• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People are really scrambling to find any evidence they can to put the Xbox one X in a bad light. I feel for those people.
Dude if u do not show your dissatisfaction with these issues developers will not iron out many kinks and u ll end up with an average product as ironing out kinks means money spent for the developer. Clips like these puts the pin on the developer to get their shit together and fix stuff. So don't be so defensive . It is good for you as an x owner at the end of the road .
It has nothing to do with x power but with how developer has rushed this game and is charging people for a beta . U need to speak up otherwise it will become norm .

Nov 15, 2017
This is a perfect example of people jumping on anything on Xbox.
People are really scrambling to find any evidence they can to put the Xbox one X in a bad light. I feel for those people.

Honestly, I don't know what's funnier, the number of people disappointed in it or the number of people rushing to defend it at all costs.

Do I think some of the Xbox hate is overblown? Sure. Do I think some of the hair-trigger defensive mechanisms are overblown? Absolutely. People have a right to be critical about things. You're free to your opinion, and especially so when you're wrong. You'll never have the opportunity to learn anything otherwise, and I think a lot of people need to get comfortable with this idea on a lot of topics.

Feels like this was released just to keep a promise.

bvwa69fwzmw2cs6.gif

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

This is an early access preview title
that has framerate issues on PC. It was always going to launch rough on console. But it's a preview title that will change over time. It has been developed by a very small team too.

The reactions would be entirely different by the majority were this a PlayStation game.

I'm not talking about DF, they are just reporting the performance. But the reactions of some posters acting like this is MS' fault or acting like this isn't a preview game.

The perspective of a "preview title" changes a bit when you're selling it on retail shelves, imho. This isn't an open beta.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still trying to downplay how it runs on PCs right now, lmao. That's fake news right there.

Yes it has problems, but you don't need a beast CPU to get decent performance, not even trying to say 60fps here, just decent.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Let's cool it with the posts laughing at other people or that are just memes. If you've got something to contribute, then please join the discussion.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn this is my son's Christmas present (well one of them) but I also was looking forward to playing it so I hope some patches will make it perform better.

Btw we are currently fort nite addicts on ps4 :)

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please stop saying it doesn't run well on a high end PC?

Game runs at a locked 60 in mid-range PC's. Stop spreading wrong information. That is if you tweak the graphics though. Game is still not greatly optimized, but it's decent now on PC.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but it still costs money and it's on shelves for the masses

It's being sold as a "Game Preview version" on the Xbox digital storefront, and at all retailers that are selling the game. Yes it's a game that can be purchased for money, but I think there's information available to inform people that this game is not a complete game yet.

Per Best Buy's store listing:
*Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product. [xbox.com/gamepreview]. Xbox Live Gold required to play (sold separately).

If you're questioning whether or not this should cost money due to the status of the game, I think with the messaging available and the knowledge that the game will only improve with time as it works towards "1.0 status" it's fair to sell it to consumers. I think overall Game Preview is a great way for developers build, test, and improve their games, while getting it into the hands of fans. If I had to choose between getting the game now, or waiting till spring/summer for a 1.0, personally I choose now. And if that's not satisfactory for a person as a consumer, they can choose to wait.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Can we have way upgraded CPUs next gen with the same GPUs? I'd take that trade off.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly, I don't know what's funnier, the number of people disappointed in it or the number of people rushing to defend it at all costs.

Do I think some of the Xbox hate is overblown? Sure. Do I think some of the hair-trigger defensive mechanisms are overblown? Absolutely. People have a right to be critical about things. You're free to your opinion, and especially so when you're wrong. You'll never have the opportunity to learn anything otherwise, and I think a lot of people need to get comfortable with this idea on a lot of topics.
With the image macros and gifs you've posted in this thread, I don't think what you're doing is criticism.

Max Payne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the performance it truly a joke. I can't imagine someone can enjoy a game that runs that bad nowdays. I expected it to be 30 fps stable with maybe minor dips below that.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, you can't make that "preview title" claim when you can buy it off a shelf. I don't buy "preview liquor," "preview soap," "preview meat" or "preview movies" from shelves.
This is what I'm saying. It's the retail release, it has a box, people are gonna be able to buy this edition for years from online or off shelves.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
While this is clearly a work in progress, I wonder why there are those saying it is very smooth and runs great in the OT?
Every match start is pretty terrible and then gets a lot better. It also seems to improve when you play many matches in a sitting.

That's a detail DF glanced over, but could offer more detail. For instance they even had a scene with vehicles running smoothly.

It seems at least that Ms massively optimized the renderer, but there's still a lot of work to be done on streaming assets.

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

Game runs at a locked 60 in mid-range PC's. Stop spreading wrong information. That is if you tweak the graphics though. Game is still not greatly optimized, but it's decent now on PC.

Its a method of diminishing how it runs on Xbox One X by equating it to the performance on the PC, by exaggerating / lying about the state of performance on PC.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

I watch people on better rigs than mine...which is better than an X still get weird stuttering, screen tearing, major frame drops, etc. It's still way better then what's reported here but it's not a smooth experience the whole way through.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
and pc!

the game still needs a ton of work

No. It runs OK on low cost gaming PC's. I have a $450 PC (g4560/1050ti/16gb Ram), at settings that look about the same as, maybe a bit better than the XBX (not at 4K though, at 1080p, talking about stuff like draw distance / shadows AA etc), Im usually north of 65fps, often north of 70, almost never south of 60.

