• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm more interested in Animal Crossing, glad it looks to not be the same game yet again.

Currently Unsold on Pokemon, but I'll buy it anyway because that's just how things work.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Fall Guys from Devolver looked great. That was a seriously good trailer and the game looks really fun to play.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
More interested in:

Cyberpunk 2077 (Keanu)
Astral Chain (It just looked really good)
Star Wars (I like those type of games. It's almost a guaranteed buy)

Less interested in

FF7:R (I'm worried about the total cost and how long it will take to finish development)
Avengers (The game probably plays fine, but those character models... yikes)
Watch Dogs Legion (My interest wasn't great already. The idea of playing disposable characters is interesting, but I prefer playing a main character)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Seriously the the hell did they show nothing?)

Oct 27, 2017
I already backed Shenmue for PS4, but I'm beginning to regret that decision. E3 has increased my anticipation for almost every single game around it in November, so I don't know how much time I'll realistically want to devote to it. Its original date in August was perfect for me.

Cyberpunk, on the other hand, I'm struggling to contain my excitement for. I buy physical copies for most of my games but it might be worth going digital for this one, because I can't see myself trading it in. I was already sold, I suppose, but it reaffirmed itself in a big way.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Gameplay demos for Marvel Ultimate alliance 3 and Astral Chain really sold me those. I was already veeery interested but after the demos those 2 are a buy.
I guess I should also count FF7, but I was already sold on it and the demo just confirmed it

Watch dogs demo sold me on the idea of considering playing a Watch Dogs game . The game sounds too ambitious so I will likely wait until people get their hands on it but man the concept and setting are dope.

Some games like Doom, Cyberpunk and whatever game From Software makes are a buy no matter what I see/hear.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
Unsold on gears (well, I'm still going to play it on Gamepass but), almost killed my excitement after last year's E3.

Sold on ff7 Remake (unless it's indeed a first chapter, in which case I'll wait for the complete release).

Last edited:

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i didn't have to be sold on things like Watch Dogs...or Ultimate Alliance. these are things i was going to like anyway.

Final Fantasy 7 remake looks undeniably cool. I have no nostalgia for it. I dont really play RPGs. I never played original. Only FF game i've put time into was the original on NES lol. Idk how the original played. But i imagine it wasn't an action game. So im a little confused by this being an action game now. But whatever. Im the one guy that liked Dirge of Cerberus.
The big standout to me is the world. I love the look of it.

maybe not "unsold". But like everyone else i was a little put off by the bland Avengers cast. They have a great voice cast and the tiny chunks of gameplay actually look awesome. but the visceral reaction to seeing like default create a character faces on everyone. And the cutscene parts of the trailer looking not even in the same league as some of the other games shown...doesn't help

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold on Watchdogs.

I was skeptical about Watchdogs because Ubisoft has disappointed me with their last few games this gen. But the trailer and gameplay looked really enjoyable so I'm likely to buy this game.

Edit: oh, I forgot about Star Wars. That sold me too, I really liked what I saw there. Much better than what I expected.

Last edited:

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I was sold on a ton of games going into E3, and I'm still sold on those now. And most of the games I wasn't interested in, I'm still not interested in.

Sold: Watch Dogs Legion. I had zero interest in Watch Dogs or the Watch Dogs series, but I'm really impressed so far with what Legion is promising.

Unsold: Shenmue 3. As a backer, I'm still getting this. But I think this is going to turn out really rough. Put it this way: With The Outer Worlds, Death Stranding and Doom Eternal circling around Shenmue's release date, I may not be getting around to playing this one for a little bit.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, as a huge Pokémon fan, that news about not all Pokémon being compatible with Sword & Shield is really making me reconsider buying that game when I was in 100% before. This is just so bad and goes against the spirit of Pokémon as a franchise and kinda defeats the point of Pokémon Home it's just...ugh. Just thinking about it makes me sad.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold:

Final Fantasy VII Remake (I had no faith whatsoever in SE to pull this off but it looked fantastic)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (basically by way of Square's Avengers game looking so fucking bad)
Watch Dogs 3 (no interest in most anything Ubi ever, but Clint Hocking)

Unsold:

Shenmue 3 (looks terrible and fuck everyone involved for the EGS fiasco)
Avengers (this looks so much worse than my most cynical expectations)
Respawn's Star Wars (likewise; you have the world's best FPS studio make a linear third-person action game with mobile game aesthetics... K)

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Given these are things I wasn't already pretty much sold on before;

Sold:
The Outer Worlds
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Although I do have some reservations with this one
Pokemon Sword and Sheild
Watch_Dogs Legion

Unsold (loosely because time will ultimately tell):
The Avengers
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Sold: Watch Dogs 3 (I love the concept of no main character and if they die, they're dead), Animal Crossing (I wasn't initially interested but the new features are looking to be what I was hoping for out of a new one), Star Wars: Fallen Order (I have a feeling it'll be a middle of the road game with the Disney Star Wars tone, but I was way more interested in what I saw than I thought I'd be, especially after that trailer with the AT-AT)

Unsold: No game really "unsold me" (the bulk of what was shown would have had to have sold me first to do that....) but E3 this year did unsell me on watching the press conferences live next year. I mean come on, Bethesda had one of my most anticipated sequels of the year as their headliner. How in the hell do you make a gameplay trailer for DOOM ETERNAL feel boring?

