• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
PhKhC2e.png

ev0Yo4E.gif

Release Date: 12/14/17 (JP), 1/19/18 (WW)
Platforms: PS Vita, PS4
Language: Japanese audio,English and German text on international release
Producer: Kazumasa Habu (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Digimon World: Next Order -International Edition-)
Studio: Media Vision (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Wild Arms series)
Character Designs: Suzuhito Yasuda (Digimon World: re:digitize, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Devil Survivor series)
Composer: Masafumi Takada (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Danganronpa series)
wdIG5lO.gif

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory is a story about "the other side of Cyber Sleuth". Set during the same time as the events of the first game, it shows a deeper dive into the society of hackers compared to the original game. The protagonist is an ordinary person, not a hero destined to save the world, who is dragged into things when their account is hacked and they are framed for a cyber crime. In order to track down the criminal who framed them and altered their account data, they join the hacker group Hudie.

tyERSf7.jpg

wsWoKcs.gif

Protagonist (Keisuke Amazawa): An ordinary person who was framed after his account was hacked. He joins the hacker group Hudie in order to clear his name and find out who is responsible for setting him up. Voiced by Ryota Asari.
305px-Amazawa_keisuke.jpg

Erika Mishima: The game's heroine, she is a shut in described as a genius hacker who can link her mind with EDEN and hack the network, which she awoke to after a mysterious event in the past. Her partner is Wormmon, who is also the mascot for the hacker group Hudie. Voiced by Yui Ogura.
344px-Mishima_erika.jpg

Ryuuji Mishima: The leader of Hudie, and Erika's older brother. He invites the protagonist to join the group. His partner is Cyberdramon. Voiced by Yuichi Nakamura.
277px-Mishima_ryuji.jpg

Chitose Imai: The "mood maker" of Hudie, he is sociable and is a hacking genius who creates his own tools for information warfare. His partner is Ankylomon. Voiced by Yuuki Ono.
347px-Imai_chitose.jpg

K: A mysterious hacker who is also interested in tracking down the criminal who hacked the player's account. Their appearance and true motivations are a mystery. Their partner is SkullSatamon, so I'm sure we can trust them to be a good person.
212px-K_cshm.jpg

Yuu Nogi: A childhood friend of the protagonist who will be drawn into the events of the game. Voiced by Yuko Sanpei.
422px-Nogi_yu.jpg

In addition, all notable characters from Cyber Sleuth are confirmed to be reappearing in some capacity. Yes, even that one. Them too. Please play Cyber Sleuth if you want to know more about them.
kxQAyrY.gif

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker's Memory features the return of all major gameplay systems from the original game, including the turn based battles, the ability to get scan data of opposing Digimon in order to hatch them once you reached 100%, and the digilab where the players can freely evolve and devolve their Digimon at will (provided they meet the evolutionary requirements) and the digifarm for allowing Digimon outside of the player's main party to continue to improve.
NZCkMOs.jpg

In addition to that, Hacker's Memory introduces a number of new features, such as the ability to customize the main character's outfit (with some costumes coming with pre-orders and others being able to be obtained in game), a Digimon market where players can buy Digimon directly (with new Digimon becoming available as the story progresses), and a number of new additions to the game's online modes, including the ability to dress up your Digimon with a variety of hats.
8bzD4x0.jpg

One of the most significant new features is the game's Domination battle system, where the player can take their hacker team up against a rival hacker team and move the various characters around on a grid in order to take control of territory, with battles being initiated when two characters meet up.
qCa2Ekb.jpg

Hacker's Memory will feature an overall roster of more than 320 Digimon, plus some exclusive first print run Digimon, including every single Digimon from the original Cyber Sleuth (including the post-launch Digimon and the first print bonus Digimon) as well as more than 70 Digimon newly added to Hacker's Memory.
bZc0m0m.gif

Launch trailer:
Previous trailer:

X0aTdoC.jpg

9v1shAN.jpg

alhXG6O.jpg

Y37rKtP.jpg

keKFK73.gif

Why is there no Female protagonist after the last two games had the option?
I have no clue, and it's a damn shame. Hopefully this won't be a trend going forward.

