• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gin

May 2, 2018
Season 2 Leftovers
Season 2 Hannibal
Season 4 12 Monkeys

For everyone who said these already - you have great taste
I look forward to checking out Succession

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Season two of Succession was really excellent. Better some legendary shows? I don't know about that and most delivered for a longer time (like The Sopranos)... But it can definitely hold its own.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
How far into the first did you get?

If you still didn't like it by episode 4 or 5 in season 1 then don't bother.
Completely agree. There was a noticeable tonal shift at that point. The first few episodes felt like "The Office", then suddenly the show found its feet and hasn't looked back since. Season 2 was nothing short of magnificent. If Shakespeare and Machiavelli had a threesome with "Dynasty", "Succession" would be the love child.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Since tt has become people recommending earth shattering GOAT tv... get past season 1 season of Bojack Horseman and you'll be absolutely awed by how much it maturely evolves into something both deeply heart breaking yet hilarious

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I've heard of this show before, I'll put it on my list when I'm done with all the other shows.

Also, Dark is incredible and I feel like I'm the only one that seen that show.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
It's great, but lol give me a break.

Recency bias is a hell of a thing I guess. It's not even in the same realm of quality of something like The Wire season 4.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
It's great but the best? Not even close.

Still, if it gets more people to watch the show, whatever.

Nov 9, 2017
Oh man, I envy you getting to watch ep 3 "Hunting" and ep 4 "Safe Room" ep 5 "Tern Haven" for the first time. One of my favorite 3 episode stretches I have ever watched.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
the concept of the show failed to hook me in when I heard about it (but then neither did Mad Men too and that ended up being amazing). but the growing hype online means I gotta check this out soon. plus it helps that the creator is a cowriter of Four Lions and Thick of It/In the Loop. some of the goat comedies of this century.

Nov 9, 2017
Just wondering if I read this correctly. In the Argestes episode, did Tom and Greg come up with the slogan "We hear, for you" and it was typo'd into "We here for you" for the signage at the presentation?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Just wondering if I read this correctly. In the Argestes episode, did Tom and Greg come up with the slogan "We hear, for you" and it was typo'd into "We here for you" for the signage at the presentation?

Yep. And, originally, it was going to be "we're listening" but legal made them change it since Waystar was actually listening in on people.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
It's getting a bit overhyped IMO, still pretty good tho.

#TeamConnor

ajqOENR.gif

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Totally agree OP. I was thinking the same thing last night. this show is underrated and one of the most phenomenal seasons of TV I have seen.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I gave the show a chance after the Emmys, and holy shit is it good. Season 2 is fucking fantastic and a step up from the already amazing first season. Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong better be getting some awards next year.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
This show has dethroned The Wire and Sopranos, and Mad Men. One more season as good as 2 and I will declare it better than The Walking Dead, thus making it the best show of all time.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
This show is very good and particularly the recent season 2 finale was superb and something I won't soon forget but best season of TV ever? I cannot agree with that.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Binged the show this weekend. It's a really kooky mix of serious drama and awkward-not-sure-if-it's-actually-supposed-to-be-funny humor. Like a toned down Arrested Development without the self-awareness.

Definitely not the best show or season for me, but definitely really entertaining, and nothing really quite like it out there.

But what about Fleabag
Most overrated thing on TV

The fuck? Well, i know what show i'm starting tonight. Is it THAT good?
I'm pretty sure the TWD mention means he's trolling.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
It's probably the best show on TV currently airing but no, the best season of TV is not going to be about a bunch of rich fucks and their inhumanity. It's not even the best season of TV some of the cast was in (that's one of the Rectify seasons).

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the best show on TV currently airing but no, the best season of TV is not going to be about a bunch of rich fucks and their inhumanity. It's not even the best season of TV some of the cast was in (that's one of the Rectify seasons).
Get real, it wasn't even the best thing airing on HBO for some of its run. The Deuce is significantly better television.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Always forgot about The Deuce.

Hmmā€¦ I might agree. The Deuce might be betterā€”and it's certainly morally fulfilling on a level that Succession is not in that it illuminates ideas, issues and perspectives that have been previously unheard/unarticulated in prestige TV and offers perhaps some instructive takeaways.

I'd hesitate to say Lodge 49 is better than Succession, but it also focuses on the ills of late capitalism and is more whole spiritually/morally because it actually focuses on the underclass.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Binged the show this weekend. It's a really kooky mix of serious drama and awkward-not-sure-if-it's-actually-supposed-to-be-funny humor. Like a toned down Arrested Development without the self-awareness.

Definitely not the best show or season for me, but definitely really entertaining, and nothing really quite like it out there.

Most overrated thing on TV

I'm pretty sure the TWD mention means he's trolling.
Oh, haha. Never watched that one.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, I just finished binging this shit.

Season 2's ending is incredible. Ken's arc over these 2 seasons has been fucking great, dude is by far the most interesting character.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, finished it.

Started out very slow and I just kept thinking "everyone is fucking horrible why should I care?" Man I hated Roman to start with, but he became my favourite, plus it was strange seeing family and especially siblings openly curse at each other, since my family you wouldn't dream of it lol

But then I got into the groove of things, see how the relationships were like and it really picks up, Brian Cox is amazing but everyone is top notch really.

As soon as Logan said to Ken "you need to be a killer" and then Greg went back with him, I called what he was going to do, it's what I hoped he would. Roll on season 3

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
the concept of the show failed to hook me in when I heard about it (but then neither did Mad Men too and that ended up being amazing). but the growing hype online means I gotta check this out soon. plus it helps that the creator is a cowriter of Four Lions and Thick of It/In the Loop. some of the goat comedies of this century.
Oh yes, Jesse Armstrong's writing comes really strong here and you can tell his political comedy comes through but also the cut-throat drama and power dynamics. The theme of generational abuse from father to children and toxic shame is ripe for counselling, no surprise there is a counselling episode. The level of metaphors and gross-out one liners of The Thick Of It is in full display here. So many memorable lines! If you want to see the Trump family's or any evil family/company's mechanics through Arrested Development, jump into the fuckery.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I just finished season 2 and well.... I really must say that this show doesn't get the attention it deserves because holy shit that was incredible.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, this show is really good. Just finished season 2 last night, what a hype ending. Thanks to the thread makers here, wouldn't have gave it chance otherwise. Have to wait for season 3 now :(

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Watched season one and couldn't get into it much. I didn't care about the characters. They were all just rich assholes.

Binged season two because of this thread and well, they're still rich assholes, but something clicked. I'm not sure exactly what it was but you could see hints of redeeming qualities shine through in everyone. Great season and great ending. Can't wait for season 2! Loved Logan's smile too when he saw what Ken did. He had created the killer he needed. I almost wonder if Logan and Ken had planned that heel turn together, since his investors specifically said they wanted Logan, but probably not