• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
It came at night in Europe so nope. Also, just webnovel? Ehh... looks like Papa Bandai still didnt give Digimon allowance lol

But lots a teases for new Digis.

Loogamon's early lines:

1676172084812770.png

They announced new Bracelet lines featuring birds/angel, in which we get 2 new angels, Rookie Luxmon & Ultimate/Perfect ArchAngemon
Luxmon.jpg
Archangemon.jpg

And the webnovel teasers feature mons similiar to Commandramon line.
1676177852450137.png
90c328e789f2c0959cc4e56687a81e3b_S0iX2mTsbRNzC6mFcagGG_5cNcaLG3gV.jpg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty solid Digimon con. Shame no new anime or game news. The new light novel looks cool and it's interesting that they're already adding a third prototype mon.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Well tbf Dorumon and Ryudamon debuted 20 years ago or so, so maybe they werent hasty lol

Still, we are also getting stuff on Crack Team, another basically forgotten thing that hasnt really gotten major stories.

New mons lately also seem to have been adding "missing links" which is appreciated. Too bad no news on games or the movie.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well tbf Dorumon and Ryudamon debuted 20 years ago or so, so maybe they werent hasty lol

Still, we are also getting stuff on Crack Team, another basically forgotten thing that hasnt really gotten major stories.

New mons lately also seem to have been adding "missing links" which is appreciated. Too bad no news on games or the movie.
Yeah, how's that 02 movie coming along? Haha

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, how's that 02 movie coming along? Haha
Absolutely no new info since last time so uhhh lol

But yeah, either there are big problems or they are planning to show it in another anime con. Digimon Con is relatively new thing, so they might not have planned to get info for it. Hell, last year they missed out on Survive's release date, and announced it just month later.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I finally ordered a vital Bracelet BE. I'm getting it with the Gammamon BE DIM and the Dynasty of the Evil DIM. What am I in for?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Playing Survive has made me want to watch all the anime seasons.

Looked it up on Crunchyroll and there was only like 3 shows and they were all newer ones (in Australia if that matters).

How am I meant to watch them?

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017

Looked it up on Crunchyroll and there was only like 3 shows and they were all newer ones (in Australia if that matters).

Sorry this might not be much help but I'm only seeing Adventure and Adventure 2 being on apple tv in Australia and not much else for other series. I know in the us most of the earlier shows are on Hulu but I don't think they're on star or whatever the non us part of Disney plus that has Hulu content is called.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

US Hulu has the dub of the first four seasons, but that doesn't help you, unfortunately.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Sorry this might not be much help but I'm only seeing Adventure and Adventure 2 being on apple tv in Australia and not much else for other series. I know in the us most of the earlier shows are on Hulu but I don't think they're on star or whatever the non us part of Disney plus that has Hulu content is called.
I just searched it on Apple TV and while the banner shows the original Adventure it only shows season 3 and 4 as available (Tamers/Frontier I think?)

Crunchyroll has Appmon, Ghost Game and the Adventure remake.

So that's a good amount available at least.

Wanted to watch those first two seasons though lol

Edit: I'm not subbed to Apple TV and unsure how it works but it shows season 3 as costing $50 so I'm unsure if it's just purchase only anyway lol

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
I just searched it on Apple TV and while the banner shows the original Adventure it only shows season 3 and 4 as available (Tamers/Frontier I think?)

Crunchyroll has Appmon, Ghost Game and the Adventure remake.

So that's a good amount available at least.

Wanted to watch those first two seasons though lol

Edit: I'm not subbed to Apple TV and unsure how it works but it shows season 3 as costing $50 so I'm unsure if it's just purchase only anyway lol

Yeah it looks like you're right it's Tamers and Frontier and it wouldn't be to stream but to purchase from itunes. Sorry about that. Looks like your only option for streaming is newer shows.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So Ghost Game has ended and i must say it was kind of disappointing, really feels like there were some cuts done

There is the fact that Arcturusmon (Gulus Mega) nor the fusion Proximamon were never used, is just very confusing having the final antagonist be a very strong Ultimate (even if he was very cool)

The reveal that there is some threat from outer space (was there even Aliens in any Digital World i thought they were kind of expansive but enclosed spaces) except "lol it will be there in 2000 years" was so random as did the Black Digimon reveal and the fact that there is going to be a 3rd world for both Digimon and Humans

Also it was never explained how or why Gulus became Gammamon complete with a new personality, legit most believed that Hokuto (Hiro's dad) did something only to reveal that he found him already like that

What was even the point of Hiro keeping Moon=Millinimummon is all it does was sleep

I must say i really liked the series especially after whatever the Adventure remake tried to do but is annoying that it ended like that, wish that a second series or movie were announced but since Toei has been obsessed with making Adventure movies i doubt it will happen

Last edited:

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
....that was it? That's the ending?
This is so weird. They had something very good going on and didn't make use of it.