I thought this game came out in January? When does the western release thread go up?
Due to how close the Japanese and international releases are, we decided to have a single thread covering both releases. This thread will remain for both releases, so stay right here if you're planning to hop in next month.

Does this game have any pre-order exclusive Digimon like the first game did?
Yes, all first print run copies will come with codes for Sistermon Blanc and Sistermon Noir, along with their awaken forms, as well as a special NX Edge style Omegamon. Note that in US copies of the game, Sistermon Noir has been removed entirely and replaced with a made up Digimon named Sistermon Ciel. This has been confirmed to be censorship due to concerns of religious imagery. The change is not present in European copies of the game. There are also the NX Edge versions of Dufmont and LordKnightmon, which are retailer exclusives in Japan but will come with every pre-order in the west, and the NX Edge Alphamon and Dukemon versions will come with the limited edition. Several costumes for the protagonist will also come with various pre-orders.

Wait, limited edition? What's in it?
Yes, for the first time ever, Digimon is getting a limited edition, but only in Japan. The Hacker's Memory LE will come with a number of inclusions, but perhaps the most notable is that it will come with a special "anime sound" version of the game that will include 12 vocal tracks from the various Digimon anime. In addition to that, it will include a full Digimon Story artbook that covers all of the games in the series (including all of the DS Digimon Stories plus both Cyber Sleuth titles), a CD soundtrack, and codes for the NX Edge style versions of Alphamon and Dukemon which will be printed on a card for the Kuremi Detective Agency, all of which will be included in a special 20th anniversary box.
omzZ3Zr.jpg

What songs from the anime are those?
The anime song edition will feature Butter-fly and Brave Heart from Digimon Adventure, Target ~ Akai Shougeki and Break Up from Digimon Adventure 02, The Biggest Dreamer and Slash from Digimon Tamers, FIRE!! and With the Will from Digimon Frontier, Gouing!Going!My Soul!! and Believer from Digimon Savers, and Never Give Up! and We are Xros Heart from Digimon Xros Wars, giving the game a good selection from each of the first 6 anime.

Enough about some exclusives. What Digimon are in this game?
The game features more than 70 new Digimon compared to Cyber Sleuth. This includes some line corrections from the previous game, as well as a number of nice additions from different eras of Digimon such as the Arkadimon line, Agnimon and Woflmon's evolutions from Digimon Frontier, and both of Dracomon's lines. We don't know every Digimon for sure yet (past games almost always have at least a couple of surprises, but you can check out this articleto see who is currently known to be added. We should hopefully know the full list within a couple of days.

What about GolemJijiKamemon? Has he finally made his game debut?
Unfortunately we don't live in a just enough world for that to happen. Everyone please tweet atHabu and let him know that the international fanbase demands GolemJijiKamemon be put into future games.

I'm confused. This is at the same time as the original game? Why not a sequel?
Hacker's Memory was made to be a quick follow up to the original Cyber Sleuth, and it's reusing a lot of assets and locations from the first game. Producer Habu has already confirmed that a brand new Story game is already planned, so think of Hacker's Memory as a fun return to the Cyber Sleuth world with a better lineup of Digimon and a variety of gameplay improvements.

Why isn't this another World game like Next Order?
Habu has talked about wanting to alternate between the two series, so we can hope to see another World title sometime in the next couple of years. For now, please look forward to the turn based battling and Digilab goodness.

Special thanks to PaperSparrow who created all of the original images for this thread and did an amazing job at helping this thread come to life.

Now let's all prepare to journey into the world of EDEN once more and remember why Digimon is the greatest series there is.

Last edited:

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Spoiler for total roster count:
Everything from original Cyber Sleuth is included. And old preorder exclusives are now available normally.
However, this might include new preorder NX variations of old Digimon.

