• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Those clocks don't look impressive at all. Didn't ryzen 1 do 8c @ 4ghz?
4 GHz but at what TDP? Getting high clock speed is not impossible and is very doable. But the power consumption exponentially grows as you go up. There is a sweet spot that Sony will target. Consoles usually will not go above 200 watts overall.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if the CPU was only 3.2Ghz, it still absolutely annihilates the Jaguar, which is the most important thing.

About a 500-600% leap in compute power over Jaguar @1.6 if it's that clock although I expect that to be the high end of possible clocks. Anything between 2.8 and 3.2Ghz is realistic imo.

You all better get reading for DF pumping out nothing videos every time someone has some sliver of information on next gen consoles they are riff on for a few minutes.

Because you are in for 18 months of it.

That's the hustle. Richard and the lads don't work for free and I'm sure Eurogamer get quite the cut of ad-revenue :P.

I wonder if MS will again use DF for their more indepth hardware reveal. Seemed to work out well for the X.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
If the CPU is 3.2Ghz they have either invested heavily in the cooler, want it to sound like a turbo prop, or the drop to 7nm lowered TDP way more than I thought it would.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
About a 500-600% leap in compute power over Jaguar @1.6 if it's that clock although I expect that to be the high end of possible clocks. Anything between 2.8 and 3.2Ghz is realistic imo.

7nm will help a lot with power and heat, so shouldn't be too hard to get a good clock speed out of it, plus the tech has advanced a hell of a lot since Jaguar and is way more efficient, so even at a slower clock, it would still destroy the Jaguar CPU.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Summary? Can't watch atm

090833lvaa7cc7v2shav2c.jpg.thumb_.jpg

1.6 GHz base clock and 3.2 GHz boost clock, 8 core processor