengers
Watch Dogs Legion

Could have been sold on a few more, but a CGI trailer does not sell me a game, maybe a movie, but not a game.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sold on Watch Dogs Legion (just hope they can pull it of). And while I was skeptic about FFVII remake, I'm opening up all my veins for direct injection now. That battle system looks absolutely ace as a marriage of old and new. Just hope they have Japanese dubs too, as I'm not sure if I can handle the voice acting.

Not so sure about Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (though still intending to play it) and Avengers (which just didn't get the reveal I anticipated. Not many questions answered)

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
E3 surprisingly unsold me on Watch_Dogs 3. I was really really hyped about it before hand, because I loved how goofy fun the characters and story were in 2. But for the kind of gameplay they are promising in Watch_Dogs 3 I don't see how it can be anything but incredibly shallow. If you can be anyone, how can there be considered writing or character design. Meh I mostly play games for their stories and experiencing being the character. I don't really care about playing as Old_Lady_B.chr or whatever.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
E3 didn't change my mind too much on games I was already interested in (FFVII, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening etc), but some games did get my attention, for better or worse!

Sold:
Luigi's Mansion 3 (gameplay), Astral Chain (amazing gameplay, customizable protagonist) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses (time skip and a darker tone, yes please).

Unsold:
Marvel's Avengers. (The character models are terrifying.)

Not sure:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (the gameplay didn't have the punch that I was expecting, so I'll wait to see how it reviews and impressions from players on release).

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sold: FF7, Luigi's Mansion 3, Panzer Dragoon and Trials of Mana.

Unsold: Marvel's Avengers, Ultimate Alliance 3 and Watch Dogs Legion.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't really sold on anything. Games like Cyberpunk and Doom I was going to buy regardless of whether they even appeared at E3. Gears and Halo are on game pass so no need to sell me on those.

FF7 is nice but it might be completed in about a decade. Hard to be sold on that.

Avengers is something I thought I'd be into given property and developer. Showing fell flat and I'd now need a lot of convincing to pick it up.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Shen Mue 3 man.. it looks so far behind modern games like Yakuza that it almost looks cartoony. Graphics isn't everything but that production value is probably gonna show in other ways too. Might not hurry my replay of SM 1 and 2...
As a Shenmue fan, I'm just wondering what they showed that doesn't make it a true to itself Shenmue game that has been modernised significantly? It's a AA game through and through so I'm left scratching my head as to what fans were expecting other than a significantly modernised Shenmue game.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold on Luigi's Mansion 3. The hotel setting works for me. There's something about the verticality of the map that resonates with me. It's like an old 2d game.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sold : FFVII, Watchdogs, Star Wars

Unsold : Avengers. Probably not for good but I don't like the sound/look of it.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a bunch of Nintendo series I've never played before that I'm now excited to try out. Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem mainly. I also went from simply curious to completely sold on Astral Chains, that game looks awesome. Same thing happened for Watch Dogs Legions. I was pretty sceptic going in but the presentation won me over.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CGI doesn't really sell me on games, so mostly no. I was on the fence about the Zelda game coming out in September but gameplay has convinced me.

Jun 17, 2018
Definitely sold on the following:

Fallen Order (Tomb raider with some souls-lite combat!)
Doom
Witcher 3 (Switch)

I also signed up to games pass so Gears, outer wilds and a few others are on my to play list.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sold on WD Legion, Forza Speed Champions (that LEGO dlc) Astral Chain and Animal Crossing but very much 'unsold' on the Avengers game and Jedi Fallen Order. If it wasn't for Respawn Entertainment I wouldn't even entertain the idea of checking out a Star Wars game. Still hoping they can bring me around on that.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Once they slowed down time, FFVIIr nearly lost me. I'm still side-eyeing it. People have been telling me there's workarounds for this in the form of shortcuts but I'm not convinced. We'll see if shortcuts are 100% viable in the lategame.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: BOTW2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Cyberpunk, FFVIIR and Doom.