EDIT: Also the entire new Digimon List is below, potential spoilers:

In-Training/Baby2
Arkadimon Baby

Rookie/Child
Funbeemon, Lunamon, Zubamon, Mushmon, ArkadimonRookie, Dracomon,
Monodramon, Dracmon, Shoutmon, Chuumon,
[SistermonBlanc, SistermonBlancAwakened (pre-order)]

Champion/Adult
Golemon, Strikedramon, Sangloupmon, Baohackmon, Lekismon,
Unimon, Raptordramon, Coelamon, Guardromon(Gold), Zubaegermon,
Turuiemon, Airdramon, Coredramon(Blue), Coredramon(Green), Raremon,
ArkadimonChampion, Monochromon, Mudfrigimon, Icemon,
Agnimon, Wolfmon, [SistermonNoir, SistermonNoirAwakened (pre-order)]

Ultimate/Perfect
Dinobeemon, Dagomon, CatchMamemon, Crescemon, Volcamon,
Grademon, Hippogriffomon, Triceramon, SaviourHackmon,
Duramon, Groundramon, Pandamon, Wingdramon, Skullsatamon,
Phantomon, Matadormon, BurningGreymon, Kendogarurumon, ArkadimonUltimate

Mega/Ultimate
Griffomon, Durandamon, Megidramon, Goddramon, Dorugoramon,
Chaosdramon, PileVolvamon, ArkadimonMega, Mercurymon,
Neptunemon, Valdurmon, TyrantKabuterimon, KingEtemon,
Slayerdramon, Breakdramon, GranDracumon, EmperorGreymon,
MagnaGarurumon, MagnaGarurumon(NoArmor), OmegaShoutmon

Ultra/Super Utimate
Armagemon, DukemonCM, ArkadimonUltra(SuperUltimate),
Susanoomon, AlphamonOM, ChaosmonVA

NX Versions
[OmegamonNX, DukemonNX, AlphamonNX, LeopardmonNX, LordKnightmonNX (pre-order)]

...And also something spoilery is also available.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has Bamco confirmed if first week purchases of the vita versión will include the preorder bonus?

For me this is a handleheld game, and it will be a drag to buy it on PS4, even if this monday I played the first game there and found cool that the game run at 60 fps

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
That title kills me

Edit: And apparently US version got censored due to religious imagery...

Has Bamco confirmed if first week purchases of the vita versión will include the preorder bonus?

For me this is a handleheld game, and it will be a drag to buy it on PS4, even if this monday I played the first game there and found cool that the game run at 60 fps
It should as that's what they did with the original.

Last edited:

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Sistermon censorship is utterly bizarre. I'm really not sure why they felt like that was necessary.
I wonder who's decision that was. I'm mean, angels and demons have been all over this franchise, but a nun's too much?

I'm glad we at least got a new Digimon out of this though. Can't wait to look back in ten years and refer to that weird one-time appearance of Sistermon Ciel. The wikipage will have two lines on it, lol.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a stupid, weird and bizarre decision.

Do we know how the anime songs will work in the game?

Also nice OT.

(also too bad we're not getting the anime songs for the game in the west as far as I know)

Last edited:

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Yeah, it's a stupid, weird and bizarre decision.

(also too bad we're not getting the anime songs for the game in the west as far as I know)

I wonder who's decision that was. I'm mean, angels and demons have been all over this franchise, but a nun's too much?

I'm glad we at least got a new Digimon out of this though. Can't wait to look back in ten years and refer to that weird one-time appearance of Sistermon Ciel. The wikipage will have two lines on it, lol.

I mean..yes? In this day and age it was a good move. Last thing they need is people making social media post and having overzealous complainers bombard them.

Now the other angels and demons the West has seen aren't new haven't ruffled feathers. But add a nun reference? Yeah I'd censor too and keep it moving. That won't break or affect the game experience.

Anyway glad they did what they had to so we can have the game her next year.

Really nice OP.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean..yes? In this day and age it was a good move. Last thing they need is people making social media post and having overzealous complainers bombard them.

Now the other angels and demons the West has seen aren't new haven't ruffled feathers. But add a nun reference? Yeah I'd censor too and keep it moving. That won't break or affect the game experience.

Anyway glad they did what they had to so we can have the game her next year.

Really nice OP.
Eeeh, I don't know. The only other "nun controversy" I'm aware of is the Hitman game where he kills some sexy nun assassins, which seemed more focused on the "sexy" and "murder" parts than the religious aspect. For a niche JRPG that already contained sexy religious imagery, I don't really think there would be that much blow back. I could be wrong, we'll never know, I guess.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot that the english release is only next month, guess I have to buckle down and finish the first one.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The return to Nakano Broadway! Woo!

