• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
4 or 5 was for me where it really picked up and I noticed I was way more hooked.

I feel exactly like this. I had watched the first few episode and thought to myself it's okay, I don't understand the praise for this show. Then around halfway through, it clicked and I couldn't stop watching.

It's so fucking good. I found myself watching this shit at work one day. 🤣

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Can't do it. I need at least one person to root for to stay interested, but all I want for everyone on that show is toxic napalm death

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the first episode and it didnt click with me, but judging by this thread and my twitter feed last night I guess I need to give this show another shot.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't that into season 1 at all, but I caught season 2 because why not and while I haven't seen last nights episode, the entire season has been great so far. Just an alluring show.

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
For anyone who has watched both seasons: Is season 1 required to watch? From many of the comments, it sounds like S2 overshadows S1

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Season 2 elevates it so much. The finale even more.

Yes it's rich white people problems
But sopranos is rich white gangster problems
Doesn't mean you can't enjoy if it doesn't relate to you

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
It's uhhhh Gregory now so aaaa ya
That Ichabod Crane fuck.

For anyone who has watched both seasons: Is season 1 required to watch? From many of the comments, it sounds like S2 overshadows S1

Absolutely. And the back half of Season 1 is incredibly good too. Honestly it's just the first two or three episodes the show kind of has to find its footing. Once it does at episode 4 or so it never really lets up.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt really gravitate to Sopranos either. More of a Wire guy
I don't give much of a shit about the Sopranos, but Succession, as an extremely well-written show about terrible people making each others' lives awful through their own selfishness, works so well. It's not quite on the level of actually watching the poor eat the rich, but it's surprisingly cathartic on its own terms. It helps that it's drawing so much from Shakespeare's various power dramas about the rich and powerful, expertly weaving comedy in between the biting drama.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017

Season 1 is required. It takes a few episodes to learn the characters and set things up, but by episode 4 or so, season 1 is really good stuff. You'll probably immediately know when the show goes into overdrive in season 2.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
OP - thats a funny way of spelling Mr. Robot.

And while only its 2nd episode of its final season has aired, I will agree that its quite excellent
Yeah Mr Robot deserves so much more accolades. Succession is fun but Mr Robot is a goddamned masterpiece. I hope Esmail can stick the landing this season.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Sorry, but saved by the bell college years is no longer on.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's not even the best season of TV this year.

OP is the boar on the floor confirmed

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really Season 4 of The Wire was the best out of all those.

So TV peaked in 2006 confirmed.

I really can't decide I like them all. 4 is brilliant but the Wallace storyline in season one is something else as is the build up for Kima and the case as a whole is just fantastic. Actually I'd remove season 3, thinking back on it again I think I might prefer season 2 to it.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I only just started this, so I haven't read through the thread, but I'm excited

the production values and cast are already 10/10, and I'm only two episodes in

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man i cant motivate myself to watch this show. Just seems like rich white people problems.

I believe that's the point. I've only seen the first few episodes, working through it, but from my understanding its a bit of a black comedy on the super rich and just how incompetent they can be, pushing back against this mythology that we've built up in America that they are geniuses.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check this out, but I have a hard time believing any season of television could be better than Twin Peaks S3