• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Welcome fellow D20 viewers to the new OT for the brand-new full season of Dimension 20!
So before I get this started I wanted to put a quick reminder about how the Unsleepin City will work as some people I saw on Twitter were confused about it. As they were unsure if this was going to be more like Fantasy High or Escape From the Bloodkeep. Well allow me to take a second and explain it!
Unlike the mini season "Escape from the Blood Keep" All of the original player cast members from Fantasy High are returning as brand-new characters in a brand-new setting!(As this OT is going live a few days before the first episode airs info will remain a bit scare till, I can sit down and type out the character overviews we'll get from episode 1.) Meaning if you fell in love with this show thanks to the great performance of the original cast. This season will be right up your alley!

With that out of the way welcome to the Unsleeping City!

About the Unsleeping City
New York City one of the greatest places on earth. You'll be wowed by so many of the things this city has to offer like the lights, the people, the music, and the rats. People like to say that when you put all these together you get a city that really feels like it's magical. But that can't be right, right? This is New York City the city that never sleeps. There can't be trolls disguised as bikers getting wasted at the bar. Nor can there be talking rats helping the drunks of NYC get home safely. Or 400 year old elves preforming on Broadway every night. Unless we weren't in the city that never sleeps. We're un the other side of NYC, The Unsleeping City.

For more info check out this great trailer!

Meet the cast
Brian Murphy returns as Kugrash the giant rat!

Zack Oyma returns as Ricky Matsui the human!

Emily Axford returns as Sofia Biciclta a human who works at a bridal shop!

Siobhan Thompson returns as an elf!
(https://twitter.com/vornietom/status/1139582602157756416)

Ally Beardsley returns as Pete the Plug a human!
https://twitter.com/agbeardsley/status/1139574912937422848

Lou Wilson returns as Kingston Brown a human!
https://twitter.com/LouWilzon/status/1139595362388209664

(Sorry I had to use hyperlinks for two characters. Ran out of media links. Will fix later)

How to watch Dimesnion 20: The Unsleeping City​
Dimension 20 is a tv series created for Dropout. College Humors subscription service. But episodes are uploaded to YouTube on occasion but never the full season! In order to watch it in full you'll need to sign up for https://www.dropout.tv/ .After that you are all good to go!

*Episode 1 is available to watch for free on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI5nFEZk690

Now that this short little OT is out of the way. Let the adventures begin!​

Last edited:

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for it to start. People slept on Fantasy High and Escape from the Bloodkeep. I look forward to seeing the crazy shit Emily Axeford comes up with

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
Grand OT there my man!
I am so hyped!

So just a question regarding spoilers, since us with dropout have the episodes available before youtubers: Will we have open discussion as soon as an episode is out on dropout, or should we spoiler-tag until it hits youtube? I myself prefer the former, but it might not be so nice for new people comming who do not have dropout yet (although the open discussion might persuade them to get dropout 😜 )

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Can't wait for it to start. People slept on Fantasy High and Escape from the Bloodkeep. I look forward to seeing the crazy shit Emily Axeford comes up with
I'm really hoping she makes that Wild Magic sorcerer she always says she wants to make. I feel like she could do some amazing things with a character like that.

Grand OT there my man!
I am so hyped!

So just a question regarding spoilers, since us with dropout have the episodes available before youtubers: Will we have open discussion as soon as an episode is out on dropout, or should we spoiler-tag until it hits youtube? I myself prefer the former, but it might not be so nice for new people comming who do not have dropout yet (although the open discussion might persuade them to get dropout 😜 )
Honestly I think open spoilers are fine for everything that isn't major. I also have good confidence in peoples abilities to figure out what constitutes major spoilers haha.

Anyway here's to the OT and hopefully we can get like 3 more people active in this thread when the show airs!

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 worth watching? And if so should I WATCH it or do they have it in Podcast form, is that ok?

Last edited:

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
Season 1 worth watching? And if so should I WATCH it or do they have it in Podcast form, is is that ok?
If you have ever enjoyed D&D, College Humor, or High School sitcoms, yes it is very VERY much worth watching!
And I'd recommend watching it because they 3D print scenery and characters making it a very watchable experience.

Just going to leave this here:

This is FANTASTIC! One of the absolutely best running gags!

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really hoping she makes that Wild Magic sorcerer she always says she wants to make. I feel like she could do some amazing things with a character like that.
She is very creative and thinks outside of the box a lot. Plus she's hilarious. I'm sure she would do wonders with that.
Season 1 worth watching? And if so should I WATCH it or do they have it in Podcast form, is that ok?
You should watch it because of the production value they have with the sets, the editing, and whatnot. But you can just listen to it and still have a great time. Unfortunately, they don't have it in podcast form, but the dropout app lets you listen to whatever show in the background

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally watched it and it was really good. I binged all of Fantasy High so it sucks now that I have to watch this week to week

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Finally watched it and it was really good. I binged all of Fantasy High so it sucks now that I have to watch this week to week
Sorta the same story on my end. I only found out about Fantasy High when it had 13 episodes out. So the wait wasn't that bad. But the Unsleeping city is gonna be brutal since I'll have to wait for all of it week to week.

