• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/2...ppears-to-have-been-delisted-in-north-america

digimonstorycybersleuth.jpg

People heading to the North American PlayStation Store in search of a digital copy of the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth may find themselves disappointed. It appears the game has been delisted from the store. If someone searches for "Digimon Story" on the storefront, all that comes up are the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita versions of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. The apparent delisting was first discovered by people on the PlayStation Vita subreddit.

The game has a physical PS4 version in the Americas, but an English physical Vita version was only released in Asia, and is long out of print. The sequel/midquel, as shown above, is still available digitally.

Update:
Looks like the game is gone in Australia, too.

It's on sale right now in Europe for 7/10 Euros, so if you're interested in the game, now is probably the time to buy.

Last edited:

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played the 2nd one yet (not sure I ever will) but I thought it -wasnt- actually a sequel?

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird. I can't think of anything in the game that would cause this. Is there some oddball contractual thing going on?

witchedwiz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have both of em and I still have to play either..
Life sure is filled to the brim with stuff to do (and with good games)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks god I bought the digital version on vita and a physical edition on ps4.

What saddens me is that I could never get my hands in the theme that came with the preorder, a friend who shares his account with me has it and is perfect

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
That's a shame. It's one of the best Digimon games.
Strange that it's no longer available digitally.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hate when stuff like this happens. An entire game just isn't available anymore.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
If someone buys the physical version, will the DLC still be available?

Good thing I already finished this game. Was really good btw.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Holding my physical Digimon copies tighter in my arms than before. I'm really curious why this happened specifically to Digimon. Isn't Digimon even an IP of Bandai specifically?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
This sounds like a temporary thing that happened for weird reasons, and not an actual thing that Bamco planned to happen.

Unless they're planning to bundle the two games together or something like that.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, weird. Maybe they want people to focus on buying the slightly less good Hacker's Memory? Lol.

Either way, I've got physical copies of both.

Holding my physical Digimon copies tighter in my arms than before. I'm really curious why this happened specifically to Digimon. Isn't Digimon even an IP of Bandai specifically?
Yeah, Bandai has been involved with the series from day 1, as they produced the original keychain devices.

If I had to guess, they probably delisted to the game due to expiring licensing with some of the in-game advertising, as there's quite a few real world brands that you can come across. Sounds weird to think about, given that Hacker's Memory has the same stuff in it, but you know how Japanese companies can be with their licensing deals.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I adored the first a lot! I'm a huge digimon fan, way more than I'm a Pokemon fan and Cybersleuth was a total delight to play to see all my favorites in a modern digimon game on the PS4, I even got all the 7 demon lords and all the holy knights and such.

I never played the second one because I got told a lot it's a lot of the same with the same dungeon's recycled.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like a temporary thing that happened for weird reasons, and not an actual thing that Bamco planned to happen.

Unless they're planning to bundle the two games together or something like that.

I mean, I'd love to see the two games bundled together. And add all of the new Digimon and features to the original.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I, for one, want to believe that this is because they're about to announce their next PS4 game.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
It's an okay game. I played it mostly to get my Persona fix while waiting for 5 to come out. Would be a shame to see it get erased digitally; the game does have its charms.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
it'd be nice if they pulled it to release an updated version with a better localization, that's what made me bounce off the game more than anything else

but yeah I'm guessing clerical error or something