• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
  1. The game was running in native 1440P, but Bluepoint's AA and motion blur makes everything so crispy that is hard to point this out even through pixel counting.
  2. It was very likely running on Performance mode, Graphics 4K mode expected to look good.
  3. No signs of raytraced shadows
  4. The game was running in 60FPS for most part with some dips here and there, as it is in development it isn't something to bother.
  5. Tearing happening on the top and bottom of the screen, easily missable, similar to SOTC remake.
  6. Leap in technology is noticeable and huge, making this the most cutting edge Souls game.
  7. Animations reworked, are more stylized but work well in this context.
  8. Physics are reworked and very good, attacks and interactions work well.
  9. Effects like fire and rain already looks pretty good in SDR, the game should look amazing in HDR.
  10. Ultra fast loading times, while in the PS3 you could have to wait 11 seconds, on PS5 the loading is less than 1 second.
A generous slice of Demon's Souls gameplay emerged from Sony's recent PS5 showreel - at last giving us an early glimpse into its frame-rate performance. Early signs point to a robust 60fps showing from Bluepoint Games, with the game set to its performance mode throughout the trailer. Tom looks at the game as it stands, as one of the showcase titles for PS5's launch window.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The fact that they were confident enough to show the gameplay trailer at 1440p/60fps (and that most people thought that it was native 4k/60) shows me how good the perf mode is and how good IQ is at 1440p with a solid AA implentation.

Definitely playing that mode, 4k/30 is nice but you can't beat a smooth 60

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
So we can choose between 1440p/60 and 4K/30fps. Seems great, if this is what the performance mode looks like. Can't imagine how the higher fidelity mode will look like.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
1440p, amazingly good 60fps performance mode....

ColorfulWellgroomedKatydid-size_restricted.gif

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
So you're telling me there's a 4K/30 option with even more bells and whistles?!

If so then Holy shit!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying a PS5.

I'm buying a Demons Souls remake machine.

And that's okay with me.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Not interested in the game, but Bluepoint work is on point here. Early new gen, 60FPS and such graphics. Very impressive work and I wonder where this gen will end graphically. We aren't ready.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
1440p and 60 fps, great! I wish this configuration becomes the standard this gen.

I'm going to watch this video like 3 times a day until Nov 12.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
1440p aside... This game looks absolutely phenomenal oooosh. Beautiful. I'll take that res for 60fps any day.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1080p/120? I can dream. The look of this game is amazing. I suck at tough games and this time it's frustrating me.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
1440p/60fps will hopefully become the standard for performance modes next gen. It's like the perfect balance between making the game feel great to play and still look beautiful.

Oct 24, 2019
1080p/120? I can dream. The look of this game is amazing. I suck at tough games and this time it's frustrating me.

To be honest these games aren't nearly as tough as people make them out to be. Something like Kingdom Hearts on critical mode is hard because you get less XP and enemies hit way harder, which is just unfair.

These games are pure pattern recognition. Once you start thinking of the boss fights as puzzles, then it'll all start to click. The only times you'll die are the times that you mess up on the pattern matching , which is what makes the games so fair (with rare exceptions)

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Considering RT was on 1440P/60 fps is right for me. I expect something similar for Miles Morales performance mode.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I'm sure people will moan about 1440p, but it looks fantastic and would be my preferred mode (whenever I actually get a PS5) if most games offered a 60fps refresh.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit disappointing that can't reach 4k/60, but the IQ is amazing. Hopefully as the gen moves on, it'll be more achievable.

Bolded the important part. At the end of the day resolution is just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to visual fidelity and when you end up having a game with IQ like this I am perfectly fine with 1440p.

No doubt in my mind I will play through this in performance mode.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
The game looking THIS good at 1440p is just a testament to the artistic style and lighting Bluepoint have managed to cram into this remake. Looks downright incredible.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1440p 60 looks nice and seems to be the way forward. Would like to see 4k in action, just to see. Looking like a solid upgrade to an aging title.

Damn, they should get Bluepoint to re-remaster Dark Souls 1 lol.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the loading times is nice. No loading screen, just the loading transition? Would that be a good way to categorize that?

Or is that still the same thing?

1440p aside... This game looks absolutely phenomenal oooosh. Beautiful. I'll take that res for 60fps any day.
lol, of course...

There's still the 4K, 30fps mode.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I know there's not a big difference, but I'm a little disappointed that it's not 4k 60fps. Maybe I overestimated how powerful the next gen machines were.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
When i was watching that 4k60 youtube vid on a 4k 55" screen i never even thought about it not being native 4k.
And it's even better with the HDR (there was that fanmade demo of it) cause the crazy clarity contrast gives it even more perceived resolution.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
There's a fundamental error in the video; they mention "ray-traced shadows" but the quote from the PS Blog that's shown separates them clearly into "beautiful shadows" and "ray tracing". And adding to that, there's no mention of the reflection effects shown in a tiny part of the gameplay video that looks very good.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
If you have to rely on pixel counting to see the 1440p then what's the point :p

Great job by Bluepoint.

No raytracing is not really surprising, the environments so far don't really seem like they would really need one. They did say there is raytracing so maybe they just missed it?