• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Sold
Final Fantasy VII Remake - was already sold
Cyberpunk 2077 - was already sold
Watch Dogs - Presentation was amazing and really love the London setting
Switch - Keep reminding me I need to buy one
Jedi Fallen Order - What I expected and I liked what I saw.
Avengers - Enjoyed what I saw, and the information that came after it kinda reassured some of my fears.
Tales of Arise - Tales with Ufotable budget!
Oninaki - Looks cool

Unsold
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Might get later down the line because Dragon Ball, but going through the original story and only playing as Goku is kinda boring. Though I trust CC2 to give some fun and flashy fights
Outriders - Not into to co-op shooters and the trailer wasn't really good
Uplay Plus - Only on PC

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
It unsold me on MW, from day 1 to now i will wait and see.

didn't sell me on anything that i wasn't going to buy anyway

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
A whole lot! Once again Nintendo and SE steals the show for me ;)

High Priority (Day 1 or close to day 1)
-Trials of Mana (PS4/PC)
-Pokemon Sword (NS)
-The Legend of Zelda BotW Sequel (NS)

Medium Priority (Year 1)
-The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Remake (NS)
-Fire Emblem The Three Houses (NS)
-Collection of Mana (NS)

Low Priority (Heavily discounted)
-Grandia HD Collection (PS4/PC)
-Shenmue III (PC)
-Astral Chain (NS)
-Luigi's Mansion 3 (NS)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (NS)
-Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (PS4/PC)
-Animal Crossing New Horizons (NS)
-Panzer Dragoon Remake (NS)
-Daemon X Machina (NS)
-No More Heroes III (NS)
-Dragon Quest XI S (NS)
-Ni No Kuni 1 Remaster (PS4/PC)
-Disgaea 4 Complete+ (PS4)
-Final Fantasy VIII Remaster (PS4/PC)
-Romancing SaGa 3 (PS4/PC)
-SaGa Scarlett Grace (PS4/PC)
-Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remaster (PS4)
-Code Vein (PC)
-Watch Dogs Legion (PC)
-Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
-Doom Eternal (PC)
-Halo Infinite (PC)
-Elden Ring (PC)
-Tales of Arise (PS4/PC)
-Gears 5 (PC)
-Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PC)

Anything that isnt listed or forgotten is pretty much Low priority.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold me:
SW: FO - always a sucker for SW games, and the extended game play look makes the game seem interesting enough.
Elden Ring - I love the DS aesthetics, dark fantasy, and RPGs.
Gods and Monsters - BotW styled AQ type game possibly has be intrigued.
Darksiders Genesis - Darksiders? Yes. Diablo Yes. A Darksiders Diablo game? Yes.

Honorable mention:
Trials of Mana - was getting the collection for this then saw the remake vid and that looks pretty neat.
BotW2 - didn't need to be sold on it but didn't know about it until last night after work.

Unsold me:
SE Avengers - uninspired characters, bad VA, bland and boring looking world, boring looking combat(of the couple seconds of scripted combat we could see). Was interested before the showing.
Remnant: From the Ashes - Heard about it saw some screens, then found out it's a co-op game. Unless it can be played solo, It's a pass for me.
Battletoads - love me some beat 'em ups, but this just looks awful. Not into the art style at all.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm not going to say that Halo trailer "unsold" me, but I will say it felt a little dull and silly — and the holo bit with the guy's wife and daughter just felt...insincere.

Not horrible, but I expect more from the premiere Xbox franchise. Sorry, Stinkles...I usually dig your team's stuff a lot more.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea sold on watchdogs 3 like you OP.

Unsold on Star Wars. I mean I'll still play it. But I'm no longer very hyped for it.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
My opinion on most of the shown games haven't changed much, except for two.

Final Fantasy VII Remake looks decent. I still wish it was proper ATB, but at least it's not Kingdom Hears, but with a sillier sword.

And there's the Lego DLC for Forza. That just looks fun. I'm not even into driving games, but that looked good.

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
Sold on Watch Dogs Legion - it was game of the conference for me.

Also AI teammates for Breakpoint might have sold me on that as well...still kinda on fence as I doubt this Aurora island can match the amazing Bolivia as "main character". Not too hot on fighting drones either.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Sold: DOOM, Watch Dogs 3, Avengers, Luigi's Mansion, Cyberpunk, My Friend Pedro, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FF7 Remake

Unsold: Everything Bethesda except DOOM and Ghostwire

JetJaguar88

Nov 7, 2017
Cyberpunk has Keanu, sold for me
Watch Dogs 3 looks sick, can't afford it at the but will definitely play eventually

Avengers I'm unsold on until I see gameplay that convinces me otherwise

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Sold: Cyberpunk 2077, Watch_D0gs: L3gion, Ghost Stranding: Tokyo

Unsold: Marvel's Avengers

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
It sold Final Fantasy 7 to me, but then very quickly unsold it to me once I found out the game would cover a quarter of the original.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Watch Dogs 3 ended up being a way more ambitious sequel than I'd thought so I'm sold.