Unsold: Everything else, but especially Shenmue III, Star Wars, Gears, and Watch Dogs.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
EA gameplay video made me a little worried about Jedi: Fallen Order. I got excited again once I saw the Xbox preview trailer. I'm sold.

I was very skeptical about Watch Dogs Legion but now I know I will buy it no matter what. Maybe not day one, but in the first months.

Unsold on Gears 5. Seems... not for me.

I thought the Nintendo Direct was very disappointing. Where are the first party games? I am too old to care about Pokemon or Animal Crossing. I am there on day one for Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening and Mario Maker 2 but I was hoping for more excitement this year, or news about a reworking of the online service with SNES games. Basically I am unsold on Nintendo in general at the moment. It's good to have a PC.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Unsold on Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Online only was bad enough, but all the gameplay demos look extremely rough for a game coming out so soon. It really seems like another unfinished GaaS that won't be worth playing until long after launch.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Loved WatchDogs, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda LA, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Cyberpunk.
Will keep an eye on some other games like StarWars, FF7. Haven't seen everything yet though.

HavakPkmn

Feb 13, 2019
Manchester
I'm not sure I'd go as far to say that e3 made up my mind on some games, but ones that increased and decreased my hype are:

Sold: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Pokémon (I was always getting these games, but I want them even more now)

Unsold: Daemon X Machina, Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Marvel UA3 just looks super fun, I'll really enjoy some couch co-op with friends on this. It's a bit wild, but also rather unique and for seemingly a far lower budget game it looks so much more enjoyable than the Avengers Project! Astral Chain pretty much replaced Daemon X Machina for me once I saw it the first time and the treehouse footage has me more intrigued. It looks brilliant. Pokémon has impressed me more and more as the Wild Area is outstanding, the fact that even post-game won't include all of the Pokémon isn't as much of a deal breaker for me as everyone else seems to feel it is. Maybe they'll patch them in later down the line or the next games will include them all - I'm OK with that.

Daemon X Machina's demo completely put me off something that I was certain I'd want. The footage in the Direct looked like nothing had changed and the treehouse stuff showcasing improvements didn't seem like that big of a change to me. I think this game should have been delayed until 2020 with more time put into overhauling the combat, but I'm pretty much unsold on ever getting this now. Animal Crossing has made me less interested but it'll still be a purchase for me because I always get them. The whole island thing makes me think 'Pocket Camp' and 'Spin Off' - and I hate that. I'm hopeful that the point of what they showed us with this is that the island part is more of a pre-house kind of story. You have to play through this tent mode for a while until we get to the real part of the game, but we'll have to wait and see. I expect a September Direct or something dedicated to Animal Crossing giving us a lot more information, but from what we saw it seems more scaled back and enhanced compare to previous AC games.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unsold on Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Online only was bad enough, but all the gameplay demos look extremely rough for a game coming out so soon. It really seems like another unfinished GaaS that won't be worth playing until long after launch.
Oh right forgot about Breakpoint. Yeah totally dehyped for that now. It's a right mess in its current state and while I don't mind the focus on more 'realistic' mechanics I found it to be rather annoying, especially in a game where you're shooting drones and taking on an entire army.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Sold

- Watch Dogs 3. That demo was just fantastic and really showed what the game is all about. The "gimmick" is really clever and reminds me of Nomad Soul, a game where you also could control many of the inhabitants of its world.

- Pokemon Sword/Shield. The direct was last week so i count it together with E3. I love the open world area that is called " The Wilds". It seems to be an open area that stretches from city to city and has roaming pokemon. I also loved every character they have shown so far and i even like the dynamax feature, that lets your pokemon become giant and much more powerful.

- Luigi's Mansion 3. Here it wasn't the trailer that sold me on the game but the Treehouse section from yesterday. Everything they have showed looked fun and the game itself looks so good.

