• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

DF Retro x Modern? 3D Realms is back with a BRAND NEW first-person shooter based on the classic Duke Nukem 3D Build engine. Enhanced, upgraded, and with a modern gameplay design, does the fusion of retro and modern work? John Linneman says yes, delivering this detailed analysis.

Subscribe for more Digital Foundry: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribe Join the DF Patreon, support the team in producing work like this and get access to years' worth of pristine video downloads: https://www.digitalfoundry.net

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So many of these "New Games Using Old Engines" popped up at once that I'm losing track. Isn't there a one running the Doom engine and another one running the Quake engine?

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow I want it. The modern era is completely missing that old school fps level design and has been for twenty years.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, John just sold me on another game. I never play on PC any more, but Duke 3D is one of my all-time favorite FPSes and I can't wait for a console release for this one.

Didn't try the early access version, so I'll be going into the full version totally fresh. I cannot wait!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
This game will always and forever be titled Iron Maiden Fury in my mind.

Can't wait for the full campaign to drop tomorrow!

Oct 26, 2017
This looks neat, I'm glad they got the voxel sprites in there. Only thing I'm not liking is what's shown of the enemy designs, which is lacking the character of the ones in DN3D/SW.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Everything just looks right. Will be interesting to see which of these new old school FPS wins the crown in the end. Dusk is my favorite so far, but can't wait to get started in this.

Thanks for the video, DF.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
I love this retro revivals, and from those, Ion Maiden/Fury is on the top of my list, I have pretty big expectations for this, and the game seems to be delivering in spades, can't wait to play it. Digital Foundry again doing the good work.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This looks so friggin' good.

It might also be the most aesthetically pleasing game of the year for me. They've done such a good job with the level design.