• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will we see game/hardware sales drastically slow down in 2020 due to XboxSeX?

• Yes

Votes: 105 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 472 69.1%
  • XboxSeX?!

Votes: 106 15.5%

• Total voters

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Idk, what does Microsoft have announced on the horizon for Xbox One? Just Halo Infinite?

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
Just because we now know a little bit of info about the next Xbox doesn't mean we suddenly can't enjoy what we have now. I'm still pumped for current-gen stuff like RE3, Cyberpunk, etc. I will continue to enjoy current-gen games until I have a next-gen console, and to do otherwise would be silly. As for people who have yet to buy a current-gen console, they're either waiting until the next-gen or taking advantage of the awesome deals going on right now, like a new One S for $150. THAT is an amazing deal even for a console that is halfway out the door.

You can't look at it as "what will be available in a year". It's better to think "what kind of experience can I have with what is out now for the money I can spend today?", and if you do that, buying a console at the end of its lifecycle suddenly becomes a great deal. You have 6 years of great content for fairly cheap, and the hardware itself has also become pretty affordable (as previously mentioned).

Imagine buying a new iPhone and now enjoying it because you know a new, better one is coming out in just one short year. You can't live like that.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think there will be a slow down but not a drastic one. Price carries a lot of weight for many buyers and fresh launch consoles can be successful but I think the long term is far bigger than anything you can expect at launch because demand seemingly spikes for the intermittent price drops.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
The wind was never in this gen's sails with it's shitty Jaguar CPU cores and shitacular storage speeds. At least the GPUs were decent.

The next gen seems to fix those glaring issues.... it only took 7 damn years.

DGEoPl3.gif