• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultra Beasts?

• Hell yeah, and I hope we see more in new generations!

Votes: 161 30.2%
  • They were cool, but I don't care much if we don't see them again.

Votes: 140 26.3%
  • I didn't really care for them.

Votes: 143 26.8%
  • I hate them, they look like Digimon.

Votes: 89 16.7%

• Total voters

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Mixing Hawaii with aliens was such a weird vibe, but I really dug it. It was the one aspect of SM that I loved.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Ultra Beasts. They went nuts with the designs I can certainly appreciate that. Pokémon from another dimension was a neat concept that I hope the revisit someday.
Buzzwole is the best.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dislike them mainly due to how much the Alolan dex was filled with legendaries. On their own I'm rather indifferent to them, though I do love Poipole and Naganadel.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the desings but that they are considered legendary pokemon is a huge problem for me.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Some of them like Buzzswole, Guzzlord and Poipol are really dope and great Pokemon.

Some of them like Kartakana and Xircuitry are among my least favorite Pokemon designs ever.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Burn them all to a crisp. Make it so that they are remembered vaguely if at all by Gen 10. Erase them from history GameFreak! We already have fossil pokemon in sw/sh that seems more like failed DNA Digivolving attempt. Its all downhill from here!

/s kinda

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
They were hit or miss, but the ones that were hits were really good. <3 Buzzwole

As a general concept they're pretty good.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Absolutely some of the best designs in Alola and the second half of Pokemon as a franchise. Buzzwole, Celesteela, and Pheromosa in particular are some of my favorite designs from the franchise ever, I truly hope more UBs will come down the line, even if they dont get crazy stat spreads or insane abilities. I also dont think they look like digimon.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why they were left to the postgame for simple find and catch quests. They could've been weaved into the main campaign story a lot better than they were.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea behind them, but not the execution. More misses than hits imo.

I guess this is the best you can get with E rated eldritch horror.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Love their designs, but from a gameplay and plot standpoint their implementation left a lot to be desired. Them all sharing the same ability was a major bummer, and they didn't go quite as wild with their typings as I would've liked to see.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I like Pheromosa for reasons
200.gif

Feb 12, 2019
As someone who is also abundantly fond of the current gen's nightmare fossil Pokémon, you'd better believe I love how terrifying and weird most of the Ultra Beasts look.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They just look like they're from a different game, which might have been the point but I just don't care for them at all.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of human-looking Pokémon in general. They were hella useful in the Battle Tree though so they have some value.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Buzzwole is an amazing design...the rest are ehhhhh

Anyway are they supposed to be legendary Pokemon???? I don't even know anymore and that kinda erks me

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Some of the designs were interesting but should have been worked into a normal evolutionary tree instead (Buzzswole should have evolved from a skinny dork larva, etc).

Mostly though they detracted from the game. Alola was already light on new Pokemon so making so many of the few there were into single stage post game legendary Pokemon hurt the game a bunch.

Dexit also means these are the first candidates to be not included each generation, so no sense becoming attached.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
a cool but messy idea. It was very clear from the get-go they weren't going to ever show up again haha, they were weird even for Pokemon description standards.

Shame the definitive edition of the game removed the only good part of og Sun/Moon in which a human merges with an Ultra Beast, that was a genuinely good idea

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i really like the idea that most Ultra Beasts are actually normal pokemon in their home dimensions, including evolution lines that we simply can't access due to lacking things from their homes

for all we know, Buzzwole and Pheramosa have the same pre-evo

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They were fine, but I don't really like when the franchise introduces so many new "special" Pokemon compared to new "normal" ones in a generation, which SuMo was clearly the worst offender for.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
From my personal preference , some designs are do not have that Mr Ken Sugimori 's touch

they are still cool looking monsters but as long as it was designed by Mr Sugimori and Mr Hitoshi Ariga , i will scream like a fanboy

P.S loving Rookidee + Corvisquire + Corviknight

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I did like then for going out of the pokemon design mold.

And they'll be back by dlc pack 4: Scepter dimension.