• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The materials are very detailed, but it seems to suffer from the same problem I've seen with every halo release, there is something about their shader pipeline that gives everything a very plasticky, waxy look to it.

It's all very detailed, but it makes it less convincing to me.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You really think people wouldn't be impressed with horizon 2 running at native 4k 60fps? Lol how many high profile AAA console games are able to do that now? I feel like we need to keep things in perspective.

If it looks just like Horizon 1 with just better performance, then no. That's the very least I'd expect from a next-gen machine. If all we're getting is "PC versions" of current gen games then what's really the point.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The materials are very detailed, but it seems to suffer from the same problem I've seen with every halo release, there is something about their shader pipeline that gives everything a very plasticky, waxy look to it.

It's all very detailed, but it makes it less convincing to me.

Just a guess but I'd imagine Halo goes for a "Teen" rating and the art choices are to not create a hyper realistic game or characters such as COD or Metro etc. It's a style choice another words.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the 4k version on YouTube, which is a bit better than what I saw from the mixer stream and it looks absolutely great. I understand people miss the wow feeling, so did I the first time I watched it. Especially when the guy was beardless and his animations/lighting on his face felt a bit off?, but there is really a lot more to it. Nowadays people often think things look less impressive when there is no water involved/highly reflective surfaces with a lot of neon colours and I believe that is also part of what kept people from being wowed. I really liked it, but can understand people expecting/hoping for more from a Halo demonstration. Such a confined space has never been something that screams 'this is Halo'.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
No where close is an exaggeration. We have current gen cutscenes looking like this.

Halo Infinite looks great but it is clearly a game built to run on lower spec devices too. A game built from the ground up for Scarlett is going to blow Halo out of the water. For a cross gen game it looks great. Every cross gen game will run at 4k and 60 fps per second on new consoles including Death Stranding and Last of Us Part 2

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
came into thread to see what insight i could gather. came in learning about how sony games look better.

thanks era

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Trying to show why people aren't impressed by "the" flagship game of the next xbox so far.

Maybe it would've helped if it showed a few seconds of a big battle. Something that wasn't possible with todays xbox.

Think about the buzz if they've showed a huge battle (like in Avengers Endgame) with better graphics and animations than TloU2 in 6fps and nativ 4K.

That would be impressive.

Nobody will applaud the next gen Horizon if it only looks 20% better but runs in 4k nativ and 60fps.

That's the big problem i see with microsofts plan. They can't go all out with their new shiny hardware if they have to drag the rotting corpse of the X and the standard Xbox one with them for years.

There's a reason the next gen consoles don't only get better gpus. It's a package deal and you need every bit of tech to wow the audience.

I really don't understand this plan of ms. When sony shows stuff for Ps5-only and it looks better for the mainstream-gamer how will it help them sell the new xboxes? It feels like they're handling it like it's a Xbox One X-2 and not a full fresh console. I hope that's not the case but man they had the whole e3 for themselves and didn't take the shot.

It will come. Halo Infinite is going to look stunning! It will be jaw dropping good. May not seem like a substanital next gen jump but will look jaw dropping none the less. When an Xbox exclusive to Scarlett releases it will look way way way better than anything in the current gen.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
This picture really captures all the little details of the pilot. I think it looks really rad.
Lqr6bs6.jpg

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it looked pretty great. I know that game won't have the best graphic since it will be held back by current gen. Once we get out of that current gen hold I'm sure they will take off.

I wonder though if they will stop supporting the xbox one s and only support crossgen on xbox one x at some point.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
It looks to me like a good looking current gen game, nothing more. Cyberpunk, the last trailer, looks much more nexgen-ish

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it looks just like Horizon 1 with just better performance, then no. That's the very least I'd expect from a next-gen machine. If all we're getting is "PC versions" of current gen games then what's really the point.

ummm...to have better looking games as the hardware becomes more powerful? I'm surprised we're at a point where visual improvements in console games are just "PC versions".

Oct 26, 2017
While it doesn't look exactly photorealistic as other games strive for, the sheer detail of the game running at 60fps is pretty insane. Compare that with what was shown at E3 2018 and I think we'll have a gorgeous game to explore. Great call by 343i to take the time to overhaul their engine.

Deleted member 25042

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It looked very good.
The tech underneath may be cutting edge but the end result imo isn't that different from some of the best looking games already out.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was really good and full of details, but didn't have the Next Gen feeling for me and was more like an amazing looking game for this generation.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
ummm...to have better looking games as the hardware becomes more powerful? I'm surprised we're at a point where visual improvements in console games are just "PC versions".

What I mean is if it's just that then it's not a generational leap, IMO. I can play Doom 2016 on my PS4 at "console" settings and on my PC at Max Settings at 4k 120, or better yet Forza Horizon at 1080p/30 on XOne vs PC Max 4k60. The difference between those 2 things visually is not a generational leap in the same way the difference between Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 4 is.

That's what I'm labeling this Halo footage as. It's the difference between a console game like COD or something and it's max setting version on PC. Which is, of course, better looking, but not a generational leap.