I was down on VII Remake and its presentation allowed me to at least be interested.

The Avengers game went for me from "no interest" to "oh my God, THAT is what all SE Western studios are being forced to work in? Kill It now."

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unsold: Star Wars. Holy shit was that gameplay bland
way too bland. The trailer shown off during Xbox's conference looked cool.

During the inside xbox shit yesterday or the day before major nelson was talking to some of the Respawn guys working on the game. They likened it to a Metroidvania, and how they "reverse engineered Metroid Prime's map" to reimagine it in a star wars way...

if that's the case why in the hell did it look as linear as it did?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
way too bland. The trailer shown off during Xbox's conference looked cool.

During the inside xbox shit yesterday or the day before major nelson was talking to some of the Respawn guys working on the game. They likened it to a Metroidvania, and how they "reverse engineered Metroid Prime's map" to reimagine it in a star wars way...

if that's the case why in the hell did it look as linear as it did?
Right? I really hope I'm off the mark and it ends up amazing. I just didn't see it this week.

Sold: DOOM Eternal. Bah gawd

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
UP
Cyberpunk. Looking forward to this
Star Wars Fallen Order. Gotta see if EA can finally deliver a decent Star Wars experience where you don't feel shortchanged.
Luigi's Mansion 3.
Zelda remake. In my veins now.

DOWN
Avengers- Wow, that was nothing special, might be fun to play but as its a year away, I'll reserve judgement
Bleeding Edge: pile of trash. Some peeps might like a button mashing 3rd person MOBA with a coked-up edge-lord aesthetic, but that's a hard pass from me.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
SOLD: Final Fantasy VII Remake action RPG combat
UNSOLD: Final Fantasy VII Remake only taking place in Midgar with part 2 not even planned yet and no decision on total entries for the entire story

SOLD: Xbox Gamepass, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, Collection of Mana, Battletoads, Elden Ring, The Last of Us but with deer (forgot name).

Jury still out: Halo Infinite, Spiritfarer, Doom Eternal

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Already sold pre-show and can't be more sold now: Fire Emblem.

As someone who love Fates' gameplay but don't like it's story, Three Houses looks strong in both department, and it makes me so happy.

Sold: Watch Dogs Legion

The gameplay demo looks bonkers. It has great potential and I hope Ubisoft can pull off the concept by giving enough variety to the gameplay.

Sold: Breath of the Wild sequel

Don't need to show anything more. Just tell me when will it launch and I will be there day 1.

These are the notable three games. I am happy with several more games like Doom Eternal, Luigi Mansion 3 and Astral Chain. Very excited to play them.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Games that sold me were Spiritfarer, Luigi's Mansion 3, Watch Dogs, and Xbox gamepass

Aside from that I already knew I was going to buy Mario Maker 2, Ori WotW, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing

Unsold: Pokemon Sword/Shield, but I was likely not going to buy it either way.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Sold:
Game Pass for PC - just a no-brainer buy for me
BOTW2 - I don't care how far away it is (I am hoping holiday 2020), I can't give them my money fast enough
Luigi's Mansion 3 - looks like a lot of fun, I think I will enjoy playing it with my daughter
Animal Crossing - Delay stinks but still looks like a blast
Baldur's Gate 3 - Similar to BOTW2, I can't give them my money for this soon enough

TBD:
Gods & Monsters - This looks really cool but I want to hear more about it first
Link's Awakening - I will probably buy but the art style still hasn't sold me
Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3 - Looks fun, will wait for reviews to see how it actually plays
Star Wars Fallen Order - Want to see more varied gameplay. Could be very intriguing but could just be Generic RPG #117844
Watch Dogs Legion - Definitely interested but I want to learn more about how the story plays out and see if the recruitment part of it really makes a difference or not
Uplay+ - Ubi has been sneakily putting out a lot of games that I am interested in but I'm not sure I like this at the current price. Might be more of a occasional purchase than something I keep running.

Unsold:
FF7 Remake: Looks really cool and interesting, I'm not going to invest in it at the prices they are asking and without having any idea when or if it will ever be completed
Cyberpunk 2077: Looks cool, does not seem like my cup of tea so far though
Avengers - There is no way that's being released next spring right? Surely thats going to get delayed more. I don't see myself touching that unless there is a deep deep discount and even then I don't know.

Who The Hell Knows:
Stadia - I want to want it and like it but the current pricing plan just isn't doing the trick. If they can actually put on games that I want on the subscription service quickly (and I'm not expecting new 3rd party releases there but anything a year+ old) then I might dive in but as it stands right now I don't know.

