• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Good port. It sounds like you wouldn't be doing a lot of ranged combat at the times it scales lowest but that's hard to say. Nice IQ regardless considering how well it hits the target framerate.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Got a free Founders Pass code at E3 so it gave me all the Champions at once. At $29.99, that's pretty good, but if you want to save money, I reccomend just buying the battle pack and buying your champions with in-game currency.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god

Game looks really good.

R8J2wOX.jpg

BUT........................................

Digital Foundry

Paladins runs at 60fps on Switch and it's superb ( X )

Switch=======378P

DON'T Buy The Switch ( O )

always like this
I believe red text is reserved for mods. Might wanna edit that.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I will definitely be downloading this to check out once the f2p one releases. Props to HiRez for their great work.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought Paladins or Fornite looked that bad.. 900p sounds about right. And dat 60fps is very sweet in Paladins

NEE HEE HEE

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait for people to come in this thread and complain that it drops to 378p in handheld mode at the absolute minimum.

Anyways, sounds like an incredible port. 60FPS is the best and this will be free to play soon too, right? I guess it should make up for Overwatch.

What the fuck lol. 378p that's hilarious.

Deleted member 20295

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Am I the only one who didn't even realise this game had such a big dynamic resolution range?, I play pretty much 50/50 in both docked/portable and I've never noticed a res drop that should be so noticeable.

In fact, I find it consistently good looking at all times in terms of graphics - and even performance, as the FPS drops so infrequently and the drops are only a frame or 2.

Fortnite is easily noticeable when it drops, this game - I think it looks and runs fantastically.

Last edited:
What the hell is this post
Its derailing trash.

I never thought Paladins or Fornite looked that bad.. 900p sounds about right. And dat 60fps is very sweet in Paladins
It speaks volumes to Hi-Rez's porting work, and also the scalabilty of this game. Thats what i like about this game. That it has this brightly colorful, pleasure-to-look-at artstyle and it just runs 60 fps on everything. This game is the very definition of It will run on a toaster, at 60 fps. Because it does.

What the fuck lol. 378p that's hilarious.
Given the context, is this some subtle sarcasm, or what am i missing here? Its on a 6 inch screen with an artstyle that removes most of the troubles associated with that low res.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Ok. Am I being thick or are the controls shonky? There seems to be a big dead zone in the middle of the sticks when you look around and when you look around it's literally turn at 100% speed or not at all i.e. When you're turning its the same speed whether you're only pushing the stick slightly to the left or all the way.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's a fantastic port. I've been playing loads of it on Switch. It runs great.

David

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Yokio
After playing OW I jumped in this game for my hero shooter fix and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised of how fun this is.

The game looks and plays great, is a joy to take this everywhere in portable mode.

Great job hirez!

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks quite good on switch, damn. Too bad I'm not spending more money to play a game I already own a lot of stuff in.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
After playing OW I jumped in this game for my hero shooter fix and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised of how fun this is.

The game looks and plays great, is a joy to take this everywhere in portable mode.

Great job hirez!

Really is a good port.
This looks quite good on switch, damn. Too bad I'm not spending more money to play a game I already own a lot of stuff in.

I think they were saying that they're looking into cross-progression and such, so hoping down the road.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Same here , after 200 hours of OW i came into this game not expecting much but i was pleasantly surprised by the game , and while it's not as polish as OW i think the champions balance is better because even as a support you can carry your team and do a lot of damage. The switch port is fantastic and plays great with the pro controller, only wish the loading times were shorter.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Ok. Am I being thick or are the controls shonky? There seems to be a big dead zone in the middle of the sticks when you look around and when you look around it's literally turn at 100% speed or not at all i.e. When you're turning its the same speed whether you're only pushing the stick slightly to the left or all the way.
Are you playing with the joycons or pro ? I don't have this problem when i play with my pro controller but aiming feels finicky whenever I use it portable with the joycons . Now i play with my pro controller on tabletop mode using my hori stand because it is frustrating playing a competitive game with the joycons .

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Impressive. I'm glad it help up against the X, but I don't know why DF always does Switch comparisons with X, I feel that is somewhat unfair. Especially the Fortnite, comparison which made no sense considering there already was a mobile version available begging to be put head-to-head with the Switch version.

Bru

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been playing Paladins throughout the weekend undocked on my Switch and it's a truly impressive port. The gameplay (mixed with hero skill customisation) lives up to the technical prowess of that slick 60 frames per second IMO.

I'm hooked.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Are you playing with the joycons or pro ? I don't have this problem when i play with my pro controller but aiming feels finicky whenever I use it portable with the joycons . Now i play with my pro controller on tabletop mode using my hori stand because it is frustrating playing a competitive game with the joycons .

I've since discovered that it's because I tried to remap the controls to southpaw. If I leave them as default they work as they should. Just need to work out if you can swap sticks without it knackering up movement.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I keep jumping between switch and x and it's damn impressive how similar they look. Plays buttery smooth as well, imo this holds up better than the fortnight port.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I keep jumping between switch and x and it's damn impressive how similar they look. Plays buttery smooth as well, imo this holds up better than the fortnight port.
Absolutely, the difference between Fortnite on my ps4 pro and switch is huge , not only because of the framerate but the visual downgrades are significant especially the horrible texture filtering.