• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon support just emailed me back and told me to contact Bandai instead.
you're screwed bud. Bandai REFUSES to do anything about retailer preorder codes. I fought them and amazon for weeks back when next order came out. Amazon eventually refunded me $20 so I could buy the code on ebay...

Here's part of the email they sent me back then.

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco Entertainment's Technical Support and Warranty Department.

Again, I do apologize but this anything that's retailer specific is sent directly to the retailers and we don't receive replacement codes for such products. Again, this has been escalated for investigation but that's all the information I have available regarding this at this time.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
you're screwed bud. Bandai REFUSES to do anything about retailer preorder codes. I fought them and amazon for weeks back when next order came out. Amazon eventually refunded me $20 so I could buy the code on ebay...

Here's part of the email they sent me back then.

But it doesn't sound like ANYONE got them for this one.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I work at Gamestop and have the game preorder. We just got a notice saying that either the codes we got don't work, or that we didn't get any, don't understand the wording. It says the merch team is working on it.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, tested something.

European digital Cyber Sleuth Vita save file can transfer to physical Hacker's Memory PS4. And no PlayStation Plus required. However, you need to have had made transfer on actual Vita for this to work.

Also, we should change OT to inform NA/EU release.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Well then... That does change things.

Yeah I knew that there were issues before, which is why I pre-ordered off Amazon since they usualluly resolve codes if you bug them enough. Calling enough times, sometimes you get money back, plus maybe a code later (had issues with my MonHun Stories code).

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I knew that there were issues before, which is why I pre-ordered off Amazon since they usualluly resolve codes if you bug them enough. Calling enough times, sometimes you get money back, plus maybe a code later (had issues with my MonHun Stories code).
Yeah I wasnt trusting amazon this time around and went with best buy canada and they havent sent me a code yet and they say I have to wait until saturday night before I can complain it hasn't arrived yet.

Xenocthul

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bandai got back to me and told me to take it up with Amazon so it looks like waiting for Amazon to sort this out for everyone is the only way to go right now.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are people getting codes that are inactive? Best Buy Canada just sent me a code that doesn't work.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
ALJHGDLJHGSAVBLSA
I almost had a heart attack. I redownloaded CS1 to get my save ready to transfer over. The save wasn't in the cross save cloud. Alright, so I check PS+ cloud. Nothing. It's gone.
I have a spark of an idea and decide to check my PC to see if I'd backed it up over content manager and I DID.
I was about to scream at the idea of having to do every single medal again and not getting transfer bonuses.

Oct 27, 2017
Quoting my post from the other thread

Now that the dust is settling, here are the ramifications

*As of right now, there is NO WAY to acquire ANY DLC in the american version of the game. Unlike other countries, all of the pre-order stuff in the NA region actually is pre-order only. So if you don't already own hacker's memory, buying the american version righ tnow is actually a nerf compared to imports. Bandai Namco does NOT release preorder DLC later on.

Here are your options in the NA region
*Buy the asian english version of the game to acquire Sistermon Ciel. No pre-order required. Also includes NX and costumes
*Buy the european english version of the game to acquire Sistermon Noir. No pre-order required. Also includes NX and costumes

To be clear, if you buy the american version, there is no way to get the DLC and likely never will be. This isn't the case in import versions.

The mantra here seems to be avoid the american release unless you actually pre-ordered the game. A lot of people are going to have to think about if they really want to import their cs1 savedata at this point.

We now have a pretty clear view on how much the american release of the game has been botched. Amazon codes are reportedly not even activating at this time. People with the EU/Asian versions are weighing in, and it seems that America is the only country not offering the DLC to people who buy the game. They only care about the pre-orders. Keep this in mind if you are buying the game today.

They also botched the vita version a bit with this move, but not completely if you're vita only.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Quoting my post from the other thread

We now have a pretty clear view on how much the american release of the game has been botched. Amazon codes are reportedly not even activating at this time. People with the EU/Asian versions are weighing in, and it seems that America is the only country not offering the DLC to people who buy the game. They only care about the pre-orders. Keep this in mind if you are buying the game today.

Bandai... what's wrong with you? Took years of begging to get Japanese games like Tales etc back and localized, and now edits and snips being made everywhere, along with some physicals for PS4 only coming to EU and not NA, and now these DLC issues... ugh :/

Oct 27, 2017
Bandai... what's wrong with you? Took years of begging to get Japanese games like Tales etc back and localized, and now edits and snips being made everywhere, along with some physicals for PS4 only coming to EU and not NA, and now these DLC issues... ugh :/

the worst part is how it screws over vita users.
Hacker's Memory, like cyber sleuth, has Vita <> PS4 cross-save functionality. The catch 22 is that the NA Vita Version offers you the DLC if you buy the game, but PS4 won't, so the cross-save functionality is completely destroyed in the north american vita version unless you delete the DLC.

i feel like Ebay is going to be very popular in the next few days in the NA region...

