• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I mean Star Wars Episode 9

Looks better IMO. What were they even thinking with the vomit green shit originally...

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
*Episode IX
*The Rise of Skywalker

Looks fantastic though, the original was way too blue. Shame this likely won't get pressed to Blu-ray.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I was disappointed how they never show what happens when Rey meets Luke, and they just time skip, and he must have died between 7 and 8.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
You skipped the wrong movie.

Seriously though, great about the corrected colour, but that won't fix the atrocious story.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
They recolored it from the original theatrical? Or was the D+ version especially fucked up before?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Outside of the quality of the film itself (in this case: shit), I do find this a bit of a troubling move where the "fixed" version of a film is only available on streaming services and fuck everybody who bought the film.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer the more subdued lightning. The recolor is too strong for my liking.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I thought this was just a Disney+ issue? The Blu-ray release is the bad version too?
The theatrical version was the "bad" version too. For some reason they made it extremely blue in between making the trailers and the final theatrical version. What's on D+ matched more closely to what the trailers were.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Has the D+ version always looked like this, or was it recently updated? I have to wonder if the grade on the home video release was flawed to begin with.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If some of you aren't actually going to talk about the topic but instead of your opinion on the film itself you don't have to post, you know that right?

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of the quality of the film itself (in this case: shit), I do find this a bit of a troubling move where the "fixed" version of a film is only available on streaming services and fuck everybody who bought the film.

Great, so as a completionist does that mean I'd have to buy The Rise of Skywalker twice? If they released a fixed disc I would probably just sell off the old one.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
The Disney+ version of Infinity War has Banner describing Vision as a super-bot and not murder-bot in the DVD unless I'm misremembering. I guess Disney edits stuff before it goes to Disney+.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow, color grading has returned.
f0b7f71e6279af69a1d08840c59bbe97b2c46ae0.gifv

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
theres more they need to fix like the damn soundtrack

absolutely absurd that theres hours of music composed by john williams completely wasted. perhaps his magnum opus. and we'll never hear it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Disney+ version of Infinity War has Banner describing Vision as a super-bot and not murder-bot in the DVD unless I'm misremembering. I guess Disney edits stuff before it goes to Disney+.
You might be mixing up movies, he calls Ultron a murder bot in AoU. Which as far as I know is still in there.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.

Dude compared it to a screenshot from some third party website that messed with the color values, lol.

I've been wondering where these "blue/green tint" screenshots have been coming from! For months now, I've seen people saying that The Rise of Skywalker is overly blue, at least in the third act, and sometimes with screenshot proof. And it's had me confused because the movie on Blu-Ray and Disney+ has never looked as blue as the screenshots. A screenshot website having altered pictures for some reason would explain that. Maybe some weird attempt to convert HDR to SDR caused a blue tint? That just a (probably poor) guess.

The subtitle change is real, though. I don't know when the change was made, but Disney+ does have correct attribution for the Jedi voices while the Blu-Ray does not.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wondering where these "blue/green tint" screenshots have been coming from! For months now, I've seen people saying that The Rise of Skywalker is overly blue, at least in the third act, and sometimes with screenshot proof. And it's had me confused because the movie on Blu-Ray and Disney+ has never looked as blue as the screenshots. A screenshot website having altered pictures for some reason would explain that. Maybe some weird attempt to convert HDR to SDR caused a blue tint? That just a (probably poor) guess.
I watched TROS a few months ago and had the same thought that the color isn't nearly as egregious in motion as it is in stills.

It would be hilarious if the last year and a half of complaints about the color timing were all based on an erroneous screenshots site

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
disney doesnt even bother to alter some seizure inducing scenes in their movies (like incredibles 2 and rise of skywalker), so i highly doubt they would update something like color grading.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
disney doesnt even bother to alter some seizure inducing scenes in their movies (like incredibles 2 and rise of skywalker), so i highly doubt they would update something like color grading.

Incredibles 2 had its flashing scenes altered from how it was in the theatrical release. For the home disc release anyway. Not sure if it's the same on Disney+ or not.