• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sold:
Botw2, duh. Looks great and I like the new direction. I hope this comes out in the next 18 months.​

Cautiously Optimistic:
Link's Awakening Switch - $60 is a lot unless there's some new content. I might just replay the GBC cartridge. (Also I don't like the art style).​
Fallout 76 - the new additions make sense, and the game is now down to $17 on Amazon. At some point I'll buy in (and possibly regret it).​
Gods & Monsters - Looks cool, but very much going to wait. In general, I don't like Ubisoft's approach to games.​
Eldin Ring - I love Dark Souls, but couldn't enjoy Sekiro. If the combat is very different from what I enjoy about DS, I'll skip.​

Unsold:
The rest of this year, lol. Very little to look forward to.​

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Switch is nearing a "critical mass" of exclusive games that I'm interested in, so I might get one if they release a more powerful/stationary model.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
From things that have or have had gameplay shown:

Doom Eternal
Luigi's Mansion 3
Fire Emblem (story looks great)
Pokemon SW & SH
FF7

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold (had no awareness / intention of buying, now I am positive they are worth my money)
- Fall Guys
- Carrion
- Blair Witch
- 12 Minutes
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
- Spiritfarer
- Rainbow Six Quarantine

Unsold (not refusing to buy these, but need to see more before I consider them worth buying)
- Marvel's Avengers
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Already sold (seeing them again is nice, but I was already going to be getting them)
- Doom Eternal
- Cyberbunk 2077
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I was already sold an now i'm even more hyped:
Astral Chain: That Treehouse demo was incredible and showed how much more there is in this game beyond what we saw in the trailers, like exploration, a nice hub area (Police station), puzzles to solve and obviously that great action combat.
Luigi's Mansion 3: It seems they are going all out with this one, with so much variety in the level design, new features, and new multiplayer modes.

Sold:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake: that live demo was amazing. Visually very pretty, i like the combat a lot.
Trials of Mana Remake: i wasn't expecting a full on remake, and it looks sooo much better than the remake of the first one.
Pokèmon S/S: first trailer reveal in february was okay but nothing impressive, last Direct and the E3 demo they showed yesterday sold me especially on online raid battles and big yes to those Wild Areas.

Unsold:
Square Enix's Avengers: Poorly presented and i don't like the direction they are going with this (Destiny-like, multiplayer focused). In my opinion i'd have preferred something more single player driven similar to the recent Spider-Man game.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: demo was rough and gameplay looks a mix of other games, a bit generic, i don't understand why we should be excited beyond "hey it's Star Wars".

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
My hype deflated on Avengers. It's not even the character models... it's the focus on live service. Yeah no amount of changes to art direction isn't going to change that.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Very much unsold on Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 or whatever it's called...

Literally the jankiest, shittiest combat I've seen in the past decade, and that's no exaggeration. Empty ass boring world too...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Already Sold: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, BOTW 2, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Links Awakening, Doom Eternal, Life of Pedro

Newly Sold: Carrion, Watch Dogs Legion, Dark Crystal Tactics, Ghostwire, Blair Witch, No More Heroes 3, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk 2077, Fall Guys

Potentially unsold: Avengers and Fallen Order. Nothing popped out at me yet

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
After E3, totally sold on Animal Crossing and Link's Awakening, but I pretty much was from the beginning.

E3 really sold me on Astral Chain. Didn't think I would want it, but it looks really good!

I'm not totally sold on Luigi's Mansion, it looks better graphically than the original trailer, but I'm worried to see how the overall game will turn out. Gooigi is an alright idea, but I feel like they're holding too much back on it and it's odd it didn't get a release date when it's coming this year?

Sort of unsold on Pokemon SwSh with the announcement that there's not a national Pokédex!? Not every Pokemon obtainable AND not even transferable from the Pokemon home thing they announced a few weeks ago. What's that about?

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Games I didn't know I wanted before E3:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
LoZ: Link's Awakening
LoZ: Breath of the Wild 2
Star Wars: Fallen Order
Final Fantasy 7R
Tales of the Arise

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
The only thing that I'm excited about is the new Flight Simulator and FF7R (I think I dreamt I was playing the game yesterday). Almost impulse bought the Mana trilogy until I realized it was 100% headed to my backlog immediately. Watch Dogs look nice but I already have 2 in my backlog. On the fence about Avenger and CP2077.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was originally looking forward to the Squeenix Avengers game, but the presentation was godawful so my interest is now zero.

WizardMemories

Alt account
Banned
May 22, 2019
Day 1:
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Super Mario Maker 2

Not Day 1 but still going to buy:
Link's Awakening
Watch Dogs Legion

Buying used:
Pokemon SwSh

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
It unsold me on the industry, I am so sick of it.

