• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Jean Luc Pikachu

This entire time, that was his name.

View: https://twitter.com/OnTheDownLoTho/status/1548047202349490180?s=20&t=ea-vYc0ThONyY2CjRKcEVA

FXvEt2GUEAIE4Y-

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Calling Pikachu Jean luc is like calling a quarter pounder a royal with cheese. It sounds fancy but it's still mcdonalds

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know that was in the comic, though I heard it before I just thought it was like an inside star trek joke my friends made up.

Guess I'm dumb.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I had the first volume of this, and read the uncensored version later. It looks bizarre. Like if you showed me the two side by side with no context, I'd feel like the uncensored version was actually some dumbass making a bad photoshop.

The Pokemon ghost hunters and trying to catch a massive Haunter with a Pokeball truck, that I'm totally into though.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it was official. It was a comic adaptation of the cartoon

I thought Electric Tale of Pikachu is it's own thing. It had lots of weird stuff in it (especially on later chapter) even compared to the anime. It's based on the anime but then put it's own spin on it (mostly make it more shonen). I remember there was also a Guild-like system you typically see in fantasy games/manga.

Charizard is also fking massive, twice the size of Dragonite.

Pokemon Adventure are the one that I thought was considered "official", tho I guess more for the game than the anime.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I remember the Electric Tale of Pikachu..... I got them in an Easter basket when I was in middle school I think lmao

I had such a crush on that version of Misty. OTL

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
in one of them they stretch out ashes balls when charmander grabs them and pulls. its some weird shit

aminoapps.com

The Insanity of the Pocket Monsters Manga | Pokémon Amino

So I'm sure we're all familiar with the Pokemon Adventures Manga. But what if I told you there was

I'm gonna regret clicking on this.......it's taking forever to load I should click away.....

Okay it's loaded.

.......holy shit

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
James T. Pikachu will always be the best Pikachu. Or even Kathryn Pikachu. Jean Luc is the worst Piakchu.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
The pictures above read like that's from a time when not even the Pokemon creators knew what Pokemon really was and what the direction was in which it's going.

I would heavenly consider that not canon.