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Games that went up in stock for me:
Marvel UA3
Luigi's Mansion 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Animal Crossing NH
Astral Chain

Games that went down:
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Marvel's Avengers
Super Mario Maker 2

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Sold:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Luigi's Mansion 3
Psychonauts 2
Watch Dogs Legion
Gods and Monsters
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Astral Chain

Not sold:
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Marvel's Avengers (need to see gameplay)
Fire Emblem
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Code Vein
Animal Crossing New Horizon
Bleeding Edge

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Games that went down:
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Marvel's Avengers
Super Mario Maker 2

i'm not a big nintendo or mario guy, what was wrong with SMM2? I just pre ordered the game with nintendos $100 voucher thing (that and marvel alliance), figured those two games should be pretty solid and fun and releasing soon.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Sold (not sure if day 1): FFVIIR, though only midgar kind of sucks. Surely their comments about not knowing how many installments means if it does poorly they'll finish it off in the next one, if it does well they'll space it out to what feels right. Death Stranding (while not at e3 itself, trailer was enough to day 1 it)

Unsold: Watchdogs 3 (really offputting style, recruiting sounds really dumb, doesn't look much better than WD2 which I still have to play through)

Better standing: Cyberpunk, outer worlds

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not a big nintendo or mario guy, what was wrong with SMM2? I just pre ordered the game with nintendos $100 voucher thing (that and marvel alliance), figured those two games should be pretty solid and fun and releasing soon.

It's gonna be great, I think my hype for it before was more abstract so when I saw it more tangibly I was like "maybe I don't feel like making levels" lol. I'm sure you'll love it

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Sold
i was already sold on anything Nintendo related.

Gods and Monsters looks incredible and i hope we see more of it maybe in the tree-house despite how unlikely that seems.

More curious about Watch Dogs 3 - the army of playable characters just looks great. Helen is clearly the GOAT character and dystopian London looks amazing as someone who spends a fair bit of time in London.

Unsold

Was interested in Cyberpunk but the closer it gets and the more mis-steps they take with regards to representation and their apparent ingrained trans-phobia really puts me off.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
didnt need to be sold on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. But it maybe wasn't a Day 1 buy for me. And now i am considering it.

due to Avengers reveal looking bleh.....more of MUA3's roster being revealed and being impressive....and a confirmation of Fantastic Four DLC (and probably Moon Knight)

the game looks better and better everytime i see it. I feared it was going to be a dumbed down, cash grabby game with a thin roster. But its looking more and more like a legit sequel

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Not really. Maybe a bit unsold on Avengers.

Otherwise, I just got more excited for games I was already excited for, and added some new reveals to my list of anticipated games like Panzer Dragoon.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Sold:
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Animal Crossing

Unsold:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Star Wars
- Astral Chain
- Avengers

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
E3 sold me on the Avengers on the logo and then unsold me when I see what some of the character designs look like.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The messaging and general uncertainty of Final Fantasy VIIR has completely turned me off to the game. Like they're just barely scraping together enough content to justify a $60 release after all this time, and they're only focusing on a relatively minor portion of the original game. Doesn't mean it can't be good, but on paper it sounds ridiculous.

Avengers has promise, interested to really see the gameplay in action. Fix the character faces, seriously what is up with current-gen Marvel faces, knock it off.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Sold:
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing
Watch Dogs Legion
Cadence of Hyrule
Minecraft Dungeons
Microsoft Flight Simulator (somewhat)

I know I'm missing a few things, but I'm on my phone and feeling a bit lazy to check around.

Unsold (for now, but hoping it changes):
Avengers

And right now I'm waiting for cool stuff shown but not fully sold on the Star Wars game. Knowing the devs, I know they can make awesome stuff, but what they showed was not the kind of action I'm most excited for these days, I guess.

Then there is the Zelda sequel, for which I would have been sold by the mere mention or even hint of existence. And then the extra bits we learnt sold me into it even more, but it's so early I didn't want to list it above.

Also, for games that were already announced, I was either already sold or not on them and E3 has changed nothing (except for the above mentioned Cadence of Hyrule).

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E3 unsold me on pokemon. But oddly sold me on some other titles I'd never thought I'd get.

