• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just to let people know. At Digicon. They confirmed the game to be 70% text adventure sequences and 30% combat. Completing all routes will take roughly 80-100 hours, and 113 monsters will be useable.

Also no release year/date lol. I hope they're considering giving one soon.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I love the tone of this game, and I'm always down for a tactics game. I hope this is good.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Looks very nice visually, but that music is straight up a copy of some of the Princess Mononoke OST in places:

1:40 compared to main motif of this...

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Just to let people know. At Digicon. They confirmed the game to be 70% text adventure sequences and 30% combat. Completing all routes will take roughly 80-100 hours, and 113 monsters will be useable.

Also no release year/date lol. I hope they're considering giving one soon.
Pretty much a Digimon version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, only like 3x the length. Interesting.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna play it already man, do hope some of that Elden Ring budget trickles down so they can upgrade from shoe string and gum to actual $ for their productions now lol

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The length sounds heinous, hope they're exaggerating and that a single play will take about the same length as 13 Sentinels (under 30 hours for me).

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
This game has always seemed super interesting. Nice to finally see more of it since it's been so long. Will be excited for when it finally released.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think I'd be a little more interested in the protagonists if they weren't obviously all equivalent to the Digimon Adventure protagonists.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they keep showing exactly the same stuff from this game. And still no release date? Damn

WeWereGiants

Nov 8, 2017
After playing Triangle Strategy I'm fine with the story/combat split, If the story is good enough I'm here for it

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's concerning they keep showing the same scenes and environments again and again and again and yet they say the game could last up to 100h. Like, are we spending the whole game in that one area?

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I was hoping for an FFT or TO:LUCT styled game, but after DIGICON sounds like it will be akin to 13 Sentinals which was good but overrated IMO.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the story is good enough to justify all those dozens of hours of VN. If it is though, I'm 100% in.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I mean how many routes are there? 80-100 hours for ALL routes isn't that crazy considering we're talking about replaying the game. Even if there's only like 4 routes, that's like 20-25 hours of main story per run. If there's something more like 6 routes or whatever, even less. It's gonna be on the player if they decide they want to do a single route or go for full completion. That's VERY on par for visual novels, kinda how this genre usually goes honestly.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I mean how many routes are there? 80-100 hours for ALL routes isn't that crazy considering we're talking about replaying the game. Even if there's only like 4 routes, that's like 20-25 hours of main story per run. If there's something more like 6 routes or whatever, even less. It's gonna be on the player if they decide they want to do a single route or go for full completion. That's VERY on par for visual novels, kinda how this genre usually goes honestly.
3 routes and a final route once you complete one of them.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vn part still has gameplay, it isn't just text scrolling on a screen, you can use your phone to look around etc. They haven't shown much gameplay and it could still be well paced.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Last edited:

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I don't tend to like SRPGs, but man, the vibe of this game seems really interesting. I might have to power through it anyway...

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
The vn part still has gameplay, it isn't just text scrolling on a screen, you can use your phone to look around etc. They haven't shown much gameplay and it could still be well paced.
That's good to hear. My biggest complaint about Cyber Sleuth is the massive amount of text boxes that I end up mashing the A button through.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I really really hope this has a better localization job than Cyber Sleuth. I mean this is a genre that is really dependent on good writing and excellent localization for it to be a great game.