• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017

Looks pretty smooth, yeah? I know there have been some concerns with low enemy density, but I think there are similar concerns on all the console versions.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a great version. I'm excited to get back into this in a few weeks.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
What is up with this video? The rifts are different from what we got on PC. Stuff like molten lava randomly on floors, Rift room 3 being a butcher arena with 3 Diablos while only halfway done progressed through the rift, or Butcher in town...

I have a feeling Blizzcon is about changes coming to D3...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good but I'm more interested in the performance when I'm surrounded by 60 monsters in a rift and there's multiple explosions per second as I'm spamming them with my turrets generating dozens of fireballs per second. The start of the game running smooth is like the bare minimum, but that's not representative of the main part of Diablo 3.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Graphically looks on par with what my Surface Pro 2 could do (basically PC settings of low).

Nice to see it's smooth though - more important in a game like this.

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
What is up with this video? The rifts are different from what we got on PC. Stuff like molten lava randomly on floors, Rift room 3 being a butcher arena with 3 Diablos while only halfway done progressed through the rift, or Butcher in town...

Thought I was going crazy. I haven't really been active in D3 for a few seasons. I only played like 4-5 days each of the last 2 seasons, but I've yet to see a rift look like what was in the video.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018

probably just a custom rift they've thrown together for demo purposes

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be weird going from like 300+ hours of this on PC to console. But so worth it.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
What is up with this video? The rifts are different from what we got on
PC. Stuff like molten lava randomly on floors, Rift room 3 being a butcher arena with 3 Diablos while only halfway done progressed through the rift, or Butcher in town...

I hope people don't keep comparing the console versions to the PC version - they've always been two completely different beasts. Enemy placement and density have always been different in either case due to different control methods and the slightly more zoomed in view for the console versions.

This video looks pretty standard for a low-level rift to be honest, the characters don't even have any paragon levels. Wait until we start seeing higher GRift stuff before we get the pitchforks out.

Also, Blizzard already answered the question on mob density ages ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/com..._diablo_3_eternal_collection_gameplay/e4n7eq1
Just so that there's no further questioning: There have been no changes to mob density on the Switch.

EDIT -
Here's a video from Digital Foundry about the undocked performance from what looks like that same demo, playing with four players, looks pretty legit in handheld mode. Absolutely cannot wait! ;3

Last edited:

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
God Blizzard makes such good ass video games

This'll be my third purchase of D3 w/ all the expansion stuff.

And i've put in at least 100 hrs every time. One of the most satisfying treadmills in gaming for sure. And perfect for Switch.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
God Blizzard makes such good ass video games

This'll be my third purchase of D3 w/ all the expansion stuff.

And i've put in at least 100 hrs every time. One of the most satisfying treadmills in gaming for sure. And perfect for Switch.
This was already a lock for me ever since the rumours started circulating (that infamous light switch tweet). It's been consistently my most played game both this generation on PS4 and the last on PS3 :V now that it's portable, those long plane and train journeys, even those long lunch breaks, will have me grinding forever...

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Dpy7U5zUUAA7GYm.jpg:large

Im ready, come on lets go!!! This wait is crazy....

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Do we connect to battle.net?
If not than it's a hard pass from me. The online was ruined on ps4 with all the hacked items.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Do we connect to battle.net?
If not than it's a hard pass from me. The online was ruined on ps4 with all the hacked items.
It'll work like the other console versions - basically offline characters that can be taken online, or you can take part in online-only seasons.

So yeah, you can imagine the reason why Blizzard are hesitant to allow players to move their characters around, thanks to console hacking.

EDIT- beaten :V