Orange

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Charleston, South Carolina
Sold on Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal
Unsold on the new Star Wars game. Was hoping for a faster paced game from Respawn, pretty disappointed.
Cautious about Bloodlines 2 and the Outer Worlds, they look a bit rough.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Sold me on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and FF7 Remake. I really though FF7 was going to look rough but it looked a lot better than I could even imagine. Unsold? Probably Avengers. Flight Simulator I would buy no matter what so that's not really a sold/unsold option.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It unsold me on the rest of 2019, MHW:Iceborne is all I have to pick up for the rest of the year... Maybe Death Stranding if the reviews are good.

Unsold is a bit too much, but I was a bit disappointed by the trailer of Ori 2.
I really disliked the chasing parts with ALL THE EFFECTS on the screen, where you couldn't see shit and the time limit was far too tight. So I hoped they would cut down on that, but this trailer mostly showed chasing. That made me a bit unsure about the game, but I'm still looking forward to more of it, and I'm pretty positive, that I'll buy it nevertheless.

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of insane the amount of Watchdogs mentions in this thread, but I suppose era is gonna era.

Sold:

Watchdogs: Legion: this is probably the most a game has risen from announcement to reveal from any E3 for a while. I was completely skeptical that the concept would invite some amount of blandness but the extensive showing didn't really reek of any of that and it seems to offer up a variety of personalities that's encouraging.

FF7: I was already sold on it but its showcase floored me at how well they seem to have translated the spirit of the original and has gone from a game that I wasn't ready to buy day one to a near guarantee that I'll be there day one. Probably the game of the show within all the conferences.

Jedi Fallen Order: the reveal trailer was overall dull back in April but this is yet another game whose reaction is kind of baffling me (though the era bubble is really evident here I think). After all the mourning over Star Wars 1313 and the desire to revive it, here we have a game that seems to be delivering a cinematic third-person action adventure game in the Star Wars universe that 1313 was promising. The irony is that much of 1313's appeal was that it was an an Uncharted game in a Star Wars skin and production values, an idea which people found incredibly appealing, but is somehow now bland? Despite that it's the closest to 1313 and its clear inspirations from Uncharted and modern Tomb Raider, it seems like the level design is a lot more open ended and emphasize mobility a lot more than those games' earlier entries.

Battletoads: I quite enjoy the art style, the cartoon approach was the right one I think. Anything closer to the kind of pixel art of the original games might've been a bit clunkier. Looks like a lot of lighthearted fun.

Unsold:

Rainbow Six Quarantine: I went from sold to unsold in a matter of a couple minutes after briefly being enthralled by a horrifying and grotesque survival horror party that was crashed by another uninspired shooter with a multiplayer focus.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: It might be that I finished the first game very recently but I couldn't quite shake the feeling that for a game that's been in development for this many years it didn't appear to be all that much different from the first one. I'll admit that it was a brief trailer and I trust there will be some innovative abilities that we'll learn of soon.

Dying Light 2: After really capturing my attention last year with a meaty demo and a strong pitch by Chris Avellone, this year's trailer at Microsoft's conference hinted to a rather uninteresting protagonist. But most of all, after hearing a while ago that the game seems to be in a bit of development trouble, I found the Square conference to be concerningly brief and seemed to show a lot of footage that was already shared during last year's demonstration.

Outriders: This one hurts quite a bit and totally reflects a larger problem with this year's E3 which was yet another new IP announcement introduced merely by CGI. I learned really nothing concrete on the direction of this game and the initial impression it's trying to convey is surprisingly humourless from the creators of Bulletstorm.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Unsold: Shenmue 3. They really fucked the pooch in how they handled that Epic store deal.

Merex

May 31, 2019
Sold: Cyberpunk 2077, Jedi Fallen Order, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain, Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds
Almost sold: Watch Dogs 3, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Dying Light 2, Tales of Arise
Unsold: Shenmue 3, Avengers, Gears 5

Avengers and Gears 5 I'm mostly disappointed at the lack of gameplay shown.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sold:
Astral Chain
Watch Dogs Legion
Luigi's Mansion 3
Minecraft Dungeons

Unsold:
Jedi Fallen Order
FFVII Remake (the episodic model is not gonna work for me)

Need More:
Marvel's Avengers

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Unsold: Pokémon Sword

I was gonna rebuy a Switch just for Pokémon, but now that not all previous Pokémons will be transferable, I've completely lost interest.

Maybe they just had a bad showing so far, but i'm not feeling it. As of right now, i'm hoping to get it only after it's been reduced to like $20 at most.

Avengers:
I would have like to build my own hero instead

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Sold
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening (I'm getting used to that art, and the piecing together dungeons thing looks like it may be fun, but i need more info)
Unsold
  • Squenix Avengers game (What is it? They explained nothing, basically just showed some story stuff and bad costumes)