• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi people,

I just want to ask you on your opinion on this matter.

It seemed to me that sony tried to somehow get through the the presentation as smooth as possible without pulling to much attention to the fact that PS5 is 2 TF weaker then XSX.
Is it just me or could i be right?

They had to get that information out somehow. So thats why they chose to put it out in a boring as hell presentation so that it would somehow get lost in the messaging.

Anyone?

Edit: I know that it was pesented as a GDC panel... Still putting some thought into the Topic wont hurt.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Nope, it was a GDC talk they couldn't do because you know why.

As a CS grad, I thought it was highly interesting.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
No, it was a presentation mainly directed at devs to inform them about the console's architecture.
What it was not was a console reveal for your average Joe. That one is coming later this year (Soony).

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Terrible take. Sony was always going to do this conference as it was regardless of what Xbox was doing. Also while Sony's machine is weaker on raw power, it does have an SSD advantage that i think first party games will take full advantage of.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
No it was a really interesting GDC talk that everyone mistook for an e3 press conference.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
No but they did spend most of their time focusing on the SSD and 3D audio because those are their bullet points. Of course they will talk about their strengths and just like magic now on the forums that's what they want their main supporters to talk about.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It was their GDC presentation. Not some exciting announcement stream.

While I do think they didn't set expectations correctly nothing in that presentation was beating around the bush, it just wasn't meant as some hype thing. And it also wasn't a reaction to what MS did, these things get planned way ahead.

I hate next gen news cycles.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
This gonna be locked, but in 1 hour of super informative talk about graphics, memory, audio, etc for developers, only the Teraflop number mattered?

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
no, not at all.. yes it was a dry, fairly uneventful presentation, but no they didn't beat around the bush.. clearly they don't have the TFlop to counter the xbx argument, so they talked about their strengths, which are many and varied.

If the warriors want to stop measuring their dick sizes, well that's not going to happen. Let the games decide which system is preferred by which gamer, not I must have this one because it's XXX better than yours...

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It was a GDC talk that they decided to share with the public. It was not designed for the public like a normal show, or even MS's spec unveil of the XSX a couple days earlier.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
OP, do you even know what a TF is and what 9, 10, even 12 TF means in the context of console performance?

I'm guessing no, because otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. Awful take.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think they wanted to spend more time going through more details of the system but the current climate we are in, forced them to scramble a little bit and do what they could. Near to e3 will be a much better showing of what they have.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It was a presentation for developers so it had to be long and technical. Also, I don't see how PS5 is obviously weaker (other than the raw TF number) when so many other subsystems appear to be stronger.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This is a late reaction thread and is not going to bring about new, worthwhile discussion at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.