Haven't seen Oh Great! being credited for monster design since the games announcement.

Why is there no Female protagonist after the last two games had the option?
I have no clue, and it's a damn shame. Hopefully this won't be a trend going forward.

Creative vision. Nuff said.

I'm confused. This is at the same time as the original game? Why not a sequel?
Hacker's Memory was made to be a quick follow up to the original Cyber Sleuth, and it's reusing a lot of assets and locations from the first game. Producer Habu has already confirmed that a brand new Story game is already planned, so think of Hacker's Memory as a fun return to the Cyber Sleuth world with a better lineup of Digimon and a variety of gameplay improvements.

You left out it's due to wanting to release a Digimon game to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Cyber Sleuth but this looks really derivative with its heavy reuse of environments. Not really sure how I feel about that yet

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has a dub been confirmed for the English release? Next Order had one but I don't think I've seen anything here.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Cyber Sleuth but this looks really derivative with its heavy reuse of environments. Not really sure how I feel about that yet
I'm hoping the import impressions are good on this front. At the very least, it looks like they are trying to balance the gameplay with a more robust multiplayer and OP Digimon being nerfed (UlforceV-dramon). The addition of little things like hats is nice too. I have hopes about the new areas, but if it's just going to be mostly blue digital places, that'll be disappointing.
Has a dub been confirmed for the English release? Next Order had one but I don't think I've seen anything here.
There will be no dub.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I have to play with the bad looking male protagonist and can't play with the female one? =/
Also, censorship, really? Hopefully the censorship stays out of the Europe version.
Obviously, Original Audio is a must have. =P

Any knowledge about the price in the west? So full or lower?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's on par with Cyber Sleuth, this will be my January game.

Gameplay wise, it almost defo is. Story wise remains to be seen.

I'm just hoping for a moment like in Cyber Sleuth:

when you first see the Digital World and the music plays. One of the best moments of the game honestly for me.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord I'm excited for this! Got my plat on CS. Ready to do it again.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My issues with Cyber Sleuth that I hope are fixed

- Better travel options, the Cyber Sleuth in the first game was capable of travelling through the internet, yet he/she can't go from one place to another through the network? thanks to this, the game has a lot of parts were is a drag to travel through
- That they removed those quests which required you to look for an ítem, they weren't funny, specially since lots of times you had to look for ítems in place where you were way overleveled
- Better localization

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay wise, it almost defo is. Story wise remains to be seen.

I'm just hoping for a moment like in Cyber Sleuth:

when you first see the Digital World and the music plays. One of the best moments of the game honestly for me.

Exactly, the story was the biggest surprise for me, a lot of a cool moments.

ImNotAFroot

Nov 6, 2017
I'm assuming they didn't fix the Armadillomon>Ankylomon>Shakkoumon>Vikemon(????) line right?
I find it real hard to pay full price for a game with so much reused stuff.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hacker's Memory should arrive by Tuesday, possibly Monday as I've gotten things from Amazon JP a day earlier than they said in the past. We'll see.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this. Cyber Sleuth impressed me with how good it was, so having another Digimon Story so soon is great.

Deleted member 35156

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I'm still hoping for Bancholillymon making it in the game because I have always liked the Palmon line except for Rosemon. Also it sucks that they decided to censor a Digimon, have they shown the Sistermon Ciel yet?

Edit: found a comparison picture
4Bf2xf6_d.webp

Last edited:

Quo Vadis

Oct 27, 2017
With this and the upcoming unannounced Story game, the Digimon games are back in full force! Keep em coming Bamco ♡

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed to hear about the censorship... But I'm still absolutely down for this game when it comes out in English. Cyber Sleuth is my favorite PS4 game that I've played.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
TMaakkonen gave me some info he found on the anime song edition of the JP version:

i dont know how customizable it is
but anime tracks replace certain game tracks
butterfly on normal battle music
target on digilab
biggest dreamer on boss music
brave heart on evolution sequence

I think the main question for me now is, how customization it is. Either way though, will be interesting to hear them in-game.

I also wonder if it's a different 'copy' of the game with the music in-built into it or if it's DLC that you need to download to access the songs in-game.