- Astral Chain. Again the Treehouse section rather than the trailer. It showed me that there is more to the game than just the combat.

Unsold
- Halo Infinite. The story trailer they showed just didn't hook me the same way then when they showed the trailer with all the environments. The mystery just wasn't there. I will still look for infos about the game but for now my hype has cooled off.

I'm sure i forgot some games i was unsure about as well but these are the ones that immediately came to my mind.

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Sold: Watch Dogs: Legion! Mana Remake!

Most other titles I was already sure to be buying beforehand (Cyberpunk 2077, Pokémon Sword/Shield, Dragon Quest XI, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Ori, The Outer Worlds, Luigi's Mansion 3)

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I was "unsold" on many Xbox games as I learned they are coming to Game Pass, but I guess this does not count as they sold me on Game Pass :)

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: FF7

Tentative: Elden Ring, Ghostwire Tokyo

Unsold: The Avengers, Cyberpunk

I've only ever truly played the Midgar section of FF7, and I always thought it went too quickly at that, so everything I'm hearing and seeing about FF7 sounds great. Helps to show gameplay too, who would have thought?

I'm keen to see more of Elden Ring and Ghostwire Tokyo based on cool trailers and studio pedigree.

The Avengers looked dreadful and Cyberpunk.. I dunno, I can't put my finger on what it is with that game but I've not been excited by a single thing they've ever shown of it. It's just not clicking with me at all.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unsold: Griftlands - apparently it's pc only and will be another early access game. looking at Oxygen Not Included, it'll be a 2025 game anyway.

sold: Blair Witch - last movie was garbage, but somehow it could still make a good game. I'm intrigued!

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
SOLD: FF7R, Pokemon Sword, Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2, Watchdogs Legion, FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, Zelda BotW 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Star Wars Fallen Order, FF7R, Flight Simulator,
UNSOLD: Avengers, Gears 5, Panzer Dragoon, Wasteland 3, Shenmue 3 (LMAO), Mario Maker 2

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'll most likely get Watch Dogs 3, so yes it sold me on it, but most likely not day 1 due to how much is releasing in the near future, so it also unsold me on it.
It didn't change my opinion on anything else and new stuff was mostly CG trailers, so they did nothing in selling/unselling me.

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
LRG's presser had a ton of games I wanted to pick up like Turok double-pack, Real MYST: Masterpiece Edition, Blaster Master Zero, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Transistor, Bad North, Dark Devotion and some others that I am probably missing.

Otherwise, Empire of Sin, BotW2, SMM2, Link's Awakening, Last Remnant, The Sinking City, No More Heroes 3, DOOM Eternal, Alien Isolation, The Witcher 3 and Collection of Mana all won me over.

Disappointed in Contra: Rogue Corps :(

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sold on FF7 now. I was very skeptical before, but I'm on board now. Still sounds like it's gonna take like 10 years before it's all done but whatever.

Everything else I'm unchanged on. Too many new games that I don't know enough about. Still haven't seen enough of Cyberpunk or the Avengers. I'm close to wanting Star Wars.

I already knew I was getting Dying Light 2. Just not a terribly exciting E3 this year. FF7 stole the show imo.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
1. Gods and monster. Sucker for Greek mythology
2. Luigi Mansion
3. Cyberpunk. Gonna play on current and next gen console

Unsold:
Avengers game. Super disappointed

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Unsold: Shenmue 3, holy shit at those graphics and animations, I'd rather take Dreamcast era graphics over this.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
Game Pass for P.C: Incredible deal. I prefer to just buy my games because they're so cheap, but there were just too many great games available at such a low price.

Unsold:
Shenmue 3: Scummy move from Epic and Deep Silver. I'm not a big Shenmue guy to begin with, but their crap ensured I won't buy it.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sold or unsold on games? Not so much. Pretty much all the games that had a good showing were on my list anyway.
What this e3 unsold me on was XBox in general.