• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sold: Watchdogs

Unsold: Shenmue 3 - Its more of an insult that the game doesn't show any evolution of systems. As much as i love Shenmue1/2, its unplayable for me today, creatively, its barely moved, and thats a shame.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Unsold on Pokemon - a first for me in a mainline Pokemon game. Dynamax already looked really uninspired, but the transfer restrictions are a kick in the teeth. And you just know they'll hype the ability to transfer in the inevitable rereleases.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Sold me on Flight Simulator and heck, maybe even stadia after the Xcloud no show from MS

Oct 25, 2017
E3 pretty much killed FFVII Remake for me by making it clear how fucking long and costly it's going to be to finish that game's story. Square Enix is either going to go bankrupt before it's over or it's going to cost $200 just to see the damn ending.

Nothing was really sold for me either. This E3 was shit.

SE is about to make a fortune off FFVII Remake and yeah we are gonna spend a lot of money on it. I know I am. Happily.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Sold: Watch Dogs Legion, Luigi's Mansion 3
First one we knew about due to leaks, but if the demo is to be believed, it's mechanics are very well executed. Second one I knew and was interested in, but the gameplay Nintendo showed us was pretty good, so I'm definitely going to buy it.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was cooling on Gears and Halo before E3 but after being huge fan in the early 360 days I'm now i'm completely out on both and probably Xbox in total. I was sure i would play Battletoads but that looked abysmal. Very poor showing of MS, can't believe it.

Avengers was a sure buy and now it's a wait and see.

I was cautious on Luigi's Mansion 3 but now i'm all in.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Unsold on Square Enix Avengers... need to really knock it out of the park next time because this looked bad.

Sold on FF7 Remake however, looks rad as hell

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Sold: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I was a bit on the fence about it although optimistic but seeing it played on the Treehouse stream sold me on it.

Wasn't really unsold on anything. Gears 5 and Halo had terrible showings but I'll still play them.

singo

Nov 5, 2017
I have played every pokémon generation at launch, but now not being able to transfer over old pokémon might stop me from playing the new games

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Treehouse sold me on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Direct sold me finally on FE: 3H and Animal Crossing too for sure.
Square sold me HARD on FF VII too, like damn, that looks perfect.

I don't know, everything I knew I wanted is better in this E3.

OH, unsold on CG trailers and YEAAAAAAAAH's and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO's

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The single concept of playing as a range of NPCs and not a proper main protagonist leaves me so cold that it's very likely I won't ever play Watch Dogs Legion. That and the fact that the tone is more reminiscent of the second game and not the first. Honestly, I kinda hated what I saw.

Feeling a lot more confident about FF7 Remake now, despite the fact that the first episode takes place entirely in Midgar and the team still doesn't even know how many installments there will be in total. After all that silence, it's come back looking like a coherent game and the designs of everyone and everything are pitch-perfect.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Sold:
Trials of Mana: Both the original and the remake look cool and like games I want to play
Luigi's Mansion 3: Good showing. Back to a single building, but keeping the different themes and adding neat mechanics. Should be good fun.
Oninaki: Just looks super solid. Tokyo RPG Factory finally figuring it out
Tales of Arise: Amazing that this series is finally getting a budget.
Elden Ring: The premise alone is good enough.

Unsold:
FFVIIR: The gameplay looked great, but I can't get interested in a game that stretches what was 6-8 hours of content into a full game in Midgar. Also, the fact they don't know what the scope of the full remake is tells me this is just not fully thought through. So many issues.
Daemon X Machina: Too messy and just not scratching that mech itch the way I want.
Star Wards: Jedi Order: As bland as the white guy protagonist.
Pokemon: This game doesn't deserve a pass from looking so bad and uninspired.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Luigi's Mansion is now a must buy . The first trailer was a bit of a letdown but the new trailer and especially the Treehouse coverage, made it look awesome.

Astral Chain is now on my radar...but I'll still wait for reviews.

Pokemon Sword/Shield. I've never bought a Pokemon game before ..but this looks great in regards to the more openworld nature.
Adding a dash of Breath of the Wild has likely sold me on it for the first time.

I've only ever purchased Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. The crafting in the new one makes it look a bunch more interesting...so I'll likely come back.

I've not really been unsold on anything.

I'd like to mention something for the PS4/PSVR..but they didn't really sell or unsell me on anything.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Sold on FFVIIR now, which I didn't think would be the case. I LOATHE FFXV, and that style of gameplay

Unsold on MS and Xbox, which is a surprise to me - love their hardware, and I can appreciate what they are doing with Gamepass (excellent value) but they just are not my type of games. Except for Ori 2 - I will be playing that on PC because it is one of the best games I've ever played. But the new Battle toads is just not for me, and Rare is officially dead at this point. I have no more hope for any of their games or properties

Unsold on Cyberpunk - not for me at all

If there is one thing I can say, the Switch is going to have the majority of my playtime going forward, with PS4 for the occasional game I cannot play on that system like KH, Tales of Arise, and the PS4 exclusives

I am sold on so many Switch games
Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, DQ, DQ Builders 2, NNK, etc ... my wallet is so screwed

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Treehouse's first day was excellent. I'm in 'seriously considering' territory for all of them. One exception might be Pokémon, but that's less due to the reveal and more for the simple reality that I have a ton of unplayed classic Pokémon games that I can't justify a new one.

