• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I finally started this game up today, and wow. I can't believe this constant hitching every few seconds. Apparently it has something to do with USB ports and a racing wheel. You need to potentially disable a number of USB ports in device manager to get the hitching to stop? F that.

That's correct. And codemasters doesn't seem to be in a hurry to patch this issue (or many other issues). I really regret buying the deluxe edition.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I finally started this game up today, and wow. I can't believe this constant hitching every few seconds. Apparently it has something to do with USB ports and a racing wheel. You need to potentially disable a number of USB ports in device manager to get the hitching to stop? F that.

Well I hope they get to fixing that before the Oculus version launches. Because Rift users are gonna kinda need all of those USBs... Damn. I was intending to double dip but won't if this problem persists.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, pro is kicking my assumption. I went from winning stages by 10+ seconds to losing by that much. I'm happy to get one or two split times in the green.

Edit, lol autocorrect

Yeah this is what I'm saying, the gap between pro and clubman in difficulty seems way too big.

Really seeming from this thread and the CM forums like this wasn't quite ready for release. I'm loving it, but there's way too many strange issues and bugs.

Edit: also to those posters noting blurriness, there are multiple users there noting the same thing
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35292-ps4-pro-4k-samsung-tv-blurry/

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is what I'm saying, the gap between pro and clubman in difficulty seems way too big.

Really seeming from this thread and the CM forums like this wasn't quite ready for release. I'm loving it, but there's way too many strange issues and bugs.

Edit: also to those posters noting blurriness, there are multiple users there noting the same thing
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35292-ps4-pro-4k-samsung-tv-blurry/

maybe the race engineer replaced our coolant with beer

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have any blur on PC when I turn off the AA solution. I don't understand how developers continue to add these AA methods if they're just going to smear the quality of an image, or when they decide to over-sharpen, as is the case with Metro. This game doesn't run particularly great at max settings, or even feel as responsive as the last one, but that could just be the starting car.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any blur on PC when I turn off the AA solution. I don't understand how developers continue to add these AA methods if they're just going to smear the quality of an image, or when they decide to over-sharpen, as is the case with Metro. This game doesn't run particularly great at max settings, or even feel as responsive as the last one, but that could just be the starting car.

Seems to be mainly being noted by people playing on PS4 Pros.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i had a suspicion that i'd be a lot faster with a wheel than with the pad, especially in the fast bits of a stage. to test i decided to run a stage a few times to get a decent run then switch to the pad to see how the times would compare. i'll do that soon, but i just checked the leadeboard time and i'm 63rd. in the world.

holy shit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
ok, i'm faster on the pad. at least until i get more time under my belt.

USA, Hancock creek burst, 3:39.953 in the evo VI

#19 in the world (until more people race it in this class?)

EDIT: 2nd on xbox!

Last edited:

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Picked this up on CDKeys for £20 on PC and hope to play some tonight. Sorry if I missed it (and I haven't started the game) but has the pricing been announced for the season DLC, I need my C4.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
ok, i'm faster on the pad. at least until i get more time under my belt.

USA, Hancock creek burst, 3:39.953 in the evo VI

#19 in the world (until more people race it in this class?)

EDIT: 2nd on xbox!

Holy crap. I'm still in the mode of driving like a pensioner trying not to flip my car at every corner. Loving it but nowhere near proficient yet!

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
Wishing there as Pikes Peaks. I held the #1 position in Leaderboards for a quite a while in DR1. Good times!

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Looking forward to checking out Monte Carlo when that drops. Good memories with those tracks in Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 3.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I've stopped playing for now. The overdose of night/rain races and bad FFB started to work on my nerves. It's sad that Codemaster still hasn't bothered to release a patch to fix this.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I've stopped playing for now. The overdose of night/rain races and bad FFB started to work on my nerves. It's sad that Codemaster still hasn't bothered to release a patch to fix this.

