• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
youtu.be

The Last Of Us Part 2 - PS4 Pro - Hands-On First Impressions

There's only so much we can reveal in the here and now, but to get some idea of how we are getting on with The Last of Us Part 2, John Linneman and Rich Lead...

Written article is also up:

www.eurogamer.net

The Last of Us Part 2: hands-on with Naughty Dog's stunning farewell to PS4

The last big hurrah of the PlayStation 3 era, The Last of Us launched on June 14th, 2013 - five months before the arriv…

lets gooo

edit oops, no DF in title, my bad. edit again, thanks mods!

-1440p. ND's own temporal AA is phenomenal. Image quality very good but not perfect
- performance is solid at 30fps, with few deviations, and actually improved overall compared to Uncharted 4's showing on PlayStation 4 Pro
-hardly any electric lights. most lighting is from natural sources
-very impressed with quality of screen spaced reflections. might have used boxed cubed maps
-using Motion Matching animation system (some evolved version)
-AI feels less dumb. Action of friendly NPCs are more believable, react to enemies more realistically. AI companion doesnt just run out in the open like previous.
-really likes the interface. clean and simple. more detail in the future full breakdown.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
India
www.resetera.com

The Last of Us Part II Preview Thread

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/01/last-us-part-2-hands-preview-love-hate-seattle-12787736/ https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/reviews/playstation/152387-the-last-of-us-2-review https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/gaming/last-of-us-part-2-first-impressions-ellie-a4456301.html...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
www.resetera.com

The Last of Us Part II Preview Thread

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/01/last-us-part-2-hands-preview-love-hate-seattle-12787736/ https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/reviews/playstation/152387-the-last-of-us-2-review https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/gaming/last-of-us-part-2-first-impressions-ellie-a4456301.html...
DF usually get their own threads because what they analize is different from the other previews/reviews. Your point?

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I'm afraid of seeing the top comment, IDK why sometimes YouTube show it and sometimes you have to click to see any comment.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
So, they don't divulge the resolution? I'm not touching that video with a 10-foot pole, since I have been avoiding everything concerning this game. I am going in as dark as I possibly can.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Great video and excited to see their full version. Also want to play through Uncharted 4 and Last of Us Part I again as I never did on Pro.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Looks pretty good, although as John noted not amazing on first glance due the art direction not focussing on bringing out the eye candy that much. But I'm sure playing it and noticing all the little details will create a better impression.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the "not amazing on first glance part". I was impressed from the start with the complete footage

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
They should add a sharpness option like some of the games with TAA, I believe Doom has it? Even better if they can apply the AMD RIS/ new nvidia freestyle sharpening which works amazingly well with TAA blur. It's better than a typical sharpening filter. I pretty much leave it always on in my nvidia control panel. Everything just looks sharp.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Rendering resolution on PlayStation 4 Pro is still 1440p, backed up by the firm's clean temporal anti-aliasing solution. Performance is solid at 30fps, with few deviations, and actually improved overall compared to Uncharted 4's showing on PlayStation 4 Pro. In terms of image quality and frame-rate, we don't anticipate many complaints.

Despite the much larger scope and scale of the game, the general performance is *improved* over UC4.

Wow.

Bearly_There

Mar 16, 2020
They say that technically it's superb on PS4 Pro and hint that it's also a great game, but they can't talk about it yet.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they will have an upgrade update for the PS5 to allow RT instead of those shadow maps and SSR. While they are good they still have some jittering and flickering.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The scale is larger but Uncharted 4 is a very different kind of shooter. More explosions, particles and heavy action based compared to this game.

TLoU 1 on PS3 had notably worse performance compared to Uncharted 2/3. I'm glad to see a similar turn of events isn't happening this time around.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Meh I can make such levels on Unreal Engine

giphy.gif

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
The materials on the water pipes looked great.

Edit: Light on the vent shafts is top as well. Not just a crappy texture like is usually the case.

Last edited:

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Naughty Dogs HDR has evolved? Do they even support WCG even tho the game has a monochromatic look.
"hardly any electric lights. most lighting is from natural sources"

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear it's running well on the Pro but I'd really prefer and want to hear how performance is on the OG launch PS4.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Basically the video was nothing new sorry DF.

Embargoes are a hell of a drug.

If Eurogamer load up articles to their servers early you could probably find the full article on there.

But yeah.
From their earlier impressions to this one it seems ND has all but delivered on what they promised so there isnt much they can talk about.

If anything its basically just a confirmation that the game hasnt experienced a downgrade.

I still want to play with MotionMatching and thats all.
Give me a Sandbox mode to just mess about with the system.

Great to hear it's running well on the Pro but I'd really prefer and want to hear how performance is on the OG launch PS4.

1080p30 almost guaranteed.
Im guessing the embargo right now doesnt let them talk about base console performance since ND hasnt actually shown off any of the base console stuff yet.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's all about ps4 pro nowadays, i want to see how it look and run on OG PS4

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Guessing this batch of previews is from a curated event. I don't think we'll get OG PS4 specific info until release.

Embargo'd as fuck for sure.
Eurogamer is big enough im sure they actually have a copy or two in their offices and they just cant actually speak about stuff that ND themselves havent revealed.....and base console performance is something ND havent come out with yet.

A bunch of people have already completed retail builds of the game even surprisingly small outlets got copies.