• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

So did you use it? Be honest.

• Yes. Ain't nobody got time for roaming shit.

Votes: 541 72.7%
  • No. I'm a filthy hoarder.

Votes: 203 27.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
HardRojo

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah, on Mewtwo. Then some legendary in one of the later games because I wanted to get the right nature. You should really be able to retrain a Pokemon's nature. Nature RNG (and EV training) is one of my least favorite aspects of the series.
Yeah it sucks, fortunately GF has been making things easier with each entry and it seems that trend will continue.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
Used it always on the hardest and/or most annoying legendary to catch. That's what it's there for haha. Dealing with one less legendary dog running from my face every time I see it is worth any price.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The poll options aren't perfect for the thread title. I used it back in the day when I didn't know any better -- I haven't used it lately. Given that the thread title is did you... yes, I did.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
In gen 1 I used the pokeball while holding down + A. The internet told me it would work when I was a kid. ;(

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My first use was on a Rhyhorn in Pokémon Silver. When I played Blue I used it on Mewtwo. Everything else, I couldn't tell you. I know I used them a few more times, and now I'm a hoarder, but I don't remember what they were used on.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Red: I used it on Mewtwo
Yellow: I used it on Mewtwo
Silver: I used the duplication glitch and used in all three beasts
Ruby: I used it on Latios
Firered: I used it on Suicune
Diamond: I used it on Mespirit
Platinum: I used it on Cresselia
White: I used it on Thundurus
White 2: I didn't use it
X: I didn't use it
Omega Ruby: I didn't use it
Sun: I didn't use it
Ultra Sun: I didn't use it
Let's Go Pikachu: I used it on Mewtwo

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
I usually used it on Mewtwo (Pokémon Yellow). Once I was trying to play hardmode, which isn't really an option. But my rules were to only play with Pikachu, except where I had to use other pokémons for HM moves, and only pokéballs.

So I'm faceing mewtwo. After a lot of tries I got him with a regular pokéball. Greatest gaming achievement ever.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Yes to capture freaking Raikou on pokemon Crystal. Those stupid things kept running away and I was pretty mad, no regrets.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we are talking the older games, I duplicated that shit.

Since then, yeah I used it. On whatever legendary was proving to be a nightmare.