• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

Ark Survival Evolved is noted for its super-high system requirements and choppy gameplay on the current generation consoles - but a Switch version? Just how is that going to pan out - especially in mobile form? Let's just say that it's very poor in many respects, but surprisingly better than expected in others.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO! What is this?

R4vWDrQ.png

DnaVcvL.png

The game looks like when you glitch out of a map in other games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I played hundreds of hours of Ark with a mate when it was in Game Preview on the Xbox.

It was SO ROUGH but a stupid amount of fun, nothing else like it.

But I would not go back to the switch or mobile versions with how slow the devs track record is with optimisations.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
im expecting tragedy knowing the ark devs. its why im not planning on playing there new game right now

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lowest we counted. 304x170. It's tough to get a read but three of us found this result. In docked mode.

Oct 29, 2017
very off topic, but I've been curious and this is a fresh DF thread:
When they do PC stuff they use a tool that puts an overlay with the framerate and CPU core usage I believe in the top right corner. What is this tool?

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I can't imagine seeing what building up a huge base with a bunch of tames would do to this.

Walking around the world is one thing but it crawls on xbox in a big base.
Wonder if anyone has loaded a private mode with all the 'cheat' sliders up and made one to see what happens.

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
You all realize all of versions of this game run like shit right? Lol

Drbeckman

Nov 9, 2017
I remember some poor guy being laughed at on this forum, when he said the first presentation of the game wasn't displayed on a Switch. Guess he was right.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Better than I expected in someways, worse in others.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
So troll and I was defeated? This looks horrible.
edit.
Every third party port I've played on Switch running in handheld mode, looks like. I'm not even surprised when games look this blurred out anymore, and that image is also clearly zoomed in on the objects in the 25% upper right of the screen or something.
what?