• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
ERhZFTbWAAAYJTk
ERhZGY5WkAAB8XJ

appleofeden.de-doc.com

Dino Crisis Classic REbirth

DOWNLOADS & LINKS Classic Rebirth DLL Official Windows XP patch by SourceNext Mods High Quality Videos High Quality Audio (by lexas87) User manual Change log WHAT’S CLASSIC REBIRTH? Classic REbirth is a set of patches for CAPCOM's Survival Horror PC ports, currently supporting Resident Evil 1-...

Features
  • High Resolution Support
  • Xinput
  • Higher Quality Music
  • Higher Quality Movies
  • English & Japanese Language Options
  • Widescreen Support
  • 60FPS Support
  • Play game without installing

With the release of this patch, Dino Crisis on PC is now the best way to play the game. It allows for the best visuals and the most amount of content compared to all of the other versions of DC1. If you've ever played the Silent Hill 2 PC HD mod, this is similar to that. I've been testing this version with my copy for quite some time and it's amazing. It's above what I would expect even a official DC release on GoG/Steam to be atm.

You'll need a copy of the Japanese Sourcenext Version of Dino Crisis to play this but once you have that, you'll have the definitive way to play Dino Crisis.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh cool, this looks great! Sadly can't seem to find any way to purchase this version in the UK though :(

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
I know the day Capcom officially announces the Dino Crisis Remake, I will quickly open up ERA and find atleast 3 Jawmuncher threads.
But seriously, they laid down the groundwork with RE2 and RE3, plus there have been so many zombie games and pretty much zero dinosaur games. I don't believe for a second that there won't be a Dino Crisis announcement within the next 2 years.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Better than Dreamcast now? Damn! Still might stick to dreamcast for the VMU hud lol

And is the PC version of Silent hill 2 really the definitive way to play? I still thought the PS2 version with the extra scenario was still the best.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Better than Dreamcast now? Damn! Still might stick to dreamcast for the VMU hud lol

And is the PC version of Silent hill 2 really the definitive way to play? I still thought the PS2 version with the extra scenario was still the best.

Is the extra scenario the one where you play as Maria? Since the PC version has that as well.
I'm sure you can argue the fog in the PS2 vs PC but as a overall package the PC HD mod works now, especially since it still has filters and such.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice! Even if tracking down a copy is a pain.

Would be cool to see MGS PC receive the same treatment.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Is the extra scenario the one where you play as Maria? Since the PC version has that as well.
I'm sure you can argue the fog in the PS2 vs PC but as a overall package the PC HD mod works now, especially since it still has filters and such.
Okay, I guess they'd be equal for accessbility reasons, although as I own SH2 for PS2, I'll stick to my copy, thanks for the info.

Is this version of DC uncensored? I'd assume not as that was only the early version of DC on PS1, right?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Okay, I guess they'd be equal for accessbility reasons, although as I own SH2 for PS2, I'll stick to my copy, thanks for the info.

Is this version of DC uncensored? I'd assume not as that was only the early version of DC on PS1, right?

When it came to Violence and Death Scenes in Dino Crisis all the regions were the same actually. As there was never dismemberment or anything in them.
Just blood and damaged bodies.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
When it came to Violence and Death Scenes in Dino Crisis all the regions were the same actually. As there was never dismemberment or anything in them.
Just blood and damaged bodies.
Oh, urban myth then? Even TCRF mentions something about the uncensored/early japanese version, and I briefly came across some text mentioning half a body being left in a t-rex attack.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Gemini is the best,he is still doing god's work.
A shame there's no door skip like the sourcenext versions of RE2 and 3.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent. Thanks for sharing, Jaw, as always. I really need to do a replay at some point. Despite my great love for the series, it's been way too long.

And man, I forgot how dull and ugly DC1's polygonal grey metal corridors are. Capcom, please remake this shit already using RE2-3make assets. I can clearly visualize these environments with RE Engine lighting on next gen consoles in my mind. Raptors gunning for Regina's crimson ass at mach speed like 28 Days Later zombies. The T-Rex as a half stalker, half cinematic set piece 12ft tall Nemesis on steroids.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
That second screen in the OP looks way too clean to me.

In Retroarch you can:

• Increase resolution
  • Fix perspective errors
  • Keep a CRT shader on top (I recommend Royale)
And you will be playing the highest IQ, but keeping a bit of the CRT TV look you remember.

I don't recommend using the upscaling suggestion for full 3D games, as it works best in 2D background games with 3D elements on top (Final Fantasies, Resident Evils, Dino Crisis 2)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I was not prepared for the "Make retro-games Great Again" banner(?) across the top of the site. Cool mod though. I mean, it would be nice if a official release of this game that was pretty much equivalent to playing the Sourcenext version with this mod installed hit gog one day. But honestly Japanese companies like Capcom seem to be so bad about making PC versions of their old games available that I would be happy if just the untouched Sourcenext version of this game popped up on gog.

Oct 31, 2017
In Retroarch you can:

• Increase resolution
  • Fix perspective errors
And you will be playing the highest IQ, but keeping a bit of the CRT TV look you remember.

I don't recommend using the upscaling suggestion for full 3D games, as it works best in 2D background games with 3D elements on top (Final Fantasies, Resident Evils, Dino Crisis 2)

Can this be done on PS Classic or only on PC ?

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
In Retroarch you can:

• Increase resolution
  • Fix perspective errors

Silent Hill looks ten times better with downsampling, but you must use a cry shader with it. Crt Hyllian looks best to me with downsampling

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
So...how do I enable 60fps? There's a turbo mode but I can't seem to locate how to get steady 60.