• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine they'll rewrite portions like the "Bakemon" error, but yeah typesetting and stuff like the pop quiz answers being straight up wrong would be nice to fix.
Uhhh is aguemon (?) supposed to be that fat?? That's hilarious, I want it lol
Lol yeah, it's pretty cute. If anyone just wants to buy RoundAgumon or friends, Squishable makes them. You can get them off their site or places like Amazon.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm hoping the PC version is at least moddable enough to edit the script. It'd be cool to get rid of the bad dub names like "Creepymon" and "King Drasil".

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't the Sistermons DLC too? I could be remembering incorrectly.

Anyway both games took me like 70 hours and I have no desire to replay either now, but I hope others enjoy them. My original game vita save got corrupted, rip.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah was replaying that one a few weeks ago actually. Booting it up though I noticed it's a good few years old now and at the time they had planned to alternate between them and cyber sleuth type games. If that's still the plan I guess another would be next in line
They've already mentioned they're doing a bigger Story game next, so I wouldn't count on another World for a while.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish i could just buy the first game on Switch first before jumping in for both games - kinda hate how publishers always bundle these games so they can charge a higher price.

Gonna have to wait for a sale in like 6-9 months i guess.

Then again - judging from some posts in this thread Hackers Memory might not be as bad as i thought....for some reason my memory of its reception was alot worse than for the first game.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Still no Steam page up...... Why would they announce it for Switch and PC with an October 18th release date if they aren't both out same day.....

EDIT: Just read that this is typical BandaiNamco to put up the page when it's actually released. PHEW!

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing some people get their hands on the game a little early. Any word on if the Switch ports are good yet, and if the original English localization typos are still present?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Steam version is out. I was worried at first because the game loaded in windowed 720p, but you gain access to the options menu once you choose whether to play CS or HM.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like even my old ass PC can run it easily.
Buying it as soon as I get home.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Man I randomly checked it out on Steam and seen it up I SCREAMED. I beat CS on PS4 years ago and was obsessed. Excited to beat it again and then play HM. If you've never played CS/HM then I highly suggest buying it. 50 USD for two fantastic turn based RPGs is good.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm really pleased that not only are there Steam achievements for both games, but you can even view achievement progress. There are modern games that still don't use that part of Steamworks for some reason.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
How is the endgame content in these games? Like optional super bosses or the like.

Anything that will actually challenge you to collect a lot and put together an ace team?

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is the endgame content in these games? Like optional super bosses or the like.

Anything that will actually challenge you to collect a lot and put together an ace team?
With DLC, you have super boss fights with two seperate teams of super Digimon, the Royal Knights, and... I don't remember what the other group are, Deadly Sins?. Deadly Sins were originally DLC fight. Beating Royal Knights actually unlocked them iirc for evolution purposes, and the structure of the fights differ. This is for Cyber Slueth.

Don't know about Hacker, I didn't get far. It did let you bring over your Digimon as well as Field Guide completion over once you beat it.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
So now Cyber Sleuth has access to Hacker's Memory Digimon? Is that the major difference?

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Can I jump straight into HM? I beat the first one way back on the Vita but is there anything I'm missing out on by not replaying it on PC.

Nov 14, 2017
Can I jump straight into HM? I beat the first one way back on the Vita but is there anything I'm missing out on by not replaying it on PC.
Yes, the first menu after the title screen lets you choose which game to play. However, this version of CS has the Digimon and mechanics added to HM, if an altered experience interests you. I also believe I read that you can transfer your field guide progress to HM so that you don't have to start all over.