The CPU in this current console generation is rubbish at this point, PS4 / XB both, and what they and other devs manage to get out of it is pretty amazing. The game has no right to run on a XB1 jaguar CPU, but it does it well enough to enjoy the darn game

The game doesn't scale up onto high end rigs as well, seems less optimized at the top, but it runs pretty good on pretty tame hardware.

GNEVERD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another thing worth mentioning - it feels *HORRIBLE* to play on console. Severe input lag, a badly configured deadzone and jittery performance. It is the single worst playing shooter I've experienced on a console in the last decade. The interface and controls are straight awful.

They have so much work to do.
Wow! Yeah, I'm not buying this...until the summer.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
game runs like like shit on alot of PCs not surprised to see some of the same issues on console

hopefully it was a contract mandated release and not what they actually thought was a good port

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Don't bother with what people say about performance on forums unless you actually know and trust their opinion. Half the time when people in OT threads say a game is fine or smooth it's actually dropping pretty often. Even XB2 handheld had people saying it ran and looked great.

That said, anyone who was familiar with the PC version would have expected this poor performance. There's no secret sauce that will magically make it run better just because it's on a console.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to take it that the idea of the game being in "Game Preview" standings would explain why it is underperforming at the moment. Hopefully we'll see improvements in the game's performance next year, but for now, it makes me feel like I should hold off on getting PUBG until these issues are properly addressed.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't bother with what people say about performance on forums unless you actually know and trust their opinion. Half the time when people in OT threads say a game is fine or smooth it's actually dropping pretty often. Even XB2 handheld had people saying it ran and looked great.

This. Hell, even Rocket League people kept saying it was fine when undocked it clearly wasn't (framerate wise).

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to justify this game being on Xbox...

Its tagged as early access
Its $30

Seems ok so far as it clearly states what state the game is in.

Only thing that concerns me is that its being sold in stores physically which will be seen as a full game release

Should digital only at this point.
The box has a yellow banner on it that says Game Preview Edition. I don't know how people would miss it.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is an early access preview title that has framerate issues on PC. It was always going to launch rough on console. But it's a preview title that will change over time. It has been developed by a very small team too.

The reactions would be entirely different by the majority were this a PlayStation game.

I'm not talking about DF, they are just reporting the performance. But the reactions of some posters acting like this is MS' fault or acting like this isn't a preview game.
no this is an example if people giving a pass to something that doesn't deserve a pass, this is a big issue when it's not a locked 30. It is really noticeable, I normally never notice frame rate but I'm extremely disappointed by the performance. Who knows who is to blame but it should have been delayed until it was fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Horrible analogy. This is software we're talking about here. The box clearly says "Game preview" and "Game is a work in progress".

You know what else says "game is a work in progress"... demos and betas. It is semantics. You are literally paying for a beta, and testing it for them. Now if people want to do that, then fine, there is no issue, but let's call a spade a spade here. They use 'early access', because charing for the word 'beta' is a bad look.

This is probably why I can never see myself getting into game previews, 30 bucks is still money, and paying that much for a work in progress on the promise that it might be up to par with industry standards is still a gamble. Who knows how long people are going to be waiting for PUBG to be up to snuff.

Agreed. I also will refuse to pay for a beta. If others will, then it is your choice, but 'game preview' is just a way to charge you to beta test en mass, IMO.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably why I can never see myself getting into game previews, 30 bucks is still money, and paying that much for a work in progress on the promise that it might be up to par with industry standards is still a gamble. Who knows how long people are going to be waiting for PUBG to be up to snuff.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
What i do love about DF is that they forward their findings to devs, we got improvements with Titanfall and Fortnite almost immediately. Im not expecting the same promptness but MS will obviously be eager to smooth this out, this is great by DF and NXG.

But why do we get these predictable reactions? Its obvious there will be more dev put into all these games to make improvements, why do certain people take current snapshots of these games as the 'final' version then rage? We got the same with Fortnite "scale down res! Xbox cant handle it" like they knew the source code, Epic shortly released a patch that maintained res and improved performance. Seriously, It doesn't help the discussion in anyway.

Well said. I made a similar comment about the work that DF does and to me it is two-fold, where we "end users" get some technical insight on how a game performs but also the Dev. get's information as well. The Titanfall 2 example, which I used when I made my comment about DF would of probably not have been fixed if DF did not discover the issue.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a part of the community, but is there any possibility of dropping player count to like 75 and decreasing map size to counter the performance issues? Or is PUBG only popular because of its format on PC?

Nov 15, 2017
It's being sold as a "Game Preview version" on the Xbox digital storefront, and at all retailers that are selling the game. Yes it's a game that can be purchased for money, but I think there's information available to inform people that this game is not a complete game yet.
As if the long-standing controversy about selling "incomplete" games at retail in the modern era wasn't bad enough, we've now found a way to normalize that practice by saying it's a "game preview" you have the option of paying for.

I feel that it has begun.