• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 12, 2020
Great! Looking forward to trying the duelsense features.

I wonder if they had something with Xbox so they couldn't talk about the PS5 version until now.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Apparently most (all?) devs are using the adaptive feedback in their games already on launch window, if it actually feels good this can be a good differentiating factor for multiplatform games, I'd rather have the dual sense than a little bit better graphics on the Series X.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Third-parties going all in with the DualSense's unique features, nice to see.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Apparently most (all?) devs are using the adaptive feedback in their games already on launch window, if it actually feels good this can be a good differentiating factor for multiplatform games, I'd rather have the dual sense than a little bit better graphics on the Series X.
It still has symetrical sticks, so it would be worse for me in games where you have to use the left stick, it would be ok for dpad games though.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The date had already been informed by Codemasters preorder alert.

20201020_092406.jpg

Last edited:

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so tempted to get all the ps5 launch games but I don't know about this one and destruction allstsrs. The only racing games I like are burnout 3 and Driveclub and I'm guessing Dirt plays like neither.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when we will get impressions on the PS5 triggers for this game. Looking like I will be getting both PS5 and XSX, so I don't know which version of dirt to get.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Is there a such thing as a timed marketing exclusive? Dont see why they couldn't talk about it before now and it's coming at launch anyway. Doesn't make sense.
They are talking about it now so as you can see there is no marketing exclusive. Maybe it was just taking them longer to get it ready? Microsoft also has units out there for testing, why doesn't Sony?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I always feel weird about driving games at new console launches. Driving games always look amazing. This looks amazing. I always want a driving game to show off the power of my new console, but......I don't enjoy driving games.

But LOOK at it. It's looks magnificent.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Well for now at least lol

If the unique features are still being utilized by third party devs by the end of next year then things are looking good.

Agreed. I think the haptic feedback and triggers will be used quite a bit, it's only natural for devs to support them because I don't think they are gimmicks.

You need to relax, the consoles are out in 3 weeks, nobody is hiding anything.

True, didn't realize how soon it is. Exciting times.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
The sheer amount of Skus for DF to test on this game alone is insane. Factor that in with other next gen games, back compatible games etc, I don't envy their workload.

I just hope the idiot fanboys don't ruin it, but as someone said earlier in the thread, it will be a bloodbath.

Let's all just be happy we are all getting 2 consoles launching with 4k/120fps games

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad the timing worked out in the end. Looking forward to giving this a try after playing through Demon's Souls and Miles Morales.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I'm very interested in trying out the adaptive triggers in racing games versus the rumble triggers on the Xbox controller. It was a big difference for me this gen when playing games on PS4 that didn't have them, so if it ups the feedback a similar amount I'll be very interested for Gran Turismo.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
why the fuck are there so many launch games

why the fuck am I complaining about this

glad it's hitting launch. wasn't a day 1 title for me but I really wanna play it. this will replace Godfall as my first post-launch backup game.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I'm very interested in trying out the adaptive triggers in racing games versus the rumble triggers on the Xbox controller. It was a big difference for me this gen when playing games on PS4 that didn't have them, so if it ups the feedback a similar amount I'll be very interested for Gran Turismo.
It'll probably change it in an even more drastic way then the rumble triggers. Those were neat but I never missed them when playing on PS4.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nice to see them being there at launch and using the DualSense in interesting ways. I hope this commitment to the controller by the third party devs stays over the course of the generation. I remember games using the Xbox One gamepad features and later stop supporting them.

This was their response last time people screamed 'because marketing deal' when they said they didn't have a confirmed date for PS5 yet.

Time to eat crow for those believing it's a time exclusive.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
If they could just announce cross-save between PS4 and PS5, that would be great, I'd probably dive in. Almost there!

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I always feel weird about driving games at new console launches. Driving games always look amazing. This looks amazing. I always want a driving game to show off the power of my new console, but......I don't enjoy driving games.

But LOOK at it. It's looks magnificent.

Does it though? Don't get me wrong, the game looks fun, but visually doesn't seem very impressive. It's cool having the option to play at 120fps though.