L176

Jan 10, 2019
Sold: Luigi's mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon SwSh (together with the direct)

Sold if I have the money and time: Astral Chain

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Sold: cyberpunk 2077, Doom eternal, the outer world's (when on Steam or gog not EGS) Wolfenstein youngblood

Unsold: nearly everything else. E3 sold the things I expected to be sold on, but didn't sell me something I didn't expect or didn't know about... That's pretty poor

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess unsold on Cyberpunk but that's been happening for a long time for me. The trailer still did nothing for me though it DID tell me a very generic story about a deal gone wrong and show me Keanu, but it's far from actually having my interest. We could have really used some gameplay since it's less than a year out now.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sold
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Astral Chain
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Luigi's Mansion 3
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Tales of Arise
Watch Dogs Legion

Maybe
Daemon X Machina
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Halo Infinite

Nope
Battletoads
Gears 5
Shenmue III
Square-Enix Avengers

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I don't think it changed my mind on any games I knew about already. It probably unsold me on Pokemon Home and buying some older Pokemon 3DS games to build up a collection to transfer, but I'll still play Sword & Shield

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Jedi Fallen Order is a day 1 Origin Premier "rental" for me, no doubts about it after this E3, and... well, I was already completely sold on Cyberpunk 2077, so breathtaking Keanu just reassured my preorder.

Edit: Oh snap, I completely forgot about LEGO, but I usually buy every single game they release so, yeah, Skywalker Saga and Forza expansion are coming home too.

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
It did and it was unexpected.

Sold me on Daemon X Machina, Mario Maker 2 and most probably Luigi's mansion.

That plus the new games announced.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely unsold on Avengers, and honestly? Might be unsold on Cyberpunk as well. I love Keanu as much as anybody, and apparently it looks astonishing. But some of the reports of the behind closed doors make it sound as if it miiiight just tip over into the 'Oh it's a bit racist' bracket, which would be very unfortunate.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Was sold on a few things beforehand, but specifically from E3:

Watchdogs Legion - big surprise as it's a style of game I'm usually very picky with, but London looks amazing and the concept intriguing
Luigi's Mansion 3 - was happy to see a more expanded look at things and it feels much closer to LM1

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sold (As in had no/little interest but now very itnerested)
-
Watch Dogs Legion: Very impressed by the reveal and they're saying a lot of interesting things.
- Wolfenstein Youngblood: I adored TNO and enjoyed TNC but just didn;t feel the hype for this one. That has changed.
- Modern Warfare (if it counts): I haven;t bought a CoD in years but this looks right up my alley. Genuinely exciting for the first time in ages.

Unsold
- Potentially Avengers, the art style and VA was... unexpected. Some of the details since are more encouraging though.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Sold: Luigis Mansion 3, Animal Crossing NH, Watchdogs Legion (i might not actually get it anytime soon but like if i ever wanted to jump in on the franchise this one looks neat and reminds me of ZombiU), Link's Awakening, Spiritfarer, Cadence of Hyrule

Unsold: Battletoads, Minecraft Dungeons

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Sold: Animal Crossing. Never played an Animal Crossing game but it just looks so charming.

Unsold: Pokémon. Gamefreak never ceases to impress me with how out of touch they are.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Sold - Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening

Unsold - Pokemon, Animal Crossing (might be back in later on if they show that the island size can be expanded)

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I'm getting tired of gaming in general or what, but E3 didn't really sell me on any games.
The abundance of CGI trailers really ruined it for me.

I can tolerate those if they are really cool -- if they are worth it for pure entertainment value even if they weren't connected to a game, but otherwise they are pointless.

The lack of gameplay was sort of worrying in general. The standout for me was Gears of War 5 where they apparently won't show any campaign gameplay until a few weeks before launch. That game is in trouble. (But I am not going to whine more about it).

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
Sold - Xbox Scarlett, I swore that I wouldn't buy the new Xbox as my current one never gets used but that crazy promotion of 3 years of Ultimate game pass for $1 has made me change my mind, I'll buy it just for Gamepass.

Unsold - Avengers, 4 player co-op, free to play ...... nah I was hoping for something akin to Spider-Man.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Seeing DAEMON X MACHINA only confirmed the purchase.

Jedi Fallen Boredom went from a maybe to a "maybe buy when discounted to 15 credits."

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unsold on Avengers.

we need to make a list on who were unsold on which games to shame them when they buy said game lmao

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
Flight Simulator is 100% a day one purchase for me (or even a preorder in case it gets a physical limited edition).
CP 2077 was already a 100% locked purchase even before E3, now that they showed the CE and I find the content underwhelming I'll just stick to the physical standard edition.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Collection of Mana instantly.

I'm still on the verge about S&S. I think it's now in Let's Go levels of spitting in the face of players. It's simply shameful, no way around it.

I was totally unsold on Cyberpunk, but the latest jab at the LGBTI+ community sealed my decision. CDPR just couldn't help themselves. One bad apple my ass.