• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
USA

ZrwEdoL.png

I'm at work but will do summary when I can or if someone makes one, I'll add it to OP

Last edited:

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking forward to this, too many settings to go through and test for myself.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
The little time it worked for me was absolutely stunning. I'll revisit when I have a hexacore ryzen/intel in the future. It was too much fun for me to just run around in the snow and watch it crumble. Absolute achievement in technology.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Just finished watching it. Fantastic video. Great work Dictator

This paints one hell of a portrait for this port.

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
No.

But the video has nothing to do with that.

Because of a few (all be it some of them rather major) bugs that will likely be ironed out in a week or two?

Performance wise it seems like about what your expect. Many of the ultra settings going way beyond what he XBOX one X was doing.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Because of a few (all be it some of them rather major) bugs that will likely be ironed out in a week or two?

Performance wise it seems like about what your expect. Many of the ultra settings going way beyond what he XBOX one X was doing.

Tehnical problems aren't bugs.

I'm not even gonna bother to list what's wrong with the game since everyone can know where to look.

It's absoltuley disgusts me that people actually have to defend this in some way.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Short question: is the port good or not?
Performance-wise, yes. They should have communicated what each setting does better though.
Also, there are bugs (like the game not even launching for some people) that need to be fixed.
If they add more explanations to the settings menu and fix the bugs, this will be a "good port." Nothing a couple of patches can't address. Basically, wait for the Steam version.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Someone did their fucking homework.

Just awestruck at the approach and documentation to proving your points. Hopefully one thread on RDR2 gets checked every time dumb opinions come up with this video being being a good debunker of crap opinions.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Really useful to have a chart like this.

ZrwEdoL.png
Stuff like this should be provided by developers and be in game by default under it's own preset( drop the console names to not offend MS and Sony or whatever )

This is pretty much what hundreds of artists and graphics guys though would be the best compromise between their team overall vision and hardware requirements. No reason not to have this as a baseline in PC ports of multiplatform games.

Nice work, Dictator!

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

The major problems that RDR 2 has like crashing, stuttering, lock ups aren't bugs.

Waking up to your map being half undiscovered despite you pretty much playing for 20 hours is a bug.

The game does actually have quite some bugs from last year that didn't even bother to fix but they have nothing to do with the real tehnical problems that the game suffers from.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
God damn incredible work! Right up there with the best DF has ever done , can't wait to tweak the settings for the Steam release. Insane work, bravo!

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Great video. The half hour flew by in an instance.

Some of those options really improve the look a lot. More than the usual increase in effect resolution or whatever variables could be tweaked. Like the lighting setting adding moonlight or the additional light bounces and the water physics. I think Rockstar made sure to reimplement some stuff that they had to cut for performance reasons on console. Makes me want to wait for GPUs that can handle it all at 4k 60.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Would be interesting to have a follow up video explaining what gpu/cpu combo you would need to replicate xbox 1 settings and performance. The price to performance ratio would be interesting to see.

Im going to try out the 1x settings to see what i get in 4k with a 2080. its not the ti version, so i wonder if i will get 60fps.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Some of those options really improve the look a lot. More than the usual increase in effect resolution or whatever variables could be tweaked. Like the lighting setting adding moonlight or the additional light bounces and the water physics. I think Rockstar made sure to reimplement some stuff that they had to cut for performance reasons on console. Makes me want to wait for GPUs that can handle it all at 4k 60.
My feel is the opposite, most settings do surprisingly little to improve the graphics over consoles plus the texture quality setting seems just broken. I'm not buying the "upgraded for PC" spiel considering how broken the game is in general with crashes, mission bugs, bad keyboard controls and menus. At this point I'm going to leave the game for a while and play Death Stranding and when I'm done RDR2 will hopefully be fixed.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Nice! So as already expected, lots of flexibility and scalability in the PC version, and if you absolutely need to match console experience, it's definitely not in the all ultra / high settings- an assumption that shouldn't be made in the first place, when these terms have no fixed definition and vary per game wildly

Disappointing that textures are not as scalable, but all the enhanced IQ possibilities are excellent and make a very clear difference

So far a number of issues from launch are cleared up, so I'm expecting to dive in at Steam release without issues.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this should be provided by developers and be in game by default under it's own preset( drop the console names to not offend MS and Sony or whatever )

This is pretty much what hundreds of artists and graphics guys though would be the best compromise between their team overall vision and hardware requirements. No reason not to have this as a baseline in PC ports of multiplatform games.
I even made a thread about it!

And got shit ton of dumb unnecessary resistance to it.

Anyway, Xbone X has 6TFLOPS and runs 30fps with drops. 2080Ti has 13TFLOPS and runs 60fps with reserve for extra settings at the same detail. Therefore the PC version is optimized perfectly fine - pretty much identically as Xbone X version. This game will scale far into the future.

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I'll try this out then increase certain settings to get the best possible quality at 1080p@60fps on a GTX980ti.
My current settings have a locked 60fps in the wild but every time I ride into any civilized area the frames just tank and slowly recover over a few seconds (to 30fps roughly).

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Wait, Dictator video?

S4OSbb1.jpg

I really loved the video though! Between this and the Star Citizen video, Alex is bringing some amazing quality to an already amazing channel.

I finished the game on PS4Pro last year, but watching this makes me wanna give it another go...

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
Great job Alex! I'm having fun with the game, it's going to be fun coming back to this a couple of graphic cards down the road!

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Lol 30minutes PC performance video. Will watch later today it tomorrow.

Wont buy the game until I build my new PC (prob 2020/2021) to play this in 4k/60.

Still rocking a GTX970. Played the game on the Pro and am kinda missing it (sold it already).

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
This sort of detail should be included within the games options imo.

Dictator absolutley fantastic work and I really appreciate the time and effort that went into this, I know for an absolute fact you must have been pulling your hair out.

I have a locked 60fps on my 1080ti thanks to you at just below native 4k with no noticeable image quality loss, so thank you.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I even made a thread about it!

And got shit ton of dumb unnecessary resistance to it.

Anyway, Xbone X has 6TFLOPS and runs 30fps with drops. 2080Ti has 13TFLOPS and runs 60fps with reserve for extra settings at the same detail. Therefore the PC version is optimized perfectly fine - pretty much identically as Xbone X version. This game will scale far into the future.
I wouldn't call rare dips below 30 fps a definition of a game at 30 fps with drops. It drops very occasionally and it's one of the most 'locked' 30 fps experience I played on the X. But surely lighting is very low buffer compared to the pc setting if we want to point out to one of the worst aspect of the graphic setting.