• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Source - Mike Wilson @ ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8eqYWm

mike-wilson-keyshot3vrjen.jpg

mike-wilson-keyshot9gukk8.jpg

mike-wilson-stillturngej2h.jpg

More Image at the Source Link

--------------

This is from a while ago but wanted to share because of how great of a fan concept it is. If someone didn't know any better, they might've thought it was a leaked image from an upcoming remake as it captures the current RE Engine design style perfectly. The redesign of Regina is also interesting to see as her original design hasn't particularly aged well (Even if not as bad as other designs from that era). The design here feels like a good way of modernizing her style while keeping true to form.

While we might be a bit away from the series coming back officially, stuff like this really helps with the wait in the meantime. Since it really hammers home how well the IP could look if given the chance to come back.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Jawmuncher I truly hope something does come along eventually as all these fan projects feel like they were made just to taunt you.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
"recreated" doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title. It's one UE5 metahuman in a bad wig, some guns, and a hallway.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Just watched a Dino Crisis gameplay segment for the first time, and we need a reboot of this. This is the dinosaur game I'm craving. Hopefully, they'll avoid a latex suit for new iterations.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Looks aight, although her face looks super weird, and the default UE lighting/shine isn't great.

App developed by Epic and 3Lateral. Basically a character creator on steroids that lets you make incredibly realistic high fidelity digital human models.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A single character redesign and model were made (possibly partially with Metahuman). Thread title is a bit clickbaity.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
Another misleading thread title. "DINO CRISIS RECREATED!!!"*

*Just a render of the main character. No gameplay. No map. No release plan.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
the perfectly static hair is really off-putting with the high quality of the model.

metahuman?
"recreated" doing a lot of heavy lifting in that title. It's one UE5 metahuman in a bad wig, some guns, and a hallway.

Hair is usually a nightmare to work with; hell Res Evil barely pulled it off with Mia (VII looking pretty like a bad wig, and Village still looking plastic-y but better). It often only "works" because devs tend to make it pretty static to begin with. For a fan effort? This DC one looks pretty darn good for (what I assume) is a staff of 1 person.
maxresdefault.jpg

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though it might not apply specifically to this "project", the title of the YouTube video DOES say "Fan Remaster Project", so I believe this video should apply and I will post it any chance I get.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Came in here to see Ibis Island, some crazy-ass dinosaurs, but only got a recreation of Regina.

boo-boo-this-man.gif

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Jaw is the only human on this planet that can revive Dino Crisis. If he can't do it, no one can.

Be the hero we deserve, Jaw.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Synchronicity
Watching a sphere Hunter video where Jaw got trolled. Then bumping into this thread.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Wow i really like it, the suit looks really neat too.
Her eyes color should be dark brown or red tho.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I rather like the design--it's definitely calling back to her original outfit, but definitely looks more modern/less fetishistic than her original spy catsuit.

It kills me that Capcom won't make a new Dino Crisis. They could do fixed angle, survival horror or even more action like Dino Crisis 2. Just do it. Give Resident Evil a year off.

At it's peak (IE: DC1), Dino Crisis sold 1/3 less than the same year's RE game. DC2 sold half as well as the original. DC3 sold... it didn't sell, period.

Like, it was a cool RE ripoff from the actual creators of RE games when it first came out, but like, it was always RE's less popular kid brother.

Like, there is a shocking lack of dinosaur triple A games around, yeah, but I get why Capcom's not too interested in the IP, when it already has a legacy horror franchise that was more successful in its heyday, and oh yeah, still sells a mammoth amount every time a new game is released.

Deleted member 2279

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
www.unrealengine.com

MetaHuman | Realistic Person Creator - Unreal Engine

Create photorealistic digital humans, fully rigged and complete with hair and clothing, in minutes with Unreal Engine's free online MetaHuman app.

App developed by Epic and 3Lateral. Basically a character creator on steroids that lets you make incredibly realistic high fidelity digital human models.

thanks folks. hadn't seen that term before.

Hair is usually a nightmare to work with[…snip]

oh for sure. it wasn't a criticism really, i just meant that it stands out as much as it does because the rest is so good.

Apr 21, 2018
It'll happen eventually. RE2make too three generations to will into existence. Let's keep willing a Dino Crisis remake into existence!