• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Looks super badass. I wish Sakurai would step backwards a bit about Zero Suit Samus (the Other M ver)

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I always imagined Samus as this powerhouse woman who intimidates her foes; so it was sad to see how that all went downhill after Metroid Prime with how Zero Mission and Echoes went more for the sexualized Barbie/Super-Model look. Curious to see your guys thoughts on the art and the direction of Samus/Metroid in general.

You can't have a Barbie/Super-Model look and still be a badass?

I like this depiction, but she's still fit as hell under that armor and there's nothing wrong with that. If we got a Metroid Netflix series like the Castlevania series I'd die of happiness right after binging the entire series three times.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an alright artwork but I never saw Samus as a "hardass, with a no-BS, somewhat military-esque attitude."

Didn't Other M canonicaly prove that Samus is an insecure and subservient mess and not a hardened warrior?

While Other M story is a mess, Super Metroid and Metroid 2 did display that Samus had a gentle side. The whole Samus is a badass is just something that the fandom came up with.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
As many have said, I like it all except the decision to depict her face in an overly grim fashion. She's been a calm, stoic bounty hunter and while I think she is hardened, I feel like this piece of art is too "what if Samus were Doom Guy?"

She can be a stoic, badass without having to be grim and scowling.