• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
holy crap, I had not been following this game. This is awful. Hope they get it worked out in future patches

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
From my understanding people struggle to get good FPS on PC, so it's not surprising consoles would have trouble as well. Hopefully they can optimize it later down the road.

But only an average FPS increase of 2 between the systems is a bit surprising.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Full flat 4K on the X is impressive. It's a preview game so I'm hopeful that performance will improve as time goes on.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
You know, its kinda funny. Ive been playing PUBG in my 2012 mid-range PC, so I played it at 10-15fps. So compared to that, the Xbox version is wonderful.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
While this is clearly a work in progress, I wonder why there are those saying it is very smooth and runs great in the OT?

There are simply those who are less sensitive to framerate drops than others. I was told Battlefield 1 was smooth with little frame drops on PS4, but when I played it myself I couldn't stand it to the point I bought a Pro. Same can be used here where one group finds it acceptable, and the other group cannot stand it.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on. This is one thing they really shouldn't have dropped the ball on. Pretty much the Xbox killer app right now.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I see a mismatch between expectations and state of the game (with reference to the PC version too). I assume sooner or later (in this case later) frame rates will be optimized. Hopefully so.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Needs some work but that's early access for you. Still seems like PUBG, so the Xbox version will do well.

Oct 27, 2017
A drop of 5 or so frames might not be noticeable for some.

There are simply those who are less sensitive to framerate drops than others. I was told Battlefield 1 was smooth with little frame drops on PS4, but when I played it myself I couldn't stand it to the point I bought a Pro. Same can be used here where one group finds it acceptable, and the other group cannot stand it.

I get that, if it was let's say 60fps and dips 5 frames, but when there is a quote from DF that says, "borderline horrendous", that I would think is pretty damned noticeable by the masses. Not words in the OT like, "runs very smooth", etc..

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Looked rough as hell in the preview footage I remember seeing. Surprised it didn't get addressed despite all the help MS was giving them.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The game runs awful on PC as well, this is expected really. At this point, I doubt the game is ever going to run great, they haven't been able to iron it out on PC after all this time either.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This is the least surprising result imaginable lol.

There is absolutely no need this needs to be full 4K on the XBX. Reduce the resolution for performance's sake guys .. come on. A game like this needs to be a rock solid 30 at the very least if not a wavering 60.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Its not surprising, i think people are forgetting its a preview game and how it is on pc aswell, its a work in progress.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
X is a beast.

Should have gone dynamic or lower resolution that gets the game locked.. 4k doesn't really add that much to a game that is not known as a looker.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

There is absolutely no need this needs to be full 4K on the XBX. Reduce the resolution for performance's sake guys .. come on. A game like this needs to be a rock solid 30 at the very least if not a wavering 60.

It's likely they pushed for 4k because of CPU limitations. Hence the 1080p on One S.

LordOcidax

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... This is the big title for Xbox this christmas?? I know is not a Microsoft game... but damn... WTH...

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Member was warned for 'console wars' posting
You can tell a product will be bad when no footage of it have been shown until the release of the game, not a good look on M$ and Bluehole.

Lmao and r/XboxOne have been saying "Performance is Amazing!!".

Xbox fans are the worst people in tech talks, just don't bother.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By now, most mid/high-end PCs can run it at a locked 60fps if the user knows how to properly tweak the settings.
my high end pc ranges from 40fps to 110 in any game. It doesn't really matter that users are able to reach those FPS, you shouldn't need to turn most graphical settings down to very low to keep a stable framerate.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

CPU is most likely the limiting factor here so going for full 4K likely has minimal impact in this case.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they go for 4K when the frame rate is a piece of shit?! Especially for a shooter like this where fast pace and reactions matter.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because it's difficult for most to discern the difference between 27 and 30 frames per second.

That is the 'average', there are some good dips and hitches.

Moving onto deployment into the game's single map (the PC's second map is en route), performance continues to be a struggle, kicking off with a prolonged stutter before moving on to 15-20fps territory as the transport plane flies above the map. In terms of first impressions, PUBG is borderline horrendous - an assault of low quality artwork, jarring pop-in and disappointing performance. Input lag also feels off - whether that's down to deadzone issues on the analogue sticks or the variable frame-rate remains to be seen (it's something we're looking into) and in this respect at least, it's the same story whether you're gaming on a standard Xbox or the X.

That is pretty noticeable, and nothing like 'runs really smooth' being posted.

I am sorry, but 15-20fps is very noticeable by all. That is Ocarina and OG SotC territory of frame-rate.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate. Really puzzling decision to go for visuals over framerate. Visuals add so little to the game as opposed to a stable and ideally high (60) framerate. Gutted for the XOX owners.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
From my understanding people struggle to get good FPS on PC, so it's not surprising consoles would have trouble as well. Hopefully they can optimize it later down the road.

But only an average FPS increase of 2 between the systems is a bit surprising.
It's actually pretty much exactly what is to be expected since (it seems) the CPU is the limiting factor.

I'm sure performance will improve, it is EA after all.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The user was warned for this post. Don't insult an entire user base.
Consoles can't do early access games it seems. The concept is just too much for the user base to comprehend.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if PlayerUnknown has a secret skunkworks project to rebuild the whole game on a stable tech foundation. That Fortnight was able to come out and implement a pretty solid Battle Royale in short order should give the PUBG devs a lot of anxiety.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
A shame they couldn't launch it with the new map, it's incredibly more optimized.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Member was warned for thread whining.
Thread is going full on GAF apparently. This was all expected, the game is in preview, the purpose of the preview is to continuously test updates with a large community. The thread title should be changed