• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

did you change wrong answers to right answers when grading a classmates paper?

Cas

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lazy teachers would do this. I never cheated for my friends. I once misgraded one though and the kid cried really hard about it. Odd memory.

Oct 27, 2017
I sure did. That was how my buddy and I got through 7th grade English class. It wasn’t until 9th grade or that I understood the details of the subject (semi colons, participles, etc.).

Oct 25, 2017
It was just a Canadian public school.
Canadian public school here too. Depended on the teachers. I had some that did this all the time. Others that never did it. Teacher would collect all the papers and then pass them back out again rather than "pass to your neighbour" or whatever, so it was very unlikely to get the paper of one of your friends.

Never changed an answer for someone else. I don't think that it would have ever crossed my mine to change an answer for someone else. Why would I do that?

Oct 25, 2017
No, but I had a classmate who would yell "Good Job!" at me across the room when I got one right and "Sorry!" when I got one wrong.

rpm

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the 24th century
On multiple choice/true or false? Nah.
I had one or two English teachers that didn't even want to grade short response quizzes, and I remember being pretty lenient with those

TAJ

Oct 28, 2017
No, never.
I graded everyone's history tests in high school and I didn't even look at the names until I finished grading.

Oct 27, 2017
Never. Also, one of my daughters is a teacher aide for one of her credits and she grades a lot of papers for the teacher. She's been threatened by some of the students because "she failed" them.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've only been in one class where we would grade each others' tests and homework, but because the work we'd be grading is usually by the person seating in front or behind us and because we were friends, we'd usually "give ourselves pats on our backs" as it were.

Nov 26, 2017
No never. I would maybe overlook one or two wrong ones but never changed work.

There was a group of girls that would change my right answers to wrong ones or use a dark marker to mark over my correct answers. Really fucked up my education for a couple of years.