The 2 games I was waiting for were Ghosts of Tsushima and GoW: Ragnarok, but Sony dipped out of the show.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
It unsold me on the avengers game a little. I think that game has a good chance of being next year's anthem / 76. The impressions of the gameplay demo arent that good either

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think it sold me on Luigi's Mansion 3. It's one of those games I'd usually just let pass by because of the limited amount of time I have. I was thinking just more of Dark Moon but it looks so much better.

I've never been a Platinum Games guy but the story and setting of Astral Chain based on E3 footage have peaked my interest again.

I think I'm unsold on Fire Emblem Heroes, if you asked me 2 years ago I'd be down because I always love some Fire Emblem game play. But I actually feel burnt out on it and watching the trailers did nothing but evoke a "wow those cut-scenes are pretty."

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Absolutely sold me on FFVIII Remake. I was pretty skeptical after XV, but they nailed everything about this game.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold: I didn't think I needed to be sold on Astral Chain but holy shit. I think my mouth was watering at one point looking at the footage of it.

Unsold: Avengers perhaps didn't completely unsell me... but that was a bad first impression.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Sold: Watch Dogs: Legion. Had no interest in the first two, but liking the "recruit anyone" concept. I want a team of granny Londoners.
Unsold: Probably Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. I was excited that they were making an action RPG with the series! I'm not sure what kind of combat I was expecting, but it basically just looks like Xenoverse combat, and I was mostly interested in Project Z because I like DBZ but dislike fighting games. Oh well.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I was already thinking about getting Astral Chain but the Treehouse Gameplay confirmed it's a MUST buy for me.

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Sold:
  • Gooigi's Hotel 3
  • BoTW2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Animal Crossing New Horizon
  • Link's Awakening
Unsold:
  • FF7 Remake
  • Avengers
  • Astral Chain

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
Sold: Gods & Monsters. It's like a closing cycle. Ubisoft developed its ideas for more than a decade, and Zelda absorbed a lot of them and added the artistic style of Nintendo. Now the ideas come back to Ubisoft (and the great Assassin's Creed Odyssey team) in the style of another company.

Unsold: The Witcher 3 on Switch.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, I get every first party Nintendo game anyway. Although I'm definitely more in for MUA3 than I was before.

Unsold: basically any AAA game I can't get through Game Pass, except possibly Watch Dogs Legion.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
- FFVIIr
- FFVIII Remaster
- Link's Awakening
- DBZ: Kakarot
- Luigi Mansion 3

Unsold:
- Square Enix Avengers
- Cyberpunk
- Pokémon Sword/Shield (but this was already unsold since I knew about limited roaming pokémon)

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Glad I'm not alone on these two. I think the Remake looks really bad.
It's something I thought about purchasing but what unsold me was - the music was something that stuck out for me in the original and this feels like a "orchestral-movie trailer with a FF7 jingle" sound and the idea that we're not going to be getting the complete FF7 Remake until (what feels like) I hit the retirement home. Not confirmed yet, but I also feel like they might take all the goofy lightheartedness out and go for the more grim-dark.

Side note: I put Astral Chain on there only because now that August and beyond is starting to get bloated with games and the new trailer of the game did not fully blow me away to be Day 1/preorder now. It's definitely going to be a maybe pick up down the line/on sale. Still think the game looks amazing.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Sold: Luigi's Mansion. Love the new mechanics that are being introduced.

Unsold: Avengers. Even if online multiplayer GaaS wasn't gaming poison to me, the game just doesn't look right.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Unsold (for now):
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: While the visuals looked great, and combat potentially interesting (long drawn out boss battles aside), the word out of S-E after their conference (basically "First game's just Midgar, we have no idea how many games there will be or when they'll release") has pretty much killed my interest in playing Remake Part 1 of X. I'm not opposed to an episodic model, or expanding on the story and environments from the original game, but you have to give us some idea of how long this will take. If, hypothetically, it's like five episodes, one a year, each for $60 (each with $300+ collector's editions), I just can't get excited about that. I'll just watch a Let's Play to experience the story and then forget about the game entirely between installments.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Desire confirmed: Cyberpunk 2077.

Liked:
Per Aspera.
Planet Zoo.
SW: Fallen Order.
Doom Eternal.
Wolfenstein.
Telling Lies.

Disliked: Anything touched by EGS.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Maybe. The new Darksiders game. Never liked the series before but this new one has me interested.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Definitely more interested in Jedi: Fallen Order. After the reveal trailer I was pretty "meh" on the game, but after seeing gameplay I want to check it out.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
It actually managed to make me less hype for Gears 5 when it was probably the one big Microsoft game I was excited about.