• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Can't seem to find a thread so just wanted to see if anyone made it. Who shall I talk to of my Starrett Combination square, my #4 Stanley or my yet to be even started workshop?

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Of course, but we had a thread, and regulars!

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Can't seem to find a thread so just wanted to see if anyone made it. Who shall I talk to of my Starrett Combination square, my #4 Stanley or my yet to be even started workshop?
I only posted on the old thread one time but I'll prob pop in from time to time if we get another going or if this ends up being it.

Just started getting into some hobbyist wood working a year or so ago but didn't really amass a lot of tools cause power tools are pricey as fuck.
I've decided to go the hand tool route cause I don't have a space for a large work table at my new apartment. Just bought aow angle block plane and some old refinished chisels. Next purchase will be some fancy planes and a decent hand saw to get started on practicing my joints. I literally can't wait

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Captjohnboyd have a look at mr Paul Sellers on Youtube if you haven't already. shows you wonders with no powertools at all.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I was a lurker and wondering the same thing. How can we survive with seeing the final product of TheCochese's work? Or GhaleonEB's dresser?

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Captjohnboyd have a look at mr Paul Sellers on Youtube if you haven't already. shows you wonders with no powertools at all.
I have one of saved videos (not sure if he's one I'll have to check) but I haven't watched anything lately cause it's making me too antsy for when I finally get all my tools bought. I still have to figure out a workbench situation cause I don't have any outdoor enclosed areas to put one and my apartment is super small and already filled with my girlfriends stuff. I started looking up some mobile or small apartment size workbenches and found a couple I liked so I'm probably going to try and make one within the next couple months. I'm so flipping excited to start working again I can't handle it. I miss my shed at my old house

Reick17

Oct 25, 2017

I've been watching Paul Sellers for a few years, and even have his book. As soon as I fix up my garage into a workshop, I'm going to start woodworking.

I'm absolutely a newbie, but I'm down for a DIY thread.

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
In the absence of a real thread maybe best to use this for now. Don't want to fracture our huge community lol.

Had good news the other day, a friend is moving near me and taking a couple of large wardrobes off my hands which will basically leave only a fish tank to sell before I can setup a workshop at home until I can arrange something more permanent. Can't wait.