I haven't bought DR2 yet, but isn't it possible to just make your own multi stage events to race where you can set the time of day and such? I loved that feature in previous DiRT games.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I haven't bought DR2 yet, but isn't it possible to just make your own multi stage events to race where you can set the time of day and such? I loved that feature in previous DiRT games.

Yes, but you won't gain any money from these events. If you want to buy and upgrade cars, you need to play the career.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Really nice review fro

Really nice review from Daniel Bloodworth. After his excellent review of Onrush he certainly seems to have a good handle on Codemaster's games. Pleased he highlighted the issues with the career mode and the niggles with the DLC but didnt let them detract too much from the superb experience of driving in the game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really nice review fro

Really nice review from Daniel Bloodworth. After his excellent review of Onrush he certainly seems to have a good handle on Codemaster's games. Pleased he highlighted the issues with the career mode and the niggles with the DLC but didnt let them detract too much from the supurb experience of driving in the game.
Yeah Blood is great when it comes to reviewing racing games.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I've kind of been hoping for a patch to hit soon. The CM forums notes they're tracking quite a few issues so it must be inbound but the communication hasn't been great (they used to have someone here at Era, too bad that's no longer the case).

I'm really hoping for better distribution in times of day, better weather frequency balance and better career difficulty balancing.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
bugs seem to be getting more frequent for me, x1x. some what common sound drops until the next race reloads and a few hard crashes too. just entered my 3rd race in a weekly event where i was currently 96th in the world, only to have the game crash with my screen going black and the console unresponsive. weee

has codies said anything in any capacity about patches coming, even if unspecific?

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
So many design decisions in this game are starting to get to me. I can't help feeling that the decision to limit the earning of credits to the career mode is to encourage purchase of the season pass with its 'credit drops'. Aside from the dailies most of the modes I want to play are in the Freeplay area but I need to earn credits in career mode to get the cars to play them... It is pretty disappointing to be honest. On the verge of abandoning the game no matter how much I enjoy the driving.

And as for the season pass I would have been up for it it was genuine DLC. Courses from Dirt Rally 1 along with some more Rallycross tracks is not appealing however.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Certainly for having a season based DLC plan all laid out, i would have expected them to have a more bug free product present at launch. Or at least be very responsive to issues post release.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
is it just me or are the cars, specifically noticeable with the low power ones like the lancia, down on power in argentina? are they simulating the effect of altitude?

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
So does the state of this thread suggest the game is not doing well, or is Era just not particularly interested in DR 2.0? There seems to be about 5 of us regularly participating

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So does the state of this thread suggest the game is not doing well, or is Era just not particularly interested in DR 2.0? There seems to be about 5 of us regularly participating
its a damn shame if it is. its certainly not without flaws and bugs (for some apparently much worse than what i've experienced), and it seems like a lower budget has limited it a bit, but my god what is there is amazing. it feels so good.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I just recall the DR1 thread being much more active - though I suppose that had the advantage of being a series paradigm shift that was much applauded. There was also the slow drip of content in the early access phase.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I just recall the DR1 thread being much more active though I suppose that had the advantage of being a series paradigm shift that was much applauded. There was also the slow drip of content in the early access phase.
yeah, you arent wrong. like i said, its a shame. i hope its enough of a success to continue with the seasons AND, of course, the dirt rally franchise. i still dream that one day codies gets the wrc license (but hot damn does wrc 8 look good visually! - i just bumped that thread!)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, you arent wrong. like i said, its a shame. i hope its enough of a success to continue with the seasons AND, of course, the dirt rally franchise. i still dream that one day codies gets the wrc license (but hot damn does wrc 8 look good visually! - i just bumped that thread!)

Haha I saw and posted in it!

WRC7 was actually pretty good - but 30fps and much more arcade like physics. Not sure if they're switching that up for 8. It def looks the part though. It's ultimately aiming for a very different place than DR so you can enjoy both.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

Racing games are things I can be playing years after release. However, I moved on from DR 2.0 in in the short term because I had enough of racing in the dark and in the rain with awful FFB. Codemasters have been far too slow with a patch and I got other things to play.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
other than the weeklies/dailes, i'm dont think the night and rain is over done. is that what youre complaining about?

