• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Any mirrors?

Edit:

Found one.

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q75wxVxSBlI&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

2k has been particularly shy on releasing footage, information or even a release date for WWE 2k18 for Nintendo Switch. Yet, somehow, someone in Poland appears to have a copy of the game for Nintendo Switch and there are rumours going around that it's starting to pop up in stores in the US, I haven't seen any evidence of that though.

3da994716cda6d48364ef0e97d1a3b94.jpg

Why is 2k so hesitant to talk about the Switch version? I know the game gets a lot of flak for its issues but the port doesn't look that bad.

Last edited:

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Video taken down already.

Edit* nevermind just can't be viewed embedded.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Yikes, based on that video it doesn't look great - although maybe the patch boosts things a bit?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The animation looks really jittery compared to the PS4/Xbone version. It's like each wrestler has a mild seizure every time they're hit.

Other than that, it looks...fine? I mean it's still a port of an absolutely terrible game but it looks like an alright port. The lighting somehow looks worse than the PS4/Xbone version which is impressive because it looked terrible there too.

Nov 1, 2017
Considering the game is already bad based on the reactions for the game on the other systems is there anyone really wanting this? The entirely engine needs a redo.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The animation looks really jittery compared to the PS4/Xbone version. It's like each wrestler has a mild seizure every time they're hit.

Other than that, it looks...fine? I mean it's still a port of an absolutely terrible game but it looks like an alright port. The lighting somehow looks worse than the PS4/Xbone version which is impressive because it looked terrible there too.
I think WWE 2k18's lighting is quite impressive. It looks like they dropped all that for the Switch port.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the game is already bad based on the reactions for the game on the other systems is there anyone really wanting this? The entirely engine needs a redo.

Considering it looks like it's coming out on Black Friday with literally no PR, I think they know their audience.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I think WWE 2k18's lighting is quite impressive. It looks like they dropped all that for the Switch port.
I've certainly seen people express that opinion before. Can't say I agree with it though. It's a very ugly game across the board and the new lighting while better than it has been is still pretty hideous.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look that bad to be honest. Actually I'm impressed they achieved this for the Switch. But yeah, the audio have some issues and seems lika facial animations are non-existent, lol.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Will reserve judgement on the port after seeing footage of it patched.
One of the things to note from the video is that the menu has 8-man matches listed. 2k had previously said that the Switch version would only go up to 6-Man. I am curious to see what it's like after the rest of the game is downloaded. I wonder if it's even available yet.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
no shadows, his hands are constantly twitching on every grapple, that weird jizz hair lighting thing...

god dang

Aigato

Oct 30, 2017
Manchester, UK
Looks quite rough, would be heavily interested if the full career mode was in and it works unlike the Ps4/One versions which I hear are riddled

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the things to note from the video is that the menu has 8-man matches listed. 2k had previously said that the Switch version would only go up to 6-Man. I am curious to see what it's like after the rest of the game is downloaded. I wonder if it's even available yet.

Yea good point. So weird that this is already seemingly in stores. Kinda reminds me of the MW Remastered standalone release that got leaked by a physical product or something. Been playing WWE games almost every year since WWF Warzone on PS1 and yea 2K18 is a step up from 17. Not as good as 16 tho. If it does run decent on Switch, will pickup even though i played a fair bit on both ps4 and xbox.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they even got it to work at all, considering how this PS1 game engine that's been constantly revised and """"""""improved"""""""" into the horrific Frankenstein's monster we see today barely manages to run on much more powerful hardware. It's honestly a bigger miracle port than that Doom port that downgraded everything to launch 360 quality.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Holy crap! Looks like they got lazy and drop with this port, compare to NBA 2k18. The game looks unfinished, expected from 2k sometimes. 60fps or nah? That could be the reason.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy crap! Looks like they got lazy and drop with this port, compare to NBA 2k18. The game looks unfinished, expected from 2k sometimes. 60fps or nah? That could be the reason.
Technically they haven't downloaded the 24gb required day one patch so it might be unfinished until that is added. However, I am assuming that graphically this is what it will be unless there are assets that are in the 24gbs.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This is one case where being a weak port visually isn't actually too damning considering how lacklustre/inconsistent the main versions are visually.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's really hard to perceive 3D space with the ring being one block colour. I don't know how the other versions look but this isn't very impressive.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played a wrestling game since WWF War Zone on the n64. Is there any worth playing? It always seems like people have some weird issues with every one of them that comes out.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I didn't but one can hope.

Spike Chunsoft need to start porting Fire Pro Wrestling World over to the Switch
There was a rumour from a few years ago was that Spike was developing a Fire Pro for Nintendo's new system. That was way back before the NSW was announced. I don't know what happened to that version.

Aigato

Oct 30, 2017
Manchester, UK
There was a rumour from a few years ago was that Spike was developing a Fire Pro for Nintendo's new system. That was way back before the NSW was announced. I don't know what happened to that version.

Can only hope it's merged with World. Been loving that on Steam and taking it anywhere with me would be a dream!. Do wonder how the content downloads would work in the console ones though

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017
Was wondering why it looked so weird...then I realised there are no shadows!

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Despite all the hate around Yuke's, I trrust them when it comes to handhelds. They did great jobs both on PSP and DS. PSP ports were better than any other sports title on the platform. Everything was there except the commentary.