I feel like there are a couple more that I am forgetting that I was interested when I first saw them but if they didn't stay with me maybe that's a sign.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers didn't unsell me, there's plenty of time for them to show more and I know I'll end up buying it. But it was the most disappointing reveal, it went beyond showing nothing and left me actively confused as to what the game was. It definitely came closest to damaging my opinion of the game, even if it didn't quite get there.
That was one of the most disjointed trailers ever, like what is happening? The helicarrier crashes then all of a suddenly it's five years later and then Nolan & Troy are arguing.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Wouldn't say 'unsold', but Avengers' first showing was very disappointing for me.

On the other hand, I'm very much sold on FF VII R and Cyberpunk 2077, as was expected. Also down for Doom Eternal.

I'm optimistic about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, but I'm not entirely convinced yet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I loved what I saw of doom. I think the arcade style really resonates with me. I liked watch dogs, outer wilds. Thought FF7 looked amazing but it's not coming to Xbox (I have PS4 but I hate using it).

I wouldn't say I hated gears but I wish they would've showed gameplay in the conference. Don't like having to search for it. Halo was shown too far out last year. Way too far out.

Game of conference though is probably Watch Dogs for me with this trailer. I wasn't interested at all before this ubi conference.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3 has really got a look that I took notice of

I also had pretty much zero interest in FFVII, but I came out of the demo footage thinking it looked all right. Still would be hesitant to jump in given the lack of info on the release structure, especially considering how long it took to get this one out. Maybe I'll get into it long down the road

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the FFVII remake sold me more. Not that I definitely wasn't going to purchase and now I am, but I'm way more into it. I was one of those that wanted a more traditional turn based battle system and feared the company that gave us FFXV's utter shit system. I'm eating crow now, because the system they came up with feels right. Maybe it won't hold up but I can imagine a lot of really great fights with it right now. I'm much more sold.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Sold on FFVIIR since I think it looks fantastic. Also, despite only getting a CGI trailer, sold hard on Elden Ring because of the interview points.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Already Sold: Cyberpunk 2077, Death Strandin, Doom Enternal

Sold by this E3: Elden Ring, Ghostwire Tokyo, BOTW sequel.

Unsold: Watch Dogs Legion, Marvel Avengers

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sold: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Link's Awakening
Unsold:Astral Chain, (Avengers as well, although I was never sold to begin with)

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
SOLD HARDER: I mean, you can't sell me on FF7R as I was already in the bag for that game and will buy it regardless, the OG FF7 is my favorite game ever, but you can say I was REINFORCED by the gameplay Square showed.

WAS NEVER SOLD, SO I CAN'T SAY I WAS "UNSOLD," BUT LET'S JUST SAY I NOW GIVE EVEN LESS OF A FUCK: Marvel's Avengers.

Square, take any devs working on that shitshow or those Tomb Raider shitshows you been putting out and put them to work on getting FF7R games out at a decent pace. BUT, don't give them too important of a job, because I don't want to the people responsible for Tomb Raider/Avengers contaminating FF7R with any type of creative say.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually way more sold on the Final Fantasy 7 remake. I think the original is a bloated, overrated mess that only really gets good around the second disk, and I couldn't imagine the remake making anything better, but to be honest, the remake looks amazing.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
yeah Watchdogs has been a series i haven't cared for so far. Third one with the new permadeath mechanics sold me on it.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Lots of stuff looked good.

FF7 I'll still buy, but I don't want action Final Fantasy games. To me that is like making the next Halo a Tetris game.

Shemue III is turning into a real Monkey's Paw situation.

Last edited:

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
Cyberpunk 2077: I still suspect it'll play hella clunky compared to people's imaginations. Like I expect the gunplay to be shit. But I love Deus Ex and this is the closest we'll get for a long long time I expect.
DOOM Eternal: The singleplayer looks amazing, and even the DLC promised is SP oriented. The new movement systems look great as well.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake: The combat looks like a great meld of realtime action and the old ATB system. I'm down to explore Midar, Shinra, and Avalanche way more in depth.

Unsold:
Both the Marvel games look like complete shit to me.

Ubisoft: Outside of their possible BOTW clone that they decided to not show gameplay for everything they had was a complete fucking snooze fest. Watchdogs now looks like it marries bland characters to that games poor gameplay. At least part 2 had a great protagonist... Then the rest of that show felt like Tom Clancy repeated over and over. Also no word on Mario v Rabbids 2? Fuck this showing.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Sold
Doom Eternal- PC or PS4 (don't fail me now gtx 660ti, you've got one more in you)
Superliminal- PC
Cyberpunk- PS4

Need to rewatch some of the PC gaming show/kinda funny games/devovler. I don't have a switch or xbox or a pc running windows 10 so the MS and Nintendo conference didn't have a ton to do with me.