• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 15, 2018
Asking for a friend

They started so strongly and then turned to shit.

I do like This Love too though. Everything else I've heard of theirs is utter trash

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly does seem like their first album was the one with good songs on it and everything since has just gotten increasingly repetitive from a lyrical standpoint.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I really love their first album and cannot get into any of their other albums whatsoever. Just a lot of solid songs Like "Sunday Morning" and "The Sun"

Oct 29, 2017
I only very recently found out Harder to Breathe is an M5 song. The rest of their output is so much worse to the point that straight up I thought it was an entirely different band.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i liked one more night

and sugar

and misery

to be fair i don't remember these songs, i had to look them up.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I mean back in the day Maroon 5 used to be amazing. Songs about Jane? So good.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Always wondered why they didn't even put a second album out. They just disappeared after Songs About Jane. I hope they come back one day.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I have a soft spot for She Will Be Loved only because I had poor taste as a teen and watched Smallville.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Songs About Jane was legitimately good. There's a reason they did 3 songs from it during their Super Bowl Half-time performance. Ever since they've been cranking out perfectly mediocre pop hits. One More Night is pretty good. Everything else is... fine.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Songs About Jane is actually a very good album.

Then they shifted sound almost completely with their 2007 album (which was still decent).

After that...man what the fxck happened.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
It's probably their best. I don't hate Maroon 5, but this is like asking which 90s Oldsmobile is your all time favorite. I mean, they even have "maroon" in their band name.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
A lot of brave souls here will pour in to reassure you (and themselves) that all Maroon 5 is trash.

Yeah. A lot of Maroon 5 is pretty bland and obnoxious but man, they showed a lot of promise in the early days. This Love and Harder to Breathe were pretty solid pop rock jams.

I would also add the jazzy pop tune Sunday Morning. Pretty solid.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Their first album was actually pretty decent (I have a soft spot for She Will be Loved) but they've been garbage ever since.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say their first album was legit a great pop album. Harder to Breath being the best from it. But they've hit the Em cycle. It's been on repeat since. You'll hear one of their songs every moon, enjoy it, but have no desire to listen to anything more.

CatSoul

Nov 7, 2018
Maroon 5 ranked:

1. Harder to Breathe
2. This Love
3. Makes Me Wonder
100. Girls Like You

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought their second album was good too but Songs About Jane was pretty good. Must Get Out is a jam

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their entire first album is excellent. She Will Be Loved is probably their best.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
One more Night will always resonate with me because I was in a relationship just like that at the time. We both realized it too when we heard the song and tried to be like 'well that's not US....'

OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
Maroon 5 ranked:

1. Harder to Breathe
2. This Love
3. Makes Me Wonder
100. Girls Like You

I forgot about that Makes Me Wonder song. I didn't mind it at all. You have great taste my friend. Perfect top 3.

If they continued making songs like those three they could have really made a great legacy for themselves. Instead we got Moves Like Jagger.

OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
Moves like Jagger is the only decent song by them.

9226.jpg

It's probably the trashest song released in the last 50 years

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't listened to any song off it in years but I'm pretty sure that first album is, like, straight up good.

Oct 27, 2017
Not a Maroon 5 fan but I've always liked She Will Be Loved

"She Will Be Loved" is actually still a great song. I remember hearing it in the early 2000's and it stuck with me as a humble track.

it's just that Maroon 5 have so very much ditched their original style/appeal for something so sterile and commercial... it's gross. I mean, they were never niche or diverse, but they could have at least tried to keep that same rock aesthetic from their first record.

fame, money, success, label appeal, radio appeal, etc really does matter in this day and age...but so does creating genuinely good art IMO