• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
From their last investor presentation, it will take a while for this to release :
FFJ6M6OXEAYVO2C

Oct 27, 2017
Not super into MMOs, but I can always skip it and not get burnt out on Marvel stuff :)

Last edited:

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Important notes for this story:

- "Untitled Marvel Game 2020" by Daybreak was listed in the GeForce Now leak
- Daybreak had been working on a Marvel MMO that was cancelled in 2018 as a consequence of financial issues at the studio that also brought on multiple waves of layoffs
- Daybreak restructured in early 2020 and saw the studio splinter into 3 smaller entities, with DCUO formally going under the new Dimensional Ink Studios umbrella alongside this new Marvel MMO and a Lord of the Rings Online refresh in collaboration with Amazon Games as part of their LOTR push with the new Amazon Prime show
- Dimensional Ink is led by Jack Emmert, who also served as Lead Designer on City of Heroes and Marvel Universe Online at Cryptic Studios before Microsoft killed the project which then changed hands and eventually became Marvel Heroes

Oct 26, 2017
Important notes for this story:

- "Untitled Marvel Game 2020" by Daybreak was listed in the GeForce Now leak
- Daybreak had been working on a Marvel MMO that was cancelled in 2018 as a consequence of financial issues at the studio that also brought on multiple waves of layoffs
- Daybreak restructured in early 2020 and saw the studio splinter into 3 smaller entities, with DCUO formally going under the new Dimensional Ink Studios umbrella alongside this new Marvel MMO and a Lord of the Rings Online refresh in collaboration with Amazon Games as part of their LOTR push with the new Amazon Prime show
- Dimensional Ink is led by Jack Emmert, who also served as Lead Designer on City of Heroes and Marvel Universe Online at Cryptic Studios before Microsoft killed the project which then changed hands and eventually became Marvel Heroes
Oh, I was kidding before, there was a MUO by Daybreak already at some point? LOL

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I refuse to be excited by yet another multiplayer Marvel GaaS game, after both Marvel Heroes 2016 and Avengers. I don't know what kind of reverse Midas touch Marvel has with videogames that consistently manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of what should be guaranteed victories. Not touching this game unless and until it's at least five years old and a runaway success.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
This is interesting in light of that "Sony has grabbed up the Marvel equipment of DC Universe Online" rumor on the gaming leaks sub-reddit two weeks ago, especially considering their link to being ex-Daybreak/SOE.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
This is interesting in light of that "Sony has grabbed up the Marvel equipment of DC Universe Online" rumor on the gaming leaks sub-reddit two weeks ago, especially considering their link to being ex-Daybreak/SOE.

It's supposedly a PS5 game (based on previous rumors from the Xbox Era podcast)

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not over Disney shutting down Marvel Heroes, but sure I'll play it when it gets released.
I'll never get over the loss of Marvel Heroes. They really turned that game into something incredible and the first thing I thought when I read this thread title was "well it won't be as good as Marvel Heroes"

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm still not over Disney shutting down Marvel Heroes, but sure I'll play it when it gets released.

I'll never get over the loss of Marvel Heroes. They really turned that game into something incredible and the first thing I thought when I read this thread title was "well it won't be as good as Marvel Heroes"

gone too soon from this world. i'll never not miss marvel heroes

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Is 'IGI Origins' a prequel to 'Project IGI'? Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that franchise to make a comeback.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Their more interesting updates are in the medium to longer term brackets....Couldn't really careless about the Q4 and 2022 stuff 😐

Last edited:

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah unless disney is funding it, I doubt given the way disney handles games, it will be resource starved. mmos are big projects, theres a reason qwe dont see manny AAA mmo attempts. the next AAA mmo I am awere of is likely the Riot mmo.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
Dimensional Ink Studios, the latest name for the Austin, Texas branch of Daybreak Game Company, is working on a "Marvel IP based massively multiplayer online game", according to an investor presentation. This investor presentation was published online by parent company Enad Global 7 (EG7), and spotted by Twitter user and Twitch streamer Miller.
Development of this so-far unannounced MMO is led by Jack Emmert, who co-founded Cryptic Studios, designed and helmed City of Heroes, and currently leads the 10-year-old DC Universe Online.
www.eurogamer.net

DC Universe Online dev making a Marvel MMO

The developer of DC Universe Online is making a Marvel MMO.Dimensional Ink Studios, the latest name for the Austin, Tex…
34.jpg

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'd play it.

Honestly I really liked DCUO when it came out but it's just quite aged now.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
DC Universe Online was an okay MMO from that era, so I would be down for an expanded make your own hero MMO.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Early DCUO was amazing. Loved the open world PVP... zipping around the world map, getting mid air battles DBZ style... good times.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of that cancelled Marvel Universe Online project which supposed to be a Xbox 360 console exclusive.
It had a small teaser that I really liked:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I liked DCUO, thats probably the only MMO I ever played.

WIll keep an eye on this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see how long it lasts. Marvel has not been good at supporting their live service games for an extended period.