• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will you be starting with?

• Tentomon

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Gotsumon

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Betamon

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
81-2Y3GTKHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(Image courtesy of Amazon)

"Hack your way to the truth! Get ready to dive back into the digital world in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. Set in the near future, the line between the real and digital worlds is blurred and logging into cyberspace is a part of everyday life. In the shadows lurk hackers utilizing computer viruses called Digimon to commit mischief and crimes. Framed and accused of wrongdoings, Keisuke Amazawa has no choice but to dive into the digital world to not only clear his name and prove his innocence, but to protect his loved ones."

Platforms: PS4 / PS Vita
JP Release: December 14, 2017
US Release: January 19, 2018
  • Includes all 320 Digimon from Cyber Sleuth + 73 new Digimon!
  • Brand New Story
  • Visit the familiar areas from Cyber Sleuth, along with brand new areas!
  • Customizable Protagonist!
  • Choose between Tentomon, Gotsumon, or Betamon as your beginning partner!
Feature Trailer:

Preorder Bonuses:
146697DLC_bonusLG.jpg

(image courtesy of GameStop)

Digital PSN Preorders also get an exclusive Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory Theme.

Last edited:

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Do I need to play the first one to understand this? Are they good games? Aren't they just Pokemon like games?

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in what the loc looks like on this simply because if it's pretty good, I'd rather roll in English than JP due to the price.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Do I need to play the first one to understand this? Are they good games? Aren't they just Pokemon like games?
The first one would definitely help you understand the mechanics, but no, this is an entirely new story. Characters from the first game appear in here but it's not a requirement. It definitely helps plus the first game is AMAZING.
As for the Pokemon comparison, they're drastically different in the sense that Pokemon games are open world, the Digimon World games are closer to that (see Digimon World: Next Order). These games are extremely linear with optional side quests littered about, but have Pokemon-like evolution chains for your Digimon and battles similar to Pokemon.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
this one should stay since it's for the western release.
the ot creator for that thread & the one who supposed to make 1 for western release already agreed to just combine them in single ot since the time gap between release isn't that long. there's a reason why that ot didn't name itself import ot

Oct 27, 2017
the ot creator for that thread & the one who supposed to make 1 for western release already agreed to just combine them in single ot since the time gap between release isn't that long. there's a reason why that ot didn't name itself import ot

to be fair, if the original thread stayed (which actually has some sort-of spoilers in it), a lot of people wouldn't know this game is actually coming out this week.

i'm on team ThisThreadShouldStay.

Deleted member 5656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stoked for this game, it's nice that it's a totally new story. I loved the first one and while I'm more excited for the NEXT game that'll be based around PS4 hardware instead of Vita, I'm still really looking forward to this one.

I will start with Tentomon. I'll always be a sucker for the season 1 Digimon.

My question is: cross-buy?

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I go with Tentomon.
Question for the people that played the japanese version, how much time in game hours until Agumon, Gabumon and V-mon appears as enemies so I can get them scanned? (It can be Koromon, Tsunomon and Chibimon too)

Status
Not open for further replies.