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Far too many night stages in career is what I meant. I like racing at night but in the end it just came over as too many in a short space of racing.

I was more annoyed with the FFB than anything. If they had managed to patch that fast enough I would still be racing night and rain. Meddling with the .ini files in order to just amplify what was originally very little FFB at all just capped off a pretty poor experience all round. Even with the force feedback changes to the .ini files it still seems if some effects are missing. Right up until you go over a cattle grid and almost get the wheel pulled out of your hands with a force that has no relation to the amount of FFB you have been feeling throughout the rest of the stage.

I also had a hangover of irritation from the game having to be online all the time and it not working properly for a few days. Add that to the other stuff and I felt that the game was not as it should be and better to move on to come back later than stick with it and allow it to piss me off so much i never played again.

jwc13ac

Oct 30, 2017
I don't feel this game is much less popular, it's just right now driving games in general don't seems to be the hottest in gaming, and Dirt Rally is even more niche than something like Forza , Gran Turismo, Or even "main" Dirt games. I see this more like a Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

I do feel they should lower the amount of night and rain, game just looks and feels so much better in the day. Yes, I get the challenge, but limit that. I use a pad so I don't understand the FFB issues, but in a game like this, the small things matter

That all being said, I love this as much if not more than the first. No other driving game gives you the same "feeling" when you are in the zone. Can't wait for more tracks/updates.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
Racing games are things I can be playing years after release. However, I moved on from DR 2.0 in in the short term because I had enough of racing in the dark and in the rain with awful FFB. Codemasters have been far too slow with a patch and I got other things to play.

I'm in the same boat, Dirt Rally 2.0 went into my pile of games i'm waiting to be properly patched/finished.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still playing some deep and focused single player games so I haven't really touched this game just yet.

However, I'm disappointed additional tracks, which are much needed, are in a paid Season Pass only. Doesn't make this as viable considering, from what I understand, much of the content is from the original game anyway.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017

In my case, Dirt Rally 2.0 went from a "will buy day one without any doubt" (i loved Dirt Rally) to a "will buy without any doubt at the first sale" after the DLC and deluxe edition announcement. It rubbed me the wrong way, especially leaving out snow and Dirt Rally remastered tracks, both to be released within weeks after release, and including events/challenges that are only playable if you own the deluxe version, regardless of any future DLC (apparently this is the case judging by the video review posted earlier?). Always online for career mode didn't help either but this was not the main reason. Also, i remember DLC shenanigans from Codemasters in Dirt 3, after which iirc they didn't do any DLC in any of their games except maybe Onrush.

I tend to vote with my wallet in a case like this (which i also do in positive ways, e.g. by supporting smaller developers day one, ...). I doubt it will influence developers/publishers in any way and it seems i'm missing out on a great sequel. But i'll get to play it in a more complete and bug free version in a few months.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Did an early morning jaunt in Poland with the Polo GTI. Kinda in love with how the car handles. I thought I did pretty well but ended up placing 9th smh. Story of my life with this game. I just have to git gud. Still fun though

https://youtu.be/qttOL_ydw78

I just recall the DR1 thread being much more active - though I suppose that had the advantage of being a series paradigm shift that was much applauded. There was also the slow drip of content in the early access phase.
Yeah as others have said these kind of games have turned niche. I honestly didn't expect much traffic here.

I remember listening to an EZA podcast and they were breaking down the games that were coming out in the beginning of the year and they didn't even mention this one. They even followed up with corrections of games they missed on the following podcast and still didn't mention the game. Lol. Game was under a lot of radars and the lack of marketing the devs did for this game didn't help either.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Enjoying the game but the headlights break quite easily and at night this is impossible. Highly recommended game though and is the best rally simulator I've played.