• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2019
I have an honest question: I still keep reading the "FHUTA" comment on threads like this across the interwebs. Is that generally still accepted? And here on ERA? Personally I wouldn't dare posting it but this thread has made me wonder...

OP
OP
J_Viper

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys are wild lol

I'm gonna let this one play out naturally. If it happens cool, if not also, cool.

You guys gotta remember, she lives in my building lol. It's not like this is a Bumble hookup I can play a bit more risky with because we'll probably never see each other. The chances of running into her again aren't too small, I gotta do this right.
Absolutely. Don't sweat the sex (sounds like you aren't.) Hell, you might actually make an acquaintance or friend out of it, or nothing at all. Sometimes just having a nice interaction with someone is enough, though. Also consider that from the sound of things, she's going through a transitional phase (even if it's just a move,) and there's no telling what her mindset, motivations, or needs are right now. Change can be tough.

Whatever the case, you made a net positive thread on Era. That's an accomplishment. :)
Could just be that time of the month, give it time, play it cool... next week after dinner time ask if she has a wine opener ;-)
In the end that's all that matters my friend.
Stay positive and enjoy your life :)
Hey, she gave you her number right? I mean, you are taking it good, not rushing or anything, but I wouldn't say "nothing else will come out of this"

Maybe you can call her someday and go out for a coffe?
❤️
Did the get the sex? If not, you didnt win brother. Only partial win.
I'll take my victories where I can, no matter how small
I have an honest question: I still keep reading the "FHUTA" comment on threads like this across the interwebs. Is that generally still accepted? And here on ERA? Personally I wouldn't dare posting it but this thread has made me wonder...
I'm afraid to look up what that term is

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty damn certain this ain't the type of thing that will become long-term.

So give us the damn details.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Sure wish I didn't google that at work. Based on the links I saw on the page for the second I had it opened, seems pretty NSFW lol

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, nope, that's just basic etiquette. When you get acquainted with a neighbor, they tell you where they live.

Feb 21, 2019
Dear lord, its like some of yall have never even spoken to a women before. For fucksakes, some of yall really need to learn to be cool.

She is interested in visiting and maybe more, but drinks/coffee to see whats what.

Edit: Saw what happened. Yup. Exactly.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
We really need the OP's update threadmarked somewhere.

I DID IT

asked about the noise, she told all she found out, said she had to leave but then invited me to go down the elevator with her,

Then she said we should have coffee some time, followed up with the digit request, and now I have her number

All in all, a success

Big thanks to you all for the advice and for providing an entertaining thread to read

For the new page.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tell her you need her to polish some wood for you. But make sure you bring actual 2x4 pieces of lumbar and some wood polish in case she takes you literally.

Oct 25, 2017
OP let this shit play out naturally. Which could take time. It could lead to sex, but she probably just wants to spend time with someone and have a good time.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Dang it with the bump! Where's that gif of the dude opening his fridge and walking away disappointed, lol.

Nah I'm messing around. OP's playing it cool, which is the right way to go.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Bumping as OP said Fri was deadline. Did the coffee date happen? Did you actually text her and make specific coffee plans?

shem

Oct 25, 2017
It was an invitation to be sociable. Not necessarily sex. Don't really want to read through 5 pages, have you talked with her yet?

Edit: Okay good you did it. I'm proud.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm gonna let this one play out naturally. If it happens cool, if not also, cool.

You guys gotta remember, she lives in my building lol. It's not like this is a Bumble hookup I can play a bit more risky with because we'll probably never see each other. The chances of running into her again aren't too small, I gotta do this right.

Bro, just like making this thread, you are way overthinking this.

Just do it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If OP did not get pussy yet so help me God this is becoming a Last Jedi thread

OP
OP
J_Viper

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

The answer is no fellas, but only because I was instead invited by two cute coworkers of mine to get drinks last night so I did that instead

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

Ive only poked my head in this thread a few times, but i can tell from this response that nothing is going to happen

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
You need to:

(1) not sleep with women in your parents' building;
(2) not sleep with people from work.

Like, are you trying to sabotage yourself? Ever hear the phrase, "don't shit where you eat?"

Anyway, I'll tag along now for the fallout.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

The answer is no fellas, but only because I was instead invited by two cute coworkers of mine to get drinks last night so I did that instead
Not trying to rush the situation, but if this person has options and you take too long, the trail will go cold. Text tonight or tomorrow just to say hey, how bout that coffee at the very least.

OP
OP
J_Viper

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
You need to:

Like, are you trying to sabotage yourself? Ever hear the phrase, "don't shit where you eat?"

Hey man, I'm innocent in all this, I'm just trying to play games alone in my room

Damn JV you a beast.
1256.jpg

Not trying to rush the situation, but if this person has options and you take too long, the trail will go cold. Text tonight or tomorrow just to say hey, how bout that coffee at the very least.
It's cool either way, I'm chill about the whole thing. I'd rather it not happen at all than come across as either too aggressive or pushy

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd rather it not happen at all than come across as either too aggressive or pushy

It's not aggressive/pushy to make a specific plan with a woman who may very well want to hear from you.
And if she doesn't, she won't respond or won't commit to a plan. Nothing lost, but 30 seconds to make a text message.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
You need to:

Life too short. OP not in a committed relationship, see where the road goes.

less

Oct 25, 2017
SMH at the coworkers thing....why do people do this. Work is work.

Because it has worked well sometimes.

It is tricky as hell but if you really like someone and can make it work you can have a pretty great relationship.

If OP wants to start something with a co-worker that is fine. But it doesn't seem like he is particularly interested in them? Seems like a leaf that will let the wind carry him where ever it wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.