Also help I can't start the first episode yet cause one of my friends wants to watch it together and that won't happen till Saturday.

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
The first episode was great! The characters are REALLY entertaining, and we are getting a bit of info about how the unsleeping city is different from regular NY. It is pretty rad, and I look forward to see how the story progresses.
Kingston Brown is the best character.

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I just caught up as well. Fortunately, I was only listening to the main story. I still got Trinyvale and their assorted live shows to go through
Yooo you're Gonna love them. Trinyvale is ace and the characters Murph, Jake, and Emily make play off each other so dang well. And Caldwell does a really good job as a first time DM too!

Live shows are also great but be to watch them in order of release. As they ramp up in quality fast and if you start with the latest the others won't be as funny in comparison.

Oh and if you ever wanna join the Patreon for the short rest be warned. It's mostly them shooting the shit with a little bit of talking about what just happened in the latest episode.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dimension 20? It's a DnD series put on by CollegeHumor. The DM is Brennan Lee Mulligan of CollegeHumor. It's separated into different seasons.

Fantasy High, the first season, is described as what if a John Hughes film was a 5e campaign.

Escape from the Bloodkeep is basically the finale of the Lord of the Rings from the villain's point of view. Bloodkeep is notable because Matt Mercer is a player in it.

The third season is the current one that just began: the Unsleeping City which has the same players from the first season.

It's all very comedic with the added bonus that most of the players are comedic improvisers. It is very hilarious and at some points, very touching. Check out the first episode of Fantasy High on youtube.

Oh and if you ever wanna join the Patreon for the short rest be warned. It's mostly them shooting the shit with a little bit of talking about what just happened in the latest episode.
Thanks for the tip and I already subscribed to it so I can hear them talk about Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Dimension 20? It's a DnD series put on by CollegeHumor. The DM is Brennan Lee Mulligan of CollegeHumor. It's separated into different seasons.

Fantasy High, the first season, is described as what if a John Hughes film was a 5e campaign.

Escape from the Bloodkeep is basically the finale of the Lord of the Rings from the villain's point of view. Bloodkeep is notable because Matt Mercer is a player in it.

The third season is the current one that just began: the Unsleeping City which has the same players from the first season.

It's all very comedic with the added bonus that most of the players are comedic improvisers. It is very hilarious and at some points, very touching. Check out the first episode of Fantasy High on youtube.

Thanks for the tip and I already subscribed to it so I can hear them talk about Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Is it like critical role? I can't watch right now, I'll have to check it.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Zac was my mvp of fantasy high, but Emily has a strong start with Sofia. Depending on how Emily builds her, monks can do some wacky shit

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Lmao nice
At some point this OT may turn into a secondary Naddpod OT for us lmao.
Zac was my mvp of fantasy high, but Emily has a strong start with Sofia. Depending on how Emily builds her, monks can do some wacky shit
Same Zac stole the show for me in Fantasy High. I'm also really excited to see Murph and Emily flesh out their characters in this campaign. I feel like they are gonna do some next level shit here.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At some point this OT may turn into a secondary Naddpod OT for us lmao.
I am completely fine with that. Let me just go get my wimple so I can fight these draculas. I really hate these draculas.

Emily was my mvp in Fantasy High despite her being completely useless in the first battle

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Brennan is absolutely a top notch DM. I never got Dropout so couldn't finish the first season but I'm stoked to see there's a new half season I get to watch!

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brennan is absolutely a top notch DM. I never got Dropout so couldn't finish the first season but I'm stoked to see there's a new half season I get to watch!
There's also half of Bloodkeep you can watch. It even has an NPC Brennan pulled out of his ass and is the best NPC ever.

I need to sit down and watch this! My friend was at the show when they recorded it and he said it was amazing.
It is indeed amazing.

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
The moment he asked the minotaur if it wanted to hotbox, I knew he had some kind of crazy plan up his sleeve.
I did not expect it to be THAT crazy!

I really dig these small live show episodes, it's a fun way to keep up on the PCs, while also getting to know new characters. Now i'm just sad that I ran out of episodes to watch...
Again...

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pigeon Plus One. Though that meant one thing, but it meant something else. Emily named this episode.

Also, the Adventuring Academy was pretty good. It was with Siobhan. Something I realized when watching it: they play a lot of D&D. They do D20 plus their home games. In the case of Emily and Brian, they do D20, NADDPOD, and various home games. It's wild to me.

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
Came home from vacation and saw Pigeon Plus Ones yesterday and am already halfway through Scramble in the Sewers. I have SO much love for this setting and the descriptions of the magical underside of NY. I am completely intrigued by the titles Vox Fantasma and Vox Populi and I need to know more!

That being said, it does feel like a lot of the entertainment is from pure character interaction and not so much from the plot developments/story (yet).

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
Comedians are definitely up there, but I feel like voice actors (critical role) are a tad better (as players). Though as a whole, I cannot compare the two campaigns as it's like comparing your favorite comedy with your favorite drama movie.