• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't know the game was $40. I mean I don't mind if it's a full priced game but I was expecting it was going to be a small game like the one's before it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in Blighty e-shop, I am disappointed, I suppose I could just pick back up the recently discounted Last Ranger which is exactly the same as the first game so far.
I hope DHB is different.

OP
OP
King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing in Blighty e-shop, I am disappointed, I suppose I could just pick back up the recently discounted Last Ranger which is exactly the same as the first game so far.
I hope DHB is different.

Sorry dude, should've know it was only in NA (for now at least)
Loved Last Ranger BTW. It has the mercenaries, train and some new enemies.

OP
OP
King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressions!

Loved the introduction, very intense action. Still don't know what to think about the Miis (hopefully the mercs form Last Ranger appear later on) And button inputs are welcome (after 2 games of touch screen only. It changes the setting a bit: Now it's a combination of The good the bad and the ugly and Mad Max lol,. Loved it and can't wait for the full release! (getting this on retail)

Malms

Oct 26, 2017
I just gave this a shot and thought it was great. I was really surprised at how good the production values seem to be, in particular. I'm just about sold on it, though for $40, I'd love to know if anyone has played the Japanese release and has thoughts to share!

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Also played the demo and thought my impression is pretty good too. Looks like it's definitely worth the asking price. The racing combat feels like Mad Max Fury Road .

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
So I just gave the demo a spin, and my opinions are...mixed.
Like, what you play in the demo itself is good, if a bit simple. I can understand why that is given it's apparently the very first thing in the game and I can safely assume that your options open up more as you get further in. The action of racing down the road, slamming/grinding through enemies is satisfying once you get up to full speed. Good first impression.

And then the demo ends.

Like...hey you're not even going to give me a little taste of what will probably comprise more than half the game's content? Not even the briefest intros to any of the tower defense mechanics? It makes it really hard to judge whether I'd be interested in actually buying the game, doubly so as tower defense is usually one of my least-liked genres, so I hoped this demo could try and show me that this might twist the formula enough to keep me engaged. Now I'm just left to assume how the rest of the game will play and that leaves me iffy about it.
It's a shame, because I generally like the setting and the characters and overall style of Dillon, but I've never managed to actually buy into the games themselves.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's... Mad Max + Animal Crossing?

There's even a gyro pilot in the trailer.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love the style of this series and Dillon as a character, but the gameplay felt so underwhelming.

RoboBat

Nov 8, 2017
US
I too would love Dillon to succeed and continue on Switch. I loved the demo, I've been meaning to finish the first two games but haven't gotten around to them but I am VERY excited for the new mechanics this game appears to be bringing and hope it draws in many new fans.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any idea if this game's plot is connected to the first two Dillon games? I have them both but haven't finished them, so I'm wondering if I should do that before playing this one...

Love the Amiimals, though, lol.

OP
OP
King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this getting an American retail release?

I heard that only EU and JP will get retail. Hopefully Reggie doesn't cheap out on this.

Anyone have any idea if this game's plot is connected to the first two Dillon games? I have them both but haven't finished them, so I'm wondering if I should do that before playing this one...

Love the Amiimals, though, lol.

Only played The Last Ranger and AFAIK I don't think I lost that much lore.

RoboBat

Nov 8, 2017
US
Are you ever just so thrilled for a game just based on how much it has changed visually, not to mention the huge gameplay overhaul it appears to be bringing? Cause this..
latest

to this...

latest

to THIS..

Dillons-Dead-Heat-3DS_03-08-18.jpg

Props to developers Vanpool. I'm so excited for this game.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just played the demo. Never played a Dillon game before but that was pretty fun. Really curious to see the TD elements though. Otherwise I'm thinking this and Warioware will be the 2/3 games I buy for an eventual b2g1 free.