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
Nice to see the talk about the GG ending. I only made it to episode 17 before letting myself fall behind. Just like Adventure:, I was so happy with the deep cut Digimon selection and how they used them, but I just felt like the story didn't reach its full potential. Admittedly, I obviously haven't watched most of it so I'll eventually soak it up and form a real opinion.

As someone who continued on through the post-Frontier age of uncertainty, I'm torn because I'm very happy we're getting more content but I think I liked Appmon more than the last two anime—but I had issues there too. Seems like nothing recent checks both boxes for me: relatively strong narrative (or at least core characters, I'm not too picky since this is a franchise aimed at kids/young adults) plus depth of lore references/Digimon usage.

That said, I'm pretty stoked for Seekers. I read through the .hack novels a few months ago and have been finishing up the Tenchi Muyo light novels—I think both are good examples of taking a franchise and adding unique elements only possible in fiction. Looking forward to it!

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So funny stuff, there was some news that revealed that Toei and Bandai worked separately on GG with Bandai adding new evos beyond what was originally planned, Regulusmon was always the final antagonist which is probably why both evos had the "hypothetical" part be emphasized in their descriptions

Still doesn't take away the feeling of how rushed the ending was

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
Recently found out about the TV Anime Sound Edition of Hacker's Memory and have been playing the PC version of Hacker's Memory with a mod that does something similiar. The songs from the anime really do make a difference towards my enjoyment and I can't imagine playing Hacker's Memory any other way now.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know Ken was voiced by Arthur Lounsbury. He's quickly becoming a favorite voice actor of mine with his role as the current Yu-Gi-Oh protag.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I see Last Evolution is finally getting released in the UK in a few weeks. Do I need to watch Tri or read up on it, or is Last Evolution standalone?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I see Last Evolution is finally getting released in the UK in a few weeks. Do I need to watch Tri or read up on it, or is Last Evolution standalone?
Last Evolution Kizuna barely follows up on Tri; it's more of a followup to Adventure and Adventure 02. I can only remember one or two minor references to Tri in it. You're safe to skip Tri if you want to (though I do think it still has enough good moments in it to justify watching it... even if it's mostly pretty mid).

Kizuna's pretty good though, so definitely watch that.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Last Evolution Kizuna barely follows up on Tri; it's more of a followup to Adventure and Adventure 02. I can only remember one or two minor references to Tri in it. You're safe to skip Tri if you want to (though I do think it still has enough good moments in it to justify watching it... even it it's mostly pretty mid).
I'll jump straight to Last Evolution then may watch Tri in the future.
I need to rewatch 02 though- aside from watching the first like 3 or 4 episodes on DVD when it came out over here, I've not watched it since it first aired, so I'm a bit hazy on what happens in the later half.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am. Looking at the seat reservations only 4 other spots are taken at my theater, and I bet at least 1 doesn't show. Gonna be a fun time for me and the (as of this morning) BlitzGreymon on my DMC.

I just checked any my theater will be ~20 strong. There is a row of 7 that has been booked up for a while so I'm guessing it is a party.

Should be a fun atmosphere.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like there'll be nearly 40 people at my theater in total tonight. Damn, I honestly wasn't expecting that many people in my neck of the woods lol

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked any my theater will be ~20 strong. There is a row of 7 that has been booked up for a while so I'm guessing it is a party.

Should be a fun atmosphere.

That's a pretty good size for a Wednesday showing of an incredibly niche anime movie.

Looks like there'll be nearly 40 people at my theater in total tonight. Damn, I honestly wasn't expecting that many people in my neck of the woods lol

I would never have expect this amount. Granted the only anime movie I've seen in my theater that had people really showing up was Jujutsu Kaisen Zero, and maybe Kiki's Delivery Service during this last Ghibli Fest. But I'm glad it's getting numbers in other places.

I also checked and tomorrows subbed showing has no seats reserved, if I had remembered I had Friday off I might have gotten tickets for that one instead.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Credits are rolling. I'm a little mixed on it, but I still enjoyed it overall, though maybe not as much as Kizuna. Definitely had some fucked up moments, lol

Very, very surprised at the turnout at my theater. I wound up getting the last TCG promo pack. There are lots of people here.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Theater was packed, but that was so disappointing.

Edit: Also, a trigger warning to those seeing it, child abuse is a major plot point.

Last edited:

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
Lui and Ukkomon plot felt like it would have been right at home in Ghost Game honestly.

The ad for the vital hero also made me laugh, as if bandai didn't just release it to die and hasn't even released more localized dim cards since the initial ones.

Last edited:

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
The release date is on the 30th here, and I'm not even sure if the local cinema is going to get it. Probably not.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that really was the Lui movie featuring minor appearances by the 02 kids 😔
I think that's my biggest disappointment with it. It's not even that I didn't like Lui or his story-- I did. I just was hoping the 02 crew would finally get a chance to shine in their own movie, but... they didn't. They felt like more of a supporting cast than the focus of the story.

Hopefully the next one does them better, but I'm expecting it to go back to focusing on the 01 crew. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though.

Last edited: