• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yh true!
Just saw growlmonx... Looks like bad fanart.

Had to look it up (I can never keep up with new designs...)

Growmonx.jpg

It's not a bad design, but yeah screams of "fake".

Sx-42.jpg

Card art looks much better (didn't even know the TCG was still going in Japan! ...I miss that art...)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So is the cut off Frontier since thats when the anime first "died"? :d

For me at least, yeah I think so. The cards kept going and then manga and Pendulum stuff started introducibg a bunch of new guys. Even when I started playing Digimon Heroes! I was sitting there thinking "I don't know half these guys :x" But yeah anything X-Antibody related, I never followed the stories and stuff on, so I've never been too familiar on them.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
For me at least, yeah I think so. The cards kept going and then manga and Pendulum stuff started introducibg a bunch of new guys. Even when I started playing Digimon Heroes! I was sitting there thinking "I don't know half these guys :x" But yeah anything X-Antibody related, I never followed the stories and stuff on, so I've never been too familiar on them.
Literally the cutting point then. Frontier was 2002 & X-anti stuff was 2003.

It is true Digimon numbers has increased much slower since early days.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone looks right, except Ken.

Agreed. The ONE thing I liked in the epilogue was that he kept growing his hair out. Yamato's hair looks good, I like Miyako's like matching Hawkmon, Jou is finally a doctor, and Daisuke... is doing martial arts?? No ramen cart business ideas yet? :p At least 02 are not shoved under thr rug. Promising??

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
02 lives. Getting official anime megas for Hawkmon & Armadimon might be too much. Wormmon wouldn't get separated either.

But back to Vamdemon X, its lore says this: "Its face and body are artificial, and its true form lies within its cape. It appears as though it has arms, but these are dummies. The internal structure of its Digicore has been enhanced, allowing it to exhibit its full power even during the daytime. Its Special Moves are wrapping the enemy in its cape and turning them into a bat (Vampire Theory), and piercing them with the claws on its cape and absorbing their data (Bloody Drain)."

Vamdemon X's body is total fake and its real form is its cape. Yup.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So long Digimon Links, you had some awful gameplay mechanics :/ I collected those free stones every day, had over 3000, and was hoping that "any day now" there would be some fun rare rolls going back up. Nope! I stopped playing a loooong time ago and just did free rolls :/

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Oh how I had hopes for Digimon Links. I stubbornly didn't quit it.

But with the way game went, its probably for the best.

(40% AoE Sleep is really awful)

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking hyped for Digimon Survive

There are so many great games still to be released for Ps4 and this is my most anticipated

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is Tamers sub streaming somewhere? I thought it was still on crunchy, but of course it's not.

The first 3 seasons WERE all on Netflix, but that was many years back till it got taken down :/ Was nice while it lasted... Not too many legit ways to watch Digimon subs, period, with only a couple seasons streaming on Crunchy.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna

The way the posters are set up, I feel like this could work as a series. Like Last Evolution X, Last evolution Y etc. Tbh this movie will be really cramped with characters if it's not a series, but that doesn't tell about its quality just yet.

Does anyone think it would be as bad as Tri?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I doubt these will get released outside of Japan. But as the blu-ray will be sold to backer, it'll probably be ripped.
I'm pretty excited about the Angemon GEM figure they announced .
!

*There will be no domestic (Japanese) sales of this Angemon figure. It will be limited to the Memorial Story Project only. There are plans for overseas sales.

Huh? So in Japan you can ONLY get it from this crowdfund, but global people can get it elsewhere? As a complete Digimon GEM collector (cause I hate money) I reallllly hope that they keep their word on this! Campfire doesn't allow global rewards, usually :/

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? So in Japan you can ONLY get it from this crowdfund, but global people can get it elsewhere? As a complete Digimon GEM collector (cause I hate money) I reallllly hope that they keep their word on this! Campfire doesn't allow global rewards, usually :/
Yep, it happens regularly in Japan where figures will be exclusive (or variants of them) to the manufacturers website but they will have a normal release in the west. First time I've seen it with crowd funding but I doubt they'll renege on it. Sucks for the people in Japan though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, it happens regularly in Japan where figures will be exclusive (or variants of them) to the manufacturers website but they will have a normal release in the west. First time I've seen it with crowd funding but I doubt they'll renege on it. Sucks for the people in Japan though.

I wish this Campfire was also on Kickstarter/Indiegogo, cause I would've wanted some of those goodies :x So yeah not fair all around... I wonder where it would be sold? Not many domestic stores online that aren't based out of Japan. Crunchyroll... Tokyo Otaku Mode... maybe Amiami global? (since Amiami jp carry stuff not available globally).

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish this Campfire was also on Kickstarter/Indiegogo, cause I would've wanted some of those goodies :x So yeah not fair all around... I wonder where it would be sold? Not many domestic stores online that aren't based out of Japan. Crunchyroll... Tokyo Otaku Mode... maybe Amiami global? (since Amiami jp carry stuff not available globally).

Well it depends on which distributors get them. EU distributors didn't get the Black Wargreymon digivolving spirits but BlueFin in the USA did for example, it won't be a store exclusive since besides AmiAmi they don't actually buy the products direct from Bandai & AmiAmi do get exclusive products , even in Japan other than bandai/megahouse websites they're the only ones usually selling things. They've also done worldwide figure releases for products they didn't have the rights for in Japan. The wording makes it seem like it'll be available through distributors though. I have a friend in Japan so I'm just going to wait to see the price difference since I want some of the merch but not all of it & the postcard might not be included in the worldwide release.

Also, at least it's not Beelzemon Precious Gem level money ~_~ . Megahouse have been going crazy with their pricing with the precious line.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Well it depends on which distributors get them. EU distributors didn't get the Black Wargreymon digivolving spirits but BlueFin in the USA did for example, it won't be a store exclusive since besides AmiAmi they don't actually buy the products direct from Bandai & AmiAmi do get exclusive products , even in Japan other than bandai/megahouse websites they're the only ones usually selling things. They've also done worldwide figure releases for products they didn't have the rights for in Japan. The wording makes it seem like it'll be available through distributors though. I have a friend in Japan so I'm just going to wait to see the price difference since I want some of the merch but not all of it & the postcard might not be included in the worldwide release.

Also, at least it's not Beelzemon Precious Gem level money ~_~ . Megahouse have been going crazy with their pricing with the precious line.

Bandai at least has Bluefin as their western distributor. Does Megahouse even have one.

...i broke teh wallet buying motorcycle devil :/ After 3 weeks and only Big in Japan had it up at the best price (darn "pay it right away"), so I nabbed it so I could work on expenses. Of course then like 2 days later, Crunchyroll and Tokyo Otaku Mode put it up -_- Just not my luck...

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up, more Digimon X-antibodies will be revealed tomorrow for V-Pet X3 Yellow & Blue's pre-order information reveal.

We already got Gankoomon X today.

Gankoomonx.jpg

Numemon X being a thing makes me hopeful for more good designs.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
And here it is:
digimonx3_6_september19_2019.jpg

New X Digimon are:
Terriermon X, Lopmon X, Keramon X
Siesamon X, Meramon X, Pegasusmon X, Wizardmon X
OmegaShoutmon X, Cyberdramon X, Monzaemon X, RizeGreymon X, Angewomon X
Rapidmon X, Justimon X, Phoenix/Hououmon X, Cherubimon Virtue X, OphanimonX
Gankoomon X, Examon X

There are also 4 mystery Digimon not announced yet. Speculations are that they are Pumpkinmon's upcoming Mega from ReArise, Blucomon's Mega that hasn't been revealed yet(from Chinese game Encounters) & and Mega++(lol) which are likely based on story of Royal Knights vs 7 Demon Lords.

Oct 25, 2017
Wizarmon X is my favorite of the ones we've gotten designs for so far, but I'm happy to see representatives from so many different eras of the franchise.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Japanese Linkz lasted more than 3 years, while global Links lasted 1 & halfish, 9 months. I had initial good thoughts on Links, but honestly it went down the drain. Rearise might be better, but we'll see...

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing rearise for the past couple of days, it's pretty grindy but at least it has a story, I'll probably play it for that. The premium currency is ridiculously priced though, a guaranteed pull is like £60 which is above the price of a AAA game at launch.