Last edited:

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the game today to get my DS fix after spending 70 hours with the original Cyber Sleuth last year.
A shame I had no idea how good the LE actually is (read the description on the back of the box, wasn't that impressed) and went with the standard one which was ~40$ cheaper.
Oh well, maybe I can somehow get the artbook later…

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Does this include the original game (in the West)? I remember reading about that.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I see, it's not in the list of the website you had in the OP. That's good! Is it the full line with at list X4, X5, Omega and X7 or is it half assed like in World?
Botamon -> Koromon -> Shoutmon -> OmegaShoutmon

In fact OmegaShoutmon appears to be his only evolution. He is high level, essentially Mega.

OP
OP
KuwabaraTheMan
Oct 25, 2017
I see, it's not in the list of the website you had in the OP. That's good! Is it the full line with at list X4, X5, Omega and X7 or is it half assed like in World?
Just Shoutmon and OmegaShoutmon unfortunately. I'd love to see the full line make it in some day, but that would also require Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Sparrowmon and ZekeGreymon to do it right, which is probably why they haven't done it yet. Maybe next game. (They are both on that list, just in the "no level" section because Xros Wars)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't finished Cyber Sleuth.
I might try and finish it before this releases.

I'm not really sure who I'd use this time around, as I already had my favourites on the first game.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Botamon -> Koromon -> Shoutmon -> OmegaShoutmon

In fact OmegaShoutmon appears to be his only evolution. He is high level, essentially Mega.

Just Shoutmon and OmegaShoutmon unfortunately. I'd love to see the full line make it in some day, but that would also require Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Sparrowmon and ZekeGreymon to do it right, which is probably why they haven't done it yet. Maybe next game. (They are both on that list, just in the "no level" section because Xros Wars)

Thanks.
That's a shame.
I'll be Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode's tamer.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I think the Sistermon noir censorship is annoying, I can't help but love Ciel little mouse hat. Pretty bummed my boy Coronamon didn't make it trough.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
While I think the Sistermon noir censorship is annoying, I can't help but love Ciel little mouse hat. Pretty bummed my boy Coronamon didn't make it trough.

I wouldn't have minded it if it was just added as a recolour later rather than as a censored thing. I mean, IF the moves are the same as the original version then it's not even a proper recolour (recolours usually have something different from the original than just the look ie SnowAgumon having ice attacks)

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I've... I've always thought of American Catholics as, like, the second least likely religious group to get upset over religious imagery in games. Am I living in that much of a bubble? I like Sistermon Ciel, so I'm not complaining, but I do think the change is unnecessary.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I like Sistermon Ciel, so I'm not complaining, but I do think the change is unnecessary.

Yup. Hell, just pitch it as a new Digimon to the Japanese side, add some uniqueness to it and there you have it, an official recolour we can all enjoy. Add it as DLC or put it into the next game with the other 2 Sistermon, Noir and Blanc.

side note: I almost wish they called it Sistermon Vert and made it Green. >_>

edit:

TMaakkonen gave me some info he found on the anime song edition of the JP version:

i dont know how customizable it is
but anime tracks replace certain game tracks
butterfly on normal battle music
target on digilab
biggest dreamer on boss music
brave heart on evolution sequence

I think the main question for me now is, how customization it is. Either way though, will be interesting to hear them in-game.

I also wonder if it's a different 'copy' of the game with the music in-built into it or if it's DLC that you need to download to access the songs in-game.
U5XljIg.png

Customizing confirmed. thanks again to TMaakkonen for the picture though it seems to be a Korean version but still customizing :D.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KuwabaraTheMan
Oct 25, 2017
I've... I've always thought of American Catholics as, like, the second least likely religious group to get upset over religious imagery in games. Am I living in that much of a bubble? I like Sistermon Ciel, so I'm not complaining, but I do think the change is unnecessary.

Yeah, it's weird. The people most likely to get upset over religious imagery and stuff would be evangelicals, but they hate Catholics, so I can't see nun imagery being a big thing for them.

U5XljIg.png

Customizing confirmed. thanks again to TMaakkonen for the picture though it seems to be a Korean version but still customizing :D.

Awesome. I can't wait to get my copy. (Got my shipping notification earlier today)

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any import impressions or impressions from those over in japan? I'm seriously contemplating buying a ps4 again for this game...