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about other retailers, but it looks like Amazon either hasn't sent out the pre-order codes yet or did for some people and the codes don't work yet.

Oct 26, 2017
This DLC nonsense is exactly why I'm passing on it. After getting screwed over with the first game (couldn't use the cross save function) and Namco just shrugging their shoulders about it made me extremely hesitant on trying again.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
How can Namco (assuming this is solely them) screw this up for both continents? Yikes.

I also hope the game's translation/localization is a better effort than CS's.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm I just received the code and successfully redeemed it on the UK PS Store for the PS4.

For anyone in EU, follow this link: https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/de/...ber-sleuth-hacker-s-memory-epc-bundle-ps4-dlc

Search 'Digimon' and add the DLC to your basket, create an account and checkout for free. You should receive a link with the code within minutes.

QROWKFn_d.jpg

Last edited:

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about all of this re: transferring a save from CS1 to HM.

If I have CS1 but did not have any pre-order dlc from that old title, can I still transfer the save over to HM if my copy of HM has the pre-order dlc for that one? I know they were different bonuses since they were separate games, but I thought Id ask just in case.

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
European fellas, do you want the pre order DLC link? Well, here we go, have fun. :)

https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/de/...ber-sleuth-hacker-s-memory-epc-bundle-ps4-dlc

This has no limit on the number of codes that can be acquired

Just heard of someone adding 50 codes to their cart. And it's not even IP locked.

This is madness. But I guess it makes it very easy to get the DLC for the EU version at least. Getting more than one code to be able to share it with a friend that's thinking of importing couldn't be a bad idea.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm now hearing that Amazon didn't get any codes from Bandai and it will be about two days before they get them and they're sent out.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about all of this re: transferring a save from CS1 to HM.

If I have CS1 but did not have any pre-order dlc from that old title, can I still transfer the save over to HM if my copy of HM has the pre-order dlc for that one? I know they were different bonuses since they were separate games, but I thought Id ask just in case.

Thanks.
I haven't tried it myself, but that should be fine. The preorder Digimon from CS are just standard digimon in HM now.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up my order from Best Buy, they said I should get a DLC code emailed to me within 48 hours.

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
More solid answers, finally. Still, wow.

I swear Bandai always has fucking issues with Amazon and Pre-order codes. Back when One Piece Burning Blood came out Amazon NEVER sent me my pre-order codes for my CE, threatened me for constantly contacting support over it, sent them to others and refused to listen to any of my proof, and never compensated me and I ended up having to pay like $12 on Ebay for a code.

If I don't get the DLC for this game I'm just gonna straight up return it and wait until the price tanks later this year, Monster Hunter, Dissidia, and Dragon Ball all in the next 2 weeks anyway. I only got it because I love Digimon and wanted to support the series and not miss out on the DLC

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Bandai is terrible with pre-order codes on Amazon, where would be the best place to buy a Bandai game going forward to ensure there's no issue with getting pre-order DLC? I only ended up buying this off Amazon because I had a gift card from Christmas that I wanted to use.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
I could be remembering wrong but did PlatinumSukamon start off with 10HP, 999 DEF and 5 INT at level 1 in the original CS? As that is what I got right now.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I swear Bandai always has fucking issues with Amazon and Pre-order codes. Back when One Piece Burning Blood came out Amazon NEVER sent me my pre-order codes for my CE, threatened me for constantly contacting support over it, sent them to others and refused to listen to any of my proof, and never compensated me and I ended up having to pay like $12 on Ebay for a code.

If I don't get the DLC for this game I'm just gonna straight up return it and wait until the price tanks later this year, Monster Hunter, Dissidia, and Dragon Ball all in the next 2 weeks anyway. I only got it because I love Digimon and wanted to support the series and not miss out on the DLC

I got it from Amazon because except for one time, I used to get my codes. Had another code incident with BBuy recently, when they code wasn't printed on my in store receipt. Been ordering more for shipping lately, but because of that I'm also weary on their codes...

Is this something Gamestop is actually competent with? I always get my codes on in store receipts.

Oct 27, 2017
I could be remembering wrong but did PlatinumSukamon start off with 10HP, 999 DEF and 5 INT at level 1 in the original CS? As that is what I got right now.
yes. welcome to easy mode

platinuk sukamon's gimmick is that he dies easily to magic damage, but the game's AI never takes advantage of it so it basically breaks the entire game, until you find the 1 enemy that loves magic damage.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on my NA copy to arrive but has anyone confirmed if the trophies are separate from the JP version? I'd like to get 2 platinum medals again

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to bite the bullet and buy digitally because physical copy was delayed.
How soon can I get my MVP, Guilmon